Canberra
doptrix.com
Reactions: fbayat

dop2010

Feb 18, 2010
Canberra
doptrix.com
@dop
Did you try superoneclick to root it? What do you think if the device is known in win7 without any special driver??!!

No, I didn't try superoneclick.
I don't know, maybe there is a compatible driver already installed in your system?
My device was also visible in Win 7 as two removable storage drives. But it was not visible in ADB in "Development" mode.

Reactions: fbayat

fbayat

Feb 18, 2012
hi every body
is it possible rooting in the linux Operating system for example in Ubuntu?May be detect Driver!

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
I have tried connecting to ABD under windows using several drivers, under linux no luck either. The reason why gingerbreak fails, is because there is no "blank" partition mounted to /scard/, that is the built in "external" memory, which is pretty stupid.
I even manually tried running zergrush with the patched su binary, even this failed. The only hope would be to root the current update image.

I unfortunately do not have one of these devices at my disposal anymore, since using it for development is useless. A small andoid-x86 pc is giving me more luck. Should I get my hands on one again, I will look again since I also need this, but as it is, I am a little behind schedule.

desire888

May 29, 2010
Managed to get some adb drivers working in windows 7 (64bit) Just modified the inf that comes with the official android sdk and added this under [Google.NTx86]. I just noticed I forgot to copy the same lines under [Google.NTamd64] and it still worked.

;
;WindPad Enjoy 7
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1462&PID_10B9&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1462&PID_10B9&REV_0222&MI_01

It installed. In device manager it comes under SAMSUNG Android Phone. Maybe because I had Samsung Kies already installed on this pc. It lists as Android Composite ADB Interface.

Once installed I opened command prompt
and typed

echo 0x1462 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini"

Then typed

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb devices

It then displays under list of devices attached
WindPad Enjoy 7 Device.

Thats as far as Ive got so far.....

desire888

May 29, 2010
and we now have temp root....well kinda....

most important bit seems to be typing in echo 0x1462 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini" after installing the drivers. on the home pc, the device was listed under android phone.

I used superoneclick 2.3.3 which managed to achieve a shell root. normal root could not do chmod.

So temp root was achieved.

then open command prompt and head to your adb folder and typed the following commands...

1. adb remount
2. adb shell mkdir /system/xbin (told me it already exists, assuming this is normal)
3. copy Superuser.apk from superoneclick into your platform-tools directory
4. adb push Superuser.apk /data/app/
5. adb shell chmod 0644 /data/app/Superuser.apk
(if this works then you're set. this was where superoneclick kept failing on normal root)
6. adb shell mount -t tmpfs none /system/xbin (this creates a ramdisk out of /system/xbin for the su and busybox binaries since they can't be pushed to the physical /system/xbin due to locked bootloader)
7. copy busybox files from superoneclick to platform-tools
8. adb push busybox /system/xbin
9. adb shell chmod 4755 /system/xbin/busybox
10, copy su-v1 from superoneclick to platform-tools and rename to su
11. adb push su /system/xbin/su
12. adb shell chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
13. adb shell /system/xbin/busybox --install -s /system/xbin

After all this su is present in the android app tray. i tried root explorer and it showed the r/w button. however pressing it did nothing. i reran superoneclick but normal root....and it said device was already rooted and do I want to reroot...and i did. the su command went though to the phone.

However rebooting lost root.....

