[Q] AT&T's 6-11-14 FOTA crashed my rooted D800

Search This thread

Salguod

Apr 4, 2014
I need help to restore my phone to functioning. It only boots into TWRP.

Before the ATT FOTA, the phone was running stock OTA KitKat 4.4.2 with latest kernel. It was rooted with ioroot 2.5. I also installed TWRP 2.7.0 to evaluate custom ROMs. I had done a nandroid a month back, but I can't recover it in TWRP as it's not listed. TWRP indicates I may have lost root access and tries to reinstall SU to no avail. I did a wipe of everything but data, so there is no SU to run.

I've got my computer setup with ADB 1.0.32, but I'm not able to get the LG unified USB driver to work. This has halted me as I hoped to push a ROM onto the phone.

Please help!

osirus1977

Mar 4, 2011
Glenview
I have the same problem with my phone any help much appreciated. Except I have a backup nandroid and the process went thru but my phone only boots into twrp. I've tried factory reset and reinstalling my custom ROM and again my phone just reboots into twrp

Sent from my XT1028 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gahsan

Nov 12, 2012
I need help to restore my phone to functioning. It only boots into TWRP.

Before the ATT FOTA, the phone was running stock OTA KitKat 4.4.2 with latest kernel. It was rooted with ioroot 2.5. I also installed TWRP 2.7.0 to evaluate custom ROMs. I had done a nandroid a month back, but I can't recover it in TWRP as it's not listed. TWRP indicates I may have lost root access and tries to reinstall SU to no avail. I did a wipe of everything but data, so there is no SU to run.

I've got my computer setup with ADB 1.0.32, but I'm not able to get the LG unified USB driver to work. This has halted me as I hoped to push a ROM onto the phone.

Please help!

Try this.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696

Salguod

Apr 4, 2014
More help needed...

The above thread is how I got mine to boot again but it became unrooted so I flashed latest supersu 2.0 in recovery. I'm pretty sure everything is back to normal again.

I followed the thread and I used the TWRP command line to run:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

Below is the output:

Updating partition details…
Full SELinux support is present.
/ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
dd: writing ‘/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota’: No space left on device
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out
33554432 bytes (32.0MB) copied,
1.813425 seconds, 17.6MB/s

The phone is still stuck in a boot loop and loading TWRP. Any recommendations?

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
I followed the thread and I used the TWRP command line to run:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

Below is the output:

Updating partition details…
Full SELinux support is present.
/ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
dd: writing ‘/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota’: No space left on device
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out
33554432 bytes (32.0MB) copied,
1.813425 seconds, 17.6MB/s

The phone is still stuck in a boot loop and loading TWRP. Any recommendations?
Try restoring your nandroid now. If you wiped everything except data as you indicated in your OP, then you currently have no system installed.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk