Battery Consuming Culprits

Search This thread

waqar89

Feb 14, 2013
Karachi
Hello guys, you might be thinking that this guy must be talking about battery saving apps.. Well the answer is no. I am here to show you how to save battery by yourself and and not with the help of any kind of battery saver app. However these may be a part of this procedure. So let's start

Prerequisites:
-Rooted phone
-Greenify installed
-Cool tool
-GSam/Better battery stats
-Brain :silly:

First of all think about those culprits that consume your phone's battery. You can do this by installing cool tool you can download from Google play.
Now if u have "cool tool" installed, do some changes in its preferences and enable it. You should see something like in the screenshot below.

ypuhajug.jpg

Once the above status is shown, you can see that how much processor is being used. Now look at the screen shot below, my phone has currently no animation and I am on my home screen and you can see that my processor being used is only 7%, it fluctuates from 2 to 8% in idle state. (I have almost more than 100 apps installed) and my battery last for 1.5 to 2 days with an average usage, moreover it doesn't drain during night. Same percentage in the morning as was @ night.

mupatusa.jpg

Now if your phone shows very high cpu usage while in idle state then Greenify all those apps that eats your battery. Now find the Culprit. This can be done with the help of either gsam battery monitor or better battery stats. Either be fine. So I will recommend GSam. Now look at the screen shots below:

esupybyg.jpg

With the help of above options given in the GSam you can find the culprits. Ignore those apps that you use frequently. As in my case I cannot see any such app as these are already in jail (greenified.) See below screen shot

qazu3u7a.jpg

I can show you my geeenified apps see below.. Fack!! so many o_O

y3apezar.jpg

amegere2.jpg

2asyqyju.jpg

And lastly you should create a shortcut of greenify for fast quick and regular access.

Another tip: some apps runs in startup so u can atleast move those apps which are installed in your phone. By moving these apps you will get more free space as well as these software will loose their startup capability. (must be careful)

THe comparison should be likewise so dont ever compare your battery with others because it drains as you use it. So always take notice of battery consumption during night when it is idle!! :)
Hope you'll like it.
Press thanks if I helped you.
Goodluck

EDIT: Links added

Last edited:

cavaniii

Mar 10, 2013
Dublin
www.hscorp.eu
xp

xperia p truly has the WORST battery life that I have ever experienced, anyways thanks for your recommendations and would you suggest removing system apps? or using a custom rom? <-- I am well aware of that sh*t but in your opinion would it help? I am extremely dependent on batterylife but im getting no where with xperia p

I am an HEAVY user and I have to charge it twice a day :( on the other hand I have Xperia Tipo which can EASILY last me 4-5days on a single charge and this is with moderate-heavy usage (I can fit in 5-6, 2hr movies also no problems)

I tried battery saving apps they all dont work (xD), I have used greenify but then uninstalled it (I will give it another go :) )

[EDIT] my screen is always <60% in power management -> battery :S is this normal? because I have it set to LOWEST brightness and 15 second timeout

Last edited:

Deichz

Aug 20, 2013
xperia p truly has the WORST battery life that I have ever experienced, anyways thanks for your recommendations and would you suggest removing system apps? or using a custom rom? <-- I am well aware of that sh*t but in your opinion would it help? I am extremely dependent on batterylife but im getting no where with xperia p

I am an HEAVY user and I have to charge it twice a day :( on the other hand I have Xperia Tipo which can EASILY last me 4-5days on a single charge and this is with moderate-heavy usage (I can fit in 5-6, 2hr movies also no problems)

I tried battery saving apps they all dont work (xD), I have used greenify but then uninstalled it (I will give it another go :) )

[EDIT] my screen is always <60% in power management -> battery :S is this normal? because I have it set to LOWEST brightness and 15 second timeout

my xsola only lasts 3/4 hours if the screen is on

waqar89

Feb 14, 2013
Karachi

Agree @cavaniii Xperia P has the worst battery life but the good thing is that it is managable. Actually Xperia P has some really awesome hardware features such as HDMI output, Brightest screen (white magic), OTG support etc. but unfortunately the battery is not that powerful. Still I love Xperia P.

