[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (mesmerizemtd/showcasemtd) - [07/21/11]

Search This thread

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Here is a test build/preview of the 2.6.35 MTD CM7 port for the Mesmerize and Showcase. It is built off the work of TeamHacksung, and is very different from earlier CM7 builds. At this point it is very functional, but still in very much of an ALPHA state.

Working:
Calls!!
SMS
3G data
GPS!!
Bluetooth!!
WiFi
Camera/Camcorder
USB mass storage / sdcard
Sensors!!
MMS

Not Working:
bugs :p

Known Issues:
* occassionally the radio may completely die (usually after phone has been powered off for a while) - fix: (shouldn't have to say this): pull the battery.

Included in the package is the base ROM and kernel. GAPPS must be flashed separately. Link below. You may also use nemesis2all's kernel here : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1119169

When flashed the first time, your filesystems will be converted to MTD (yaffs2/ext4). Do not try to flash any other ROMs via cwm at that point, and do not try to get into recovery via the 3 button method. Use adb reboot recovery or the reboot recovery option from the power menu. To revert, and switch to another ROM, flash a full Odin/Heimdall package.

Since your filesystems are being fully converted, there is no need for Voodoo or any other lagfix. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANY KIND OF LAGFIX ON THIS ROM!!! Voodoo sound capability is however included in the kernel.

To install, boot into cwm recovery, wipe data, and flash the ROM. It will reboot and then do the actual install. If you are on a previous version, you can simply flash it over your current install. If you have problems, try wiping data first. The ROM will work whether you are on rfs or ext4.

*** Update 06/09 ***
fixed in-call audio
fixed bluetooth in-call audio

*** Update 06/20 ***
fixed GPS
re-enabled backlight notifications (you DO NOT need BLN control app)
disabled (broken) auto-brightness
other misc changes, see my github

*** Update 6/24 ***
fixed BT that was accidentally broken in previous build
updated to latest CM code
added standalone kernel zips to address sensor issues ** stand-alone zips removed

*** Update 6/26 ***
fixed sensor issues - now all sensors can be activated simultaneously

*** Update 07/05 ***
added standalone zip to fix LED flash and deep sleep wake-up issues
simply flash the attached zip over the current ROM
full ROMs will be posted once I have time to clean up and redo my source repos

*** Update 07/21 ***
fixed MMS
these builds are up-to-date with fascinate now

This is a WiP, and meant as more of a preview than anything else. If you enjoy it, click the Thanks or Donate buttons. Either one is fine by me. Enjoy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?18gzh11s4enkx4h - Mesmerize ROM

http://www.mediafire.com/?08b7o4svmddr0rv - Showcase ROM

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip - GAPPS

Last edited:

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Sweet! Thank you so much jt. If I had a computer I would press the button.

Sent from my CM7 SCH-i500

BakedTator

Jan 8, 2011
works like a charm!!!! runs nice and smooth...thank you for your god-like skillz!!!!!

userno69

Dec 6, 2010
Fast question. My phone has one of jt's older voodoo touchwiz kernels and I have cwm recovery 2.5.x red. The ROM is just a stock USCC froyo which is rooted.

Can I just flash this in cwm 2.5 or do I need to first odin cwm 3.0 and then flash? Do I have to disable the voodoo lagfix or change the kernel before I flash? Sorry I'm not as much of an expert as most people around here but I'm trying!

EDIT:
Oh and when using softlocker, won't that seriously decrease battery life?

kallell

Apr 11, 2009
Fast question. My phone has one of jt's older voodoo touchwiz kernels and I have cwm recovery 2.5.x red. The ROM is just a stock USCC froyo which is rooted.

Can I just flash this in cwm 2.5 or do I need to first odin cwm 3.0 and then flash? Do I have to disable the voodoo lagfix or change the kernel before I flash? Sorry I'm not as much of an expert as most people around here but I'm trying!

EDIT:
Oh and when using softlocker, won't that seriously decrease battery life?

Well, im sure it will decrease it a bit, but what's your option really :p?

userno69

Dec 6, 2010
All right, what about the other stuff? Can I flash this in CWM 2.5 and it will just install CWM 3.0 for me along with the ROM? Do I need to touch my kernel, or at the very least disable the lagfix before flashing? Does this rom overwrite any previous kernel you have?

puk3n

Mar 14, 2011
maine
Always disable lag fix,unless you want fc hell. .im not certain about this bit of software. But yeah most Roms come with the kernel best suited..at least from the devs standards. Rule of thumb if a program is active then it eats battery. Back up yo stuff cuz its gonna wipe you data

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Last edited:

godofwar762

May 2, 2011
jt just wanted to say thx for getting gingerbread on the mesmerize/fascinate/showcase.. without all of ur hard work we prolly wouldnt see it for a while.... gratz on victory

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
Always disable lag fix,unless you want fc hell. .im not certain about this bit of software. But yeah most Roms come with the kernel best suited..at least from the devs standards. Rule of thumb if a program is active then it eats battery. Back up yo stuff cuz its gonna wipe you data

Kernel is included. Lagfix does not matter - the rom flash will override everything anyway. Do not try to enable lagfix in anyway on cm7. Not needed and won't work.

userno69

Dec 6, 2010
Kernel is included. Lagfix does not matter - the rom flash will override everything anyway. Do not try to enable lagfix in anyway on cm7. Not needed and won't work.