Honestly i have no idea what im really doing. just throwing a few ideas together from reading here and there...

rjalbuna

Oct 4, 2010
The MAN!!!

you're the man!

however, can you assist low techQ (techno quotient) guys like me to understand it? haha... im such a loser...haha

honestly Im really lost!!! haha..
but nice job!! keep it up!!! im really dying to root this device!!!

aedwards3

Jul 3, 2009
Root Possible

Hey guys. This tablet is actually a rock pad rk29xx clone. If you search how to root this type of device it is possible. The reason that all the one click root apps don't work is because this device uses cramfs which is read only. I have successfully modified my rom and removed most of the bloatware included in the stock rom. I've also added su and super user to /system however I'm not able to test this as I'm out right now. I will post a how to when I get home.

fbayat

Feb 18, 2012
Acclamation for this job!:p
how can connecting to pc and send command to tablet?please describing a safe method to connect! thanks:rolleyes:

Reactions: aedwards3

aedwards3

Jul 3, 2009
Successful Root

I have successfully rooted my MSI Windpad Enjoy 10. I will write up a HOWTO for all you Windpad 7" users soon, however all the Enjoy 10 users can benefit from my rooted firmware. Note: all 3rd party apps (except for google apps) are removed except the keyboard (as I found this to be easier to use than the stock android keyboard). English languages only.

Update.img file here:

First Part:
skydrive.live.com/?cid=8e9970a4a7b5568e&id=8E9970A4A7B5568E%21193

Second Part:
skydrive.live.com/?cid=8e9970a4a7b5568e&id=8E9970A4A7B5568E%21194

You will need 7zip to extract this file. Simply copy the update.img to your msi windpad and when you disconnect your device from your computer it will start the firmware update.

NO SPECIAL DRIVER NEEDED.

goldiecalypso

Jan 30, 2012
Hey guys. This tablet is actually a rock pad rk29xx clone. If you search how to root this type of device it is possible. The reason that all the one click root apps don't work is because this device uses cramfs which is read only. I have successfully modified my rom and removed most of the bloatware included in the stock rom. I've also added su and super user to /system however I'm not able to test this as I'm out right now. I will post a how to when I get home.

waiting for your job

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I have successfully rooted my MSI Windpad Enjoy 10. I will write up a HOWTO for all you Windpad 7" users soon, however all the Enjoy 10 users can benefit from my rooted firmware. Note: all 3rd party apps (except for google apps) are removed except the keyboard (as I found this to be easier to use than the stock android keyboard). English languages only.

Update.img file here:

First Part:

Second Part:

You will need 7zip to extract this file. Simply copy the update.img to your msi windpad and when you disconnect your device from your computer it will start the firmware update.

Thanks, it's for the 10"? have you removed skype, adaptxt and other unusable apps that eat the ram?!

Reactions: aedwards3

rjalbuna

Oct 4, 2010
can i use this this with my windpad 7????

Update.img file here:

First Part:

Second Part:

can i use this with my windpad 7?

black_zerg

Dec 22, 2010
It works!

Just updated my 10' using aedwards3's update.img. Thank you very much aedwards3 , you are the legend, probably the first one rooted winpad enjoy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Successful Root

Update.img file here:

First Part:

Second Part:

ROM Uploaded for both MSI Windpad Enjoy 7 and 10

Hey guys check out my new thread. It has a ROOTed stock ROM with bloatware removed for both the 7" and 10"

showthread.php?t=1540616
    The MAN!!!

you're the man!

however, can you assist low techQ (techno quotient) guys like me to understand it? haha... im such a loser...haha

honestly Im really lost!!! haha..
    but nice job!! keep it up!!! im really dying to root this device!!!
    Managed to get some adb drivers working in windows 7 (64bit) Just modified the inf that comes with the official android sdk and added this under [Google.NTx86]. I just noticed I forgot to copy the same lines under [Google.NTamd64] and it still worked.

;
    ;WindPad Enjoy 7
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1462&PID_10B9&MI_01
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1462&PID_10B9&REV_0222&MI_01

It installed. In device manager it comes under SAMSUNG Android Phone. Maybe because I had Samsung Kies already installed on this pc. It lists as Android Composite ADB Interface.

Once installed I opened command prompt
    and typed

echo 0x1462 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini"

Then typed

adb kill-server
    adb start-server
    adb devices

It then displays under list of devices attached
    WindPad Enjoy 7 Device.

Thats as far as Ive got so far.....
    Root Possible