Answer to your Q1: Installing Custom ROMs may not significantly affect your battery life, it is the KERNEL that can actually affect your battery life. However Custom ROMs such as the one I have currently installed is light weight, smooth and Some battery optimization option in it. Infact i've noticed some improved life. Oh yes if you remove system apps then probably you may end up with FC errors in some other system apps, (happened with me once). I would recomend to try some custom ROMs, always choose light weight ROMs. Try this http://xdaforums.com/xperia-u/p-development/lt22i-lt22ixperia-z16-2-1-100-t2641646

Answer to your Q2: Your screen takes an averag of 60%, seems ok to me. Except in some scenarios such as where you are not a high-end gamer. Because the percentage of screen is the breakup of your whole battery which is 100%. so if most of the battery is consumed by any game then obviously your screen should be assigned a part of residual percentage, it should be less than 60%. well dont worry about it. The screen takes the most of the battery, try to keep it low as possible.

check if the battery drains during night. (WIFI should be off). IF yes then you have to find those battery suckers and greenify them. IF NO then your phone is old. ( I assume that you sleep during the night :p )

Last edited:
Reactions: cavaniii

cavaniii

Mar 10, 2013
Dublin
www.hscorp.eu
Agree @cavaniii Xperia P has the worst battery life but the good thing is that it is managable. Actually Xperia P has some really awesome hardware features such as HDMI output, Brightest screen (white magic), OTG support etc. but unfortunately the battery is not that powerful. Still I love Xperia P.

Answer to your Q1: Installing Custom ROMs may not significantly affect your battery life, it is the KERNEL that can actually affect your battery life. However Custom ROMs such as the one I have currently installed is light weight, smooth and Some battery optimization option in it. Infact i've noticed some improved life. Oh yes if you remove system apps then probably you may end up with FC errors in some other system apps, (happened with me once). I would recomend to try some custom ROMs, always choose light weight ROMs. Try this http://xdaforums.com/xperia-u/p-development/lt22i-lt22ixperia-z16-2-1-100-t2641646

Answer to your Q2: Your screen takes an averag of 60%, seems ok to me. Except in some scenarios such as where you are not a high-end gamer. Because the percentage of screen is the breakup of your whole battery which is 100%. so if most of the battery is consumed by any game then obviously your screen should be assigned a part of residual percentage, it should be less than 60%. well dont worry about it. The screen takes the most of the battery, try to keep it low as possible.

agreed 100% I love Xperia P and I'm taking full advantage of it such as using the HDMI, OTG (flash drive, ps3 controller, mouse and keyboard)

unfortunately I can't flash a custom kernel because bootloader is locked but to be quite honest I'm happy running a clean fresh ics .75 rooted not that much bloatware (greenified them all now)

over night 0 or 1% falls but now that I think about it I'm always playing high-end games (real racing 3, modern combat 4, gta san andreas, nfs mw) I can't expect much battery then

anyways thanks for the quick reply & you just earned a 'thanks'

cavaniii

Mar 10, 2013
Dublin
www.hscorp.eu
Sorry to bother you again but a quick question; if you were to play a fairly heavy game how long would your phone go for? (I'm talking continuous from full charge to almost dead 1or2 percentage) I lasted 3.5 to 4hr <-- eye killer of test xD

And what's your screen-on timing on average (I could make my device run for 1week or 2 but it depends if I'm using it or not obviously)

My phone drains battery when I'm browsing and playing games, when it's idle or I'm just looking at images or whatever it barely goes down

Sent from my wonderful Xperia P (LT22i) using xda app-developers app

waqar89

Feb 14, 2013
Karachi
Sorry to bother you again but a quick question; if you were to play a fairly heavy game how long would your phone go for? (I'm talking continuous from full charge to almost dead 1or2 percentage) I lasted 3.5 to 4hr <-- eye killer of test xD

And what's your screen-on timing on average (I could make my device run for 1week or 2 but it depends if I'm using it or not obviously)

My phone drains battery when I'm browsing and playing games, when it's idle or I'm just looking at images or whatever it barely goes down

You have a good battery backup MAN!
And please don't compare your battery backup with others. If you really want to campare then compare with your own results.
Ok for your info, If i play games continuosly then my phone would lasted 3 to 4 hours, but again it depends which game you play.
And same is the case with me, my phone drains batery when i am browsing and playing games when it's idle or I'm just looking at images or whatever it barely goes down.

Last edited:

bebiblu

Aug 25, 2013
my xperia p only lasts ~4 hours doing medium load of calls, chats, and browsing.
weird indicator too, sometimes reboot with 50% battery shown.
with luck, after some reboots battery becomes normal...
any idea?

waqar89

Feb 14, 2013
Karachi
my xperia p only lasts ~4 hours doing medium load of calls, chats, and browsing.
weird indicator too, sometimes reboot with 50% battery shown.
with luck, after some reboots battery becomes normal...
any idea?

which ROM and kernel do you use?
Possibly some thirdparty apps may cause reboot.
The increased percentage of battery after reboot is not actual %, you might have noticed that the increased percentage drains faster.
The changed percentage after reboot is possibly due to some changes in the battery stats calculation (during approximation of remaining battery). It happens with me also. But as I said in the first post that my battery remains same overnight, but in this case when battery goes up after restart then my battery drains overnight to its actual level. So don't worry about it.