Ok but I thought I read somewhere that when you have CWM 3.0 that it has a bug that automatically enables the lagfix. Is that true? How would you prevent this?

kallell

Apr 11, 2009
curious, what kind of quadrant / linpack scores are you guys getting? I'm tempted to flash but i'd really like the deep sleep / mms to get fixed before I jump on.

slayer214

Mar 16, 2010
Mississippi
Ok I am getting install errors in clockwork. Everytime I try to install, it says error installation aborted, something about "status 7." I have never had this problem before. I saw were you need to delete the 4 lines in the update script, but what exactly do I need to delete? Or what do I need to do to be able to install?

I am currently running jt's 5/18 build port if that helps.

Thanks.

wizayne

Dec 23, 2010
Ok but I thought I read somewhere that when you have CWM 3.0 that it has a bug that automatically enables the lagfix. Is that true? How would you prevent this?

on your sdcard there is a voodoo folder..inside that you need to place a file called disable_lagfix kiev and that will prevent spontaneous conversions..if I got the file name wrong someone e please correct me

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

vluhd

Nov 24, 2010
When I attempt to install this from cwm 3.2 I get the following error:

Code:
assert failed getprop("ro.product.device") == "aries" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "aries" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "aries" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "mesmerize" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mesmerize" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "mesmerize" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "mesmerizemtd" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mesmerizemtd" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "mesmerizemtd" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-I500" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SCH-I500" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "SCH-I500"

Upon the recommendation of lmartin92 I removed this text from the updater-script file, which results in me getting a (Status 4) failure instead.

EDIT: I forgot to say it before, thanks so much for the work you've put in jt. I really appreciate it, and I can't wait for it to be fully ready :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a test build/preview of the 2.6.35 MTD CM7 port for the Mesmerize and Showcase. It is built off the work of TeamHacksung, and is very different from earlier CM7 builds. At this point it is very functional, but still in very much of an ALPHA state.

Working:
    Calls!!
    SMS
    3G data
    GPS!!
    Bluetooth!!
    WiFi
    Camera/Camcorder
    USB mass storage / sdcard
    Sensors!!
    MMS

Not Working:
    bugs :p

Known Issues:
    * occassionally the radio may completely die (usually after phone has been powered off for a while) - fix: (shouldn't have to say this): pull the battery.

Included in the package is the base ROM and kernel. GAPPS must be flashed separately. Link below. You may also use nemesis2all's kernel here : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1119169

When flashed the first time, your filesystems will be converted to MTD (yaffs2/ext4). Do not try to flash any other ROMs via cwm at that point, and do not try to get into recovery via the 3 button method. Use adb reboot recovery or the reboot recovery option from the power menu. To revert, and switch to another ROM, flash a full Odin/Heimdall package.

Since your filesystems are being fully converted, there is no need for Voodoo or any other lagfix. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANY KIND OF LAGFIX ON THIS ROM!!! Voodoo sound capability is however included in the kernel.

To install, boot into cwm recovery, wipe data, and flash the ROM. It will reboot and then do the actual install. If you are on a previous version, you can simply flash it over your current install. If you have problems, try wiping data first. The ROM will work whether you are on rfs or ext4.

*** Update 06/09 ***
    fixed in-call audio
    fixed bluetooth in-call audio

*** Update 06/20 ***
    fixed GPS
    re-enabled backlight notifications (you DO NOT need BLN control app)
    disabled (broken) auto-brightness
    other misc changes, see my github

*** Update 6/24 ***
    fixed BT that was accidentally broken in previous build
    added standalone kernel zips to address sensor issues ** stand-alone zips removed

*** Update 6/26 ***
    fixed sensor issues - now all sensors can be activated simultaneously

*** Update 07/05 ***
    added standalone zip to fix LED flash and deep sleep wake-up issues
    simply flash the attached zip over the current ROM
    full ROMs will be posted once I have time to clean up and redo my source repos

*** Update 07/21 ***
    fixed MMS
    these builds are up-to-date with fascinate now

This is a WiP, and meant as more of a preview than anything else. If you enjoy it, click the Thanks or Donate buttons. Either one is fine by me. Enjoy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?18gzh11s4enkx4h - Mesmerize ROM

http://www.mediafire.com/?08b7o4svmddr0rv - Showcase ROM

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip - GAPPS
    There's nothing carrier specific in the kernel. Use whichever you want, they're all the same as far as that goes.

I have a much newer build for mesmerize available , will post a link shortly

JT, I know ETA's are frowned upon but I was wondering if you'd be able to update the Mes rom? Or are you relying on our devs to update from Github?

I have to reclean my tree, been focused on getting things merged with mainline cm. Will probably have some new builds up later this week.

For those having issues getting CM7 flashed (you're getting an error code from CWM and installation is aborting) Follow the below!

Download this .zip here -> http://olvisfoundation.com/xdadump/bdemartino/ROMS/updater-script.zip

Open the ROM .zip that you downloaded from JT here in the OP - navigate to
    /META-INf/com/google/android/
    Delete the existing "updater-script" file
    Drag the one out of the .zip you just downloaded and place in the ROM .zip. (I don't even extract the files, just use 7zip and you can browse the .zip without extracting.

After that, it should flash fine. Let me know.