HTC One M8 Dot View Case

Search This thread

Knight2011

Jun 18, 2010
I have weather setup and i dont have a custom wallpaper set.
I'll check all the settings again, maybe i missed something.

Edit: Quick question, do you have to have location turned on or can you just set it maually?
I have it set manually and htc sync is set.

Last edited:

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
I have a black one - novel idea but I like it. Proper black. I paid £10 for it. I text one handed fine with the case folded back and I like the folding.

Sent using XDA mobile app

jlouang

Jun 8, 2010
I bought my dot view case from eBay for $9.99. Seems authentic. Came with HTC box. Case says HTC on front and back. I bought it from the seller allq1wacxess

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ucel

May 10, 2012
Hi guys,

thanks for the tip with background - I can confirm this - the weather is only shown for the first background selected. But I have noticed another issue - does anybody know how can I use flashlight together with dot view? When I close the case the light goes off. And working with the case open is not especially comfortable...

Last edited:

Justin2003

Oct 31, 2009
Kerkrade
Hi guys,

thanks for the tip with background - I can confirm this - the weather is only shown for the first background selected. But I have noticed another issue - does anybody know how can I use flashlight together with dot view? When I close the case the light goes off. And working with the case open is not especially comfortable...

Double tab on screen and flashlight turns on.

cygnus56

Apr 11, 2010
Oaxaca
I tested without using any protection screen and even still close the case properly it, plus a friend has bought the M8 and the case and also the same thing happens, why?

dot.jpg

billgs

Aug 19, 2007
I have a black one - novel idea but I like it. Proper black. I paid £10 for it. I text one handed fine with the case folded back and I like the folding.

Sent using XDA mobile app

Can you please share the link where you got a proper black dot flip? I have a red M8 and I purchased the "grey" (european) option, only to realise that grey looks cr@p on my red phone. Then I replaced this with a "warm black" (american) colour option, turning out to be the same grey colour... So, please do share your source, and thanks in advance!

vegetaleb

I love this cover but nobody is trying to make new mods for it, HTC did some improvements but we are far from really get the max of it.
Why not giving us weather + custom wallpaper next update?
Also only the Viper rom has some mods, but we can add:
-Music tracks
-Play/Stop
-Torch on/off
Common HTC or XDA devs :rolleyes:

raviluke

Sep 6, 2010
Markham
I have the DOT VIEW case and its great and all, but in all honesty, I feel its making the phone too thick. I just put a glass protector on my M8 and rocking it without the Dot View.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Are there any third party/unofficial dot view cases that protect the side edges a bit more? I like the look of the dot vie case but wouldn't feel too happy having the edges exposed that much.

Mike Lim

Mar 14, 2010
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I love this cover but nobody is trying to make new mods for it, HTC did some improvements but we are far from really get the max of it.
Why not giving us weather + custom wallpaper next update?
Also only the Viper rom has some mods, but we can add:
-Music tracks
-Play/Stop
-Torch on/off
Common HTC or XDA devs :rolleyes:

Try the latest Dot View app update.
They have added some nice features.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: djmatt604

RLife

Oct 17, 2014
Genuine HTC One M8 Dot View Case - HC M100 (Warm Black) AU Stock Saves $$$

Hi there,

I have a bunch of Genuine Dot View (Black) cover for HTC M8. Priced at $25 with free shipping (standard AustPost shipping).

Site: eBay
Seller: r-life

Genuine HTC One M8 Dot View Case - HC M100 (Warm Black) AU Stock Saves $$$

Price: $25.00
Condition: Brand new
Qty: More than 30 available
Stock: Australia

Attachments

• 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 514
  • 113.JPG
    113.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 462
  • 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 449
  • 115.JPG
    115.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 455

Jaredmf

Jul 26, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of the Dot Case for two main reasons: the weird hinge design that makes it almost impossible to use one handed, and the fact that you can't use the camera without holding it open like a book, which requires two hands (and makes you look weird :p)

Reactions: pottyvick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't forget to get the app update. You can choose a wallpaper now.

su3uryde.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

ume4abyn.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I really want the Dot View case for this phone. Did anyone mange to get their hands on one and dicovered that they don't like it? Why don't youlike it and would you sell it?
    Could anyone post the new dot case apk. I am using custom ROM now.

Here U go! :p
    Just wondering if everybody would start sharing the various wallpapers that they are using for the dot view case? I'd love to use a star trek theme one, but I'm curious what you all are using.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2813555

There you have more stuff :)
    I just bought one and cover won't close all the way i have a privacy screen protector on does anyone's case cover on case stay flat

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Nope.. I think it's a design flaw.. I got mine the day they were released and it doesn't lay flat.. But if you're rooted.. I can recommend an app that enables alot more then the stock HTC abilities.. As in if you get a test message from any app. It will scroll the whole message across your screen.. Not just show the icon like HTC has it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app