Xperia Z2 Delayed Launch UK

Search This thread

niebyl2002

Jul 18, 2008
Yeah, Sony site doesn't work for me too but there's another issue

Sony website says:

The pre-order offer is only valid on Xperia™ Z2 handsets bought between 10th March 2014 and 4th April 2014 ("Promotion Period") and while stocks last.

However Three UK website states:

Also, if you pre order the Xperia Z2 directly from Three, you will receive a Sony Portable Speaker (RRP £119) with Bluetooth® & NFC - so you can enjoy your music at home or on the move.

Three UK is not mentioning that fact at all. It just states that if you pre-order it at any time you will get speaker. I ordered my Z2 on April 12th :). If Three will pull a fast one on me I will be seriously mad.

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
They probably haven't updated it since the delay I guess...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
@waynekirby Cheers for the update about the sony site now working mate, filled in details & will wait the two weeks out.

Did try the noise cancelling headphones out today & they sound pretty damn good, did find you have to tweak the sound settings to get them to sound the way you want though. Put the TV volume up & couldn't even hear it lol.

About the speaker offer I do remember one of the guys in the 3 shop saying that the speaker offer was until the 4th April which was when I ordered my z2 online.

waynekirby

Nov 11, 2010
Barnsley
Yeah it is until the 4th, but if you load the page up again and click the hyperlink at the bottom, the one that's 'here' within a disclaimer thing, it gives more information about the timing etc...

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

niebyl2002

Jul 18, 2008
@waynekirby

Thanks. Speaker claimed.

When I ordered my Z2 over the phone I asked rep three times about the speaker offer and he confirmed with his manager that I will be receiving it. I was a bit disappointed when I saw a sticker on the box.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Can't find any disclaimer on Three UK site. Anyway we'll see in 5 days time if it goes thru or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: waynekirby

insom

Oct 16, 2006
London
Man this phone is awesome.:thumbup: i am happy no problem at all.Bought from CPW.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

fatguy666

Jun 28, 2012
Glasgow
Guys, as much as I'm loving the phone, this thing is so big it's borderline phablet territory. The entire size of the HTC Desire I'd been stuck with is smaller than the screen on the z2!

So shiny tho, and to be able to listen to music and browse the internet again brings a tear of joy to my eye. I've passed my old Sony headphones (£30 out of Tesco, have a habit of losing them) to the wife as the ones included here are better. Can't say I've noticed any problems with the phone at all :victory:

Now we play the waiting game to get the phone rooted without losing the DRM keys...

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
New phone here! Had a quick check of the screen and its perfect. Front camera hole seems straighter than the last one also. Ive just flashed stock firmware, so no three nonsense for me now. :D
Also, the courier only wanted to phone, and delivered a whole new retail box. So, 2 chargers and 2 set of NC headphones for me haha. :D

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
@edge3uk Sweet mate, glad you got a replacement that didn't have any issues & hopefully they wont ask for the other charger & headphone back :)

Have noticed that the phone does get very warm especially when gaming. I'm thinking about flashing the UK unbranded firmware over the newer Taiwan firmware, according to the flashtool site you can do that. I noticed with the .69 TW firmware I lost the stock images & videos that came with the phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seriously guys, it's been emotional. No more waiting. Tomorrow shall be an epic day, first impressions all round! Good luck to the guys that are still waiting. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    Voicemail from the three store. Z2 just arrived in stock and I can pick it up tomorrow. It's gonna be a long day at work tomorrow.
    @edge3uk @fatguy666 @Publicglutton @BanziBaby @HOmERCIdAL

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk
    Yes its on the forum. The phones are in the warehouse now, shipping starts the 14th.

I'm a member there, dealt with the eforum team on many occasions and would trust what they say over what has been told over the phone via 191 any day of the week.

My personal approach is to expect it EITHER Tuesday OR Wednesday sue to the amount of units to ship.

Sent from my LG G2 802.

Sony Z2 pre ordered.........
    I just bumped into a guy outside my work carrying a three carrier bag, he's just been and picked up his new z2 from the three shop....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    did you upgrade with three or did you get new contract? if you upgraded what did they offer?

It was a new contract, vodafone contract will be cancelled in the last month of it, three are doing a Sony speaker that is wifi, bluetooth & NFC enabled & costs about £119 & it also comes with the premium in ear noise cancelling earphones. Pretty decent package but to be honest I would rather have the magnetic charging dock than the speaker lol.