How do I get 4G back?

Search This thread

jkbane

Feb 11, 2011
www.Bane-Tech.com
LI need help I can't seem to get my phone working.

I installed the new gpe rom and it took away my 4G. I installed my backup and same deal. Couldn't get it back.

So I used the ruu file in adb and went back to stock rooted

This is where the scary part happens. I powered off and went into the bootloader screen to get back into Twrp and I got the red triangle. See pic.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

e5ebyqyt.jpg

Sent from my XT897S using Tapatalk

EDIT: I held volume up, down and power and it booted up. BUT I still cant get 4G...

Edit 2: I had to ruu then factory reset in the bootloader. Problem solved. 4G is active

Edit 3: did a factory reset in the bootloader and it worked BUT after I let the apps redownload, I installed twrp back and made a backup. Rebooted and now it's back to 3G. I'm at a loss of what to do now. Thought I was home free.

Edit 4: So for the heck of it I went into mobile data settings and flipped on gsm even though it's a cdma phone. Then chose lte/cdma and 4g comes up. Then chose global and 3g comes back. So repeated those steps but stopped at the lte/cdma step to try to maintain 4g. Rebooted phone and now nothing

Last edited:
Reactions: S1L3nTShaDoWz

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010

I installed the new gpe rom and it took away my 4G. I installed my backup and same deal. Couldn't get it back.

This is where the scary part happens. I powered off and went into the bootloader screen to get back into Twrp and I got the red triangle. See pic.

EDIT: I held volume up, down and power and it booted up. BUT I still cant get 4G...

Edit 2: I had to ruu then factory reset in the bootloader. Problem solved. 4G is active

Edit 3: did a factory reset in the bootloader and it worked BUT after I let the apps redownload, I installed twrp back and made a backup. Rebooted and now it's back to 3G. I'm at a loss of what to do now. Thought I was home free.

Edit 4: So for the heck of it I went into mobile data settings and flipped on gsm even though it's a cdma phone. Then chose lte/cdma and 4g comes up. Then chose global and 3g comes back. So repeated those steps but stopped at the lte/cdma step to try to maintain 4g. Rebooted phone and now nothing

The triangle is the stock recovery, I think.

After you did the RUU, the phone should have been back to factory stock.
Then you'd have to reroot/install recovery, flash rom again.

One possibility is that your local cell tower is malfunctioning. So, maybe it's not the phone itself.

jkbane

Feb 11, 2011
www.Bane-Tech.com
The triangle is the stock recovery, I think.

After you did the RUU, the phone should have been back to factory stock.
Then you'd have to reroot/install recovery, flash rom again.

One possibility is that your local cell tower is malfunctioning. So, maybe it's not the phone itself.

After the ruu I am still rooted. Recovery does have to be reinstalled. The edits I have made to the op has been my progress .

I'll call Verizon and double check the tower issue. But this only happened after flashing the GPE Rom

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
After the ruu I am still rooted. Recovery does have to be reinstalled. The edits I have made to the op has been my progress .

I'll call Verizon and double check the tower issue. But this only happened after flashing the GPE Rom

Step 2 was indeed your fix. The stock recovery does things when you factory reset that a custom recovery cannot. Most radio issues can be fixed by flashing stock recovery and doing a factory reset.

Now that you are stock and rooted you can use the free app flashify to flash the custom recovery of your choice. Quickboot (another free app) can be used to boot straight from the rom into recovery.

jkbane

Feb 11, 2011
www.Bane-Tech.com
I tried that but when I dialed the number nothing would happen when in Sense. AOSP roms world dial ok but didn't fix my problem.

Turns out it was my SIM card was bad.

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Typically, if you RUU and still have a data issue, 9 times out of 10 it will be related to the SIM card. The other 1 time it may be a hardware issue. SIM cards go bad. We have 7 lines and I have lost 3 SIM cards in 3 years. Easy fix, just take it into VZ and say "I have no data, it jutst stopped working". The first thing they will do is a reset then will simply replace the SIM and your on your way. Frustrating, yes. But usually is not ROM related if you flash the RUU and can't get data back.

Glad you got it taken care of.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

e5ebyqyt.jpg