Power button not working

Search This thread

farzii

Mar 4, 2011
Hi all,
The power button of my atrix 2 is not working. I want to renap it to camera button, with sane fuctionality. I have tried using button remapper by it doesn't have option for camera button. I have tried searching in forums too but didnt find right answer as they were for other devices and also i want to use the camera button in recovery too. There was some script i came across some time ago but cudnt find it

Please help.

Its urgent
Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
Solved (^_^)

Hi all,
The power button of my atrix 2 is not working. I want to renap it to camera button, with sane fuctionality. I have tried using button remapper by it doesn't have option for camera button. I have tried searching in forums too but didnt find right answer as they were for other devices and also i want to use the camera button in recovery too. There was some script i came across some time ago but cudnt find it

Please help.

Its urgent

Welcome to A2 section farzii :)

there is no working method for making camera button to work as a power button, don't waste your time cause I've searched and tried a lot of those mapping methods and Xposed modules....THE ONLY WAY to save your trickle power button is to use volume rocker (buttons) as a power button, they works great and you will even get 2 power buttons :cool: (volume UP) and (volume DOWN).

The method is really simple...but first you've to root your A2 (you can search the help forum for HOW TO)

2) install Xposed framework (xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d) is the latest version.
3) install (XposedInstallerStaticBusyBox_v1) if you're on a custom rom.
4) Installation of the framework:
Launch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
Reboot.
5) install xposed additions module (com.spazedog.xposed.additionsgb).
6) now open Xposed and activate xposed additions module.
7) Reboot again.
8) open xposed additions and select "Buttons" then "Add new Key".
9) now press volume up (or down).
10) a new button will be added called volume up (press it and choose "add new condition" then press "Screen off"
11) a new option will appear called "SCREEN OFF no active condition" now press it to choose the condition
12) Now activate the "Click Action" option by pressing its right (check-in) mark then choose it and select "Power Key 26"

voila! you've a new power button :highfive:

if you want to set the volume down also just do the same above but when prompt to ask for pressing the key just press vol. down

To make it easier for you....all file required are provided in the attachments :angel:

Attachments

• XposedInstallerStaticBusyBox_v1.apk
    279.3 KB · Views: 5
  • xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d.apk
    711.8 KB · Views: 1
  • com.spazedog.xposed.additionsgb.apk
    273.1 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: farzii and noranora

farzii

Mar 4, 2011

there is no working method for making camera button to work as a power button, don't waste your time cause I've searched and tried a lot of those mapping methods and Xposed modules....THE ONLY WAY to save your trickle power button is to use volume rocker (buttons) as a power button, they works great and you will even get 2 power buttons :cool: (volume UP) and (volume DOWN).

The method is really simple...but first you've to root your A2 (you can search the help forum for HOW TO)

2) install Xposed framework (xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d) is the latest version.
Launch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
Reboot.
7) Reboot again.
10) a new button will be added called volume up (press it and choose "add new condition" then press "Screen off"
11) a new option will appear called "SCREEN OFF no active condition" now press it to choose the condition
12) Now activate the "Click Action" option by pressing its right (check-in) mark then choose it and select "Power Key 26"

if you want to set the volume down also just do the same above but when prompt to ask for pressing the key just press vol. down

To make it easier for you....all file required are provided in the attachments :angel:

Thanks for your help.

I m sorry,but i have already tried this.Through this method i can only lock or wake up the screen.WHat i m looking for is power off anfd power on the device with camera or any other key.

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
Thanks for your help.

I m sorry,but i have already tried this.Through this method i can only lock or wake up the screen.WHat i m looking for is power off anfd power on the device with camera or any other key.

hmmm...you can power off the device using "power dialog" shortcut in the status bar in 4.4 kitkat roms but while phone is off it's technically impossible to set another button to power on the device as power button is the only button connected to the power circuit inside the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved (^_^)

Hi all,

Please help.

Its urgent

Reboot.
    7) Reboot again.