Touchscreen actioned by the keyboard

Search This thread

SeptimiuB

Feb 3, 2011
London
Hello, I am using a windows 8, touchscreen enabled, Asus ux31a ultrabook. When I connect it to my projector or TV and close the lid, the touch screen is actioned by the keyboard upon touch and the movies pause sometimes or some apps are opened as a result. I can use the device manager and disable the touchscreen but it's a little inconvenient. Is there a way, maybe a script or something that can disable the touchscreen when I close the lid and enable it again when I open it? Thanks

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
The touchscreen is a capacitive touch panel, the keyboard is not conductive and cannot trigger the screen, nor should it even be touching the screen.

Something to try, open the screen but orientate the entire laptop so the screen points downwards, does the same happen again? It may actually be a damaged screen, if the touch layers shift a little then they can register ghost input.

SeptimiuB

Feb 3, 2011
London
Thank for your reply. I have tried it and it still happens. It is clearly the keyboard interfering because if I open the virtual keyboard nd close the lid I can se on my TV the keys being pressed. Otherwise the touchscreen works flawlessly I have no problems with it or multi touch.