CM11 Official ROM impressions

Search This thread

Sab3elbromba

Nov 29, 2007
New Cairo, EG
I don't see a thread here to discuss the CM 11 official nightlies, what people think of the ROM, so I created this.

So if you have used one of the July CM11 nightly builds please let us know:
-Any bugs on the ROM? Major, minor?
-How is the ROM stability?
-Responsiveness?
-Does the ROM auto update using cyanogenmod built in OTA updates?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: antrious

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I tried it for a short time, but couldn't really see the point when I could just keep using the GPe ROM with Xposed.

Sure, CM has other features that are great, but it doesn't seems as stable as the GPe ROM? Or maybe that was just my initial impression. There's very little info and documentation on CM for the Ultra, so we also have NO clue about potential bugs and so on, so that's annoying.

Sab3elbromba

Nov 29, 2007
New Cairo, EG
That's why I created this thread, no one has ever given any feedback on the cm11 ROM, specially the latest July releases which have now become true nightly releases which may mean that the build is now stable.

Reactions: LordManhattan

zs29a

Oct 11, 2012
Voicemail notification not working for me. Baseband used by CM is 45-39, I think that's the .681 version, maybe that's the issue. Depending on your point of view, could be considered a major bug.

Been using nightlies for ages, no issues other than voicemail.

Very nice, 32k AnTuTu score too.

Yup!

I am using my ZU mainly as book reader, music for car audio via Bluetooth, browsing, occasional gaming. Even nightlies were very stable for my usage.

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
That's why I created this thread, no one has ever given any feedback on the cm11 ROM, specially the latest July releases which have now become true nightly releases which may mean that the build is now stable.

You should put Gpe in the thread title if that is the ROM you are asking for info for. There are separate builds with different source I'm sure.

Reactions: maxld

Sab3elbromba

Nov 29, 2007
New Cairo, EG
I know theoretically there can be, I'm talking about reality, someone who has used the ROM and can report bugs.

I find it very strange that there isn't a discussion thread for either the Xperia ZU or the GPe CM11 ROM, how are people supposed to report bugs to the CM team?
Do they at least have a device specific change log ?

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
[/LIST]
I know theoretically there can be, I'm talking about reality, someone who has used the ROM and can report bugs.

I find it very strange that there isn't a discussion thread for either the Xperia ZU or the GPe CM11 ROM, how are people supposed to report bugs to the CM team?
Do they at least have a device specific change log ?

It can't be done as far as I can tell. I opened an account to report to their jira system which was closed as invalid due to it being a nightly build. Posted in CM forum for device and didn't get a response, posted to freexperia