Last edited:

bebiblu

Aug 25, 2013
which ROM and kernel do you use?
Possibly some thirdparty apps may cause reboot.
The increased percentage of battery after reboot is not actual %, you might have noticed that the increased percentage drains faster.
The changed percentage after reboot is possibly due to some changes in the battery stats calculation (during approximation of remaining battery). It happens with me also. But as I said in the first post that my battery remains same overnight, but in this case when battery goes up after restart then my battery drains overnight to its actual level. So don't worry about it.

stock .100 kernel and rom
used greenify and battery doctor to make sure it's not apps related
reboot under intensive gpu use, such as games and youtubes
but random, at other times i can game all the way to 1%
full charge and thru 6 hours sleep, i'll be left with 50-60% battery

cavaniii

Mar 10, 2013
Dublin
www.hscorp.eu

It's totally normal but I personally would recommend using ICS .75 because for me it saves alot of juice! And as for battery doctor it's a piece of crap especially the task killer I have used it but it didn't make a difference

This is what I would do in your situation

1) downgrade to ICS

2) root it

3) use a Battery Calibration app from play store

4) download greenify

5) try not to bloat your system

Your not the only one with battery problems in XP and its normal and expected...for example I also have an;

Xperia X8 which you know is a crap device (3.2" display, 168mb ram, 600mhz, adreno 200) BATTERY 1200 mAh

Xperia P (4" display, 1gb ram, 1ghz dual core, Mali 400) BATTERY 1305 mAh

Which shows us Sony's stupidity, I'm gonna now stop worrying about battery and just use the phone as is when needed charge etc

Thanks for this!

Reactions: waqar89

waqar89

Feb 14, 2013
Karachi
Which shows us Sony's stupidity, I'm gonna now stop worrying about battery and just use the phone as is when needed charge etc

Thanks for this!

Haha. Well said, stop worrying about battery and use as is when needed charge

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, you might be thinking that this guy must be talking about battery saving apps.. Well the answer is no. I am here to show you how to save battery by yourself and and not with the help of any kind of battery saver app. However these may be a part of this procedure. So let's start

Prerequisites:
    -Rooted phone
    -Greenify installed
    -Cool tool
    -GSam/Better battery stats
    -Brain :silly:

First of all think about those culprits that consume your phone's battery. You can do this by installing cool tool you can download from Google play.
    Now if u have "cool tool" installed, do some changes in its preferences and enable it. You should see something like in the screenshot below.

ypuhajug.jpg

Once the above status is shown, you can see that how much processor is being used. Now look at the screen shot below, my phone has currently no animation and I am on my home screen and you can see that my processor being used is only 7%, it fluctuates from 2 to 8% in idle state. (I have almost more than 100 apps installed) and my battery last for 1.5 to 2 days with an average usage, moreover it doesn't drain during night. Same percentage in the morning as was @ night.

mupatusa.jpg

Now if your phone shows very high cpu usage while in idle state then Greenify all those apps that eats your battery. Now find the Culprit. This can be done with the help of either gsam battery monitor or better battery stats. Either be fine. So I will recommend GSam. Now look at the screen shots below:

esupybyg.jpg

With the help of above options given in the GSam you can find the culprits. Ignore those apps that you use frequently. As in my case I cannot see any such app as these are already in jail (greenified.) See below screen shot

qazu3u7a.jpg

I can show you my geeenified apps see below.. Fack!! so many o_O

y3apezar.jpg

amegere2.jpg

2asyqyju.jpg

And lastly you should create a shortcut of greenify for fast quick and regular access.

Another tip: some apps runs in startup so u can atleast move those apps which are installed in your phone. By moving these apps you will get more free space as well as these software will loose their startup capability. (must be careful)

THe comparison should be likewise so dont ever compare your battery with others because it drains as you use it. So always take notice of battery consumption during night when it is idle!! :)
    Hope you'll like it.
    Press thanks if I helped you.
    Goodluck

EDIT: Links added
    this is amazing, keep it up :)

check if the battery drains during night. (WIFI should be off). IF yes then you have to find those battery suckers and greenify them. IF NO then your phone is old. ( I assume that you sleep during the night :p )

It's totally normal but I personally would recommend using ICS .75 because for me it saves alot of juice! And as for battery doctor it's a piece of crap especially the task killer I have used it but it didn't make a difference

This is what I would do in your situation

1) downgrade to ICS

2) root it

3) use a Battery Calibration app from play store

4) download greenify

5) try not to bloat your system

Your not the only one with battery problems in XP and its normal and expected...for example I also have an;

Xperia X8 which you know is a crap device (3.2" display, 168mb ram, 600mhz, adreno 200) BATTERY 1200 mAh

Xperia P (4" display, 1gb ram, 1ghz dual core, Mali 400) BATTERY 1305 mAh

Thanks for this!