"Security error"

Search This thread

speakerstick

Jan 9, 2013
Could someone help me with this issue?
I unlocked the bootloader of my p768 a while ago, and then I sent it to the carrier service, because it was having some signal problems.
I read that, once you unlock your bootloader, you can't lock it again, so, when I got it back, it was kind of restored and today I tried to flash Clockworkmod (.img file) and when I tried to reboot it, it said "Security Error", I followed this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470248
And when I connected the phone to the computer, and it says that the device already has the most recent version.
What do I do? Any suggestions?
Thanks

I unlocked the bootloader of my p768 a while ago, and then I sent it to the carrier service, because it was having some signal problems.
I read that, once you unlock your bootloader, you can't lock it again, so, when I got it back, it was kind of restored and today I tried to flash Clockworkmod (.img file) and when I tried to reboot it, it said "Security Error", I followed this guide:
And when I connected the phone to the computer, and it says that the device already has the most recent version.
Thanks

Hi @speakerstick
You need to update the recovery in the LG mobile support tool and then it should work.
Look in the top right screen and select "Support Tool Options Menu" and then select "Upgrade Recovery"

Reactions: speakerstick

speakerstick

Jan 9, 2013
Hi @speakerstick
You need to update the recovery in the LG mobile support tool and then it should work.
Look in the top right screen and select "Support Tool Options Menu" and then select "Upgrade Recovery"

I've tried, but when it says it's uploading it to the phone it suddenly disconnects and I have to do the same process again, but the same thing happens.
What do I do?
Thanks

no_un_bot

May 20, 2014
Guadalajara
I've tried, but when it says it's uploading it to the phone it suddenly disconnects and I have to do the same process again, but the same thing happens.
What do I do?
Thanks

Are you using the stock cable? If not, do so.
Have you made sure nothing else (NOTHING ELSE BUT THE NECESSARY) is connected to the other USB ports? Unplug stuff.
Do you have the drivers needed? Uninstall, redownload, reinstall.
Have you tried on another USB port?
Do you have any idea, based on the logs the program generates, about what might be wrong?

speakerstick

Jan 9, 2013
I've done it! I finally was able to do it. I uploaded it with the battery, I know the guide says you shouldn't but it worked, now... Does anyone know how to re-root the device? I unlocked the bootloader a while ago and then I sent it to service, but how do I "root" the phone again?
Thanks!

I've done it! I finally was able to do it. I uploaded it with the battery, I know the guide says you shouldn't but it worked, now... Does anyone know how to re-root the device? I unlocked the bootloader a while ago and then I sent it to service, but how do I "root" the phone again?
Thanks!

That's great.. Glad you got it working.
You can re-root it easily with "Cydia Impactor" You can get it from here - http://www.cydiaimpactor.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

Hi @speakerstick
    What do I do?
    Thanks

Are you using the stock cable? If not, do so.
    Have you made sure nothing else (NOTHING ELSE BUT THE NECESSARY) is connected to the other USB ports? Unplug stuff.
    Do you have the drivers needed? Uninstall, redownload, reinstall.
    Have you tried on another USB port?
    Do you have any idea, based on the logs the program generates, about what might be wrong?
    Thanks!

That's great.. Glad you got it working.
    You can re-root it easily with "Cydia Impactor" You can get it from here - http://www.cydiaimpactor.com