[DEV] PSFreedom Android

Search This thread

kunalnarsey

Aug 5, 2010
okaay
download this:
extract the files and put them on the root of your sd card.
put the phone into fastboot, connect it to the computer and use fastboot to boot the img file.
' fastboot boot boot.img '
then the phone should boot up as usual, go into the terminal and point it to the directory where you put the rest of the extracted files (root of sdcard), so type these in.
#cd sdcard
#su
#insmod psfreedom.ko

Turn off your ps3 (from the wall I suppose) and connect the phone, turn the ps3 on and quickly press the eject button. If you did it right there should be some extra options under the game section. and it done!
if you want to back up games download this:

and put it on another usb drive and plug it in another hole, go into install packages and it should show up. Install backup manager. Insert a game, go into backup manager and press 'O' to backup

Tested on CM6

Tried on CM6-N1 with stock kernel and always hangs at reboot when loading cyanogen animation. hopefully more updates soon

GreyAlien

May 9, 2010
okaay
put the phone into fastboot, connect it to the computer and use fastboot to boot the img file.
then the phone should boot up as usual, go into the terminal and point it to the directory where you put the rest of the extracted files (root of sdcard), so type these in.
#cd sdcard
#su
#insmod psfreedom.ko

Turn off your ps3 (from the wall I suppose) and connect the phone, turn the ps3 on and quickly press the eject button. If you did it right there should be some extra options under the game section. and it done!

Tested and working on my rooted N1 with CM6. :)

T

t4tav

This message was deleted by its author

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyAlien

May 9, 2010
boot.img does not go on your phones micro-sd card by the way, the other files do. I had that problem with cannot load "boot.img" until I put that file in the Android SDK tools folder.

T

t4tav

Gilg@mesh

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
okaay
download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?cgst1aw26i26b60
#cd sdcard
#su
#insmod psfreedom.ko

Tested on CM6

I type this but it says: insmod: init_module "psfreedom.ko" failed (File exists)

liqn7

Mar 25, 2010
boot.img does not go on your phones micro-sd card by the way, the other files do. I had that problem with cannot load "boot.img" until I put that file in the Android SDK tools folder.

Could you please explain this further? So you need to have android SDK installed on ur pc?

T

t4tav

Gilg@mesh

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
Here you go, Instructions too...

Download this
http://www.mediafire.com/?cgst1aw26i26b60

and place it's contents onto the root of your SD-card.

Then download my flashable boot.img
http://cl.ly/83b21dd1818a791d857e

Place that on the root of your card, Reboot into recovery and flash the PS3-signed.zip

Reboot your phone.

Launch terminal emulator...

Then type the following...
Code:
#cd sdcard
#su
#insmod psfreedom.ko

Now turn your PS3 off at the wall, and plug in your phone.
Turn the PS3 back on at the wall.
Press the PS3 power button followed by the eject key in quick succession...

Profit ?? :D

got it working :)

now that I have backup manager installed, do I need the phone every time I restart the PS3?

Last edited:

liqn7

Mar 25, 2010
Disclaimer -
This will disable your ability to use USB storage on the phone!

How do you re-enable it? Would you suggest doing a nandroid backup of your normal settings, flash the ps3-signed.zip and use it for the ps3, then nandroid restore your original image?

BIG thanks to all the devs by the way. Homebrew ftw :)

Last edited:

kunalnarsey

Aug 5, 2010
Disclaimer -
This will disable your ability to use USB storage on the phone!
--------------

Here you go, Instructions too...

Place that on the root of your card, Reboot into recovery and flash the PS3-signed.zip

Reboot your phone.

Launch terminal emulator...

Then type the following...
Code:
#cd sdcard
#su
#insmod psfreedom.ko

Now turn your PS3 off at the wall, and plug in your phone.
Turn the PS3 back on at the wall.
Press the PS3 power button followed by the eject key in quick succession...

Profit ?? :D

WIN!!!!! had to change to older CM6-RC3 build. install pkg files is available!!gogogo thanks to devs!

edit 1 - WORKS GREAT but NO WIFI. I suspect this is to do with slight differences in cm6 that we all have. i'll try with a nightly later see if it works
edit 2 - Only seems to work on cm6-rc3, cm6-nightly and cm6-final get stuck at boot.I've made a nandroid backup of working kernel for now.
edir 3 - works with cm_passion-09062010-002731.zip. i'm sticking with this build for now.

Last edited:
T

t4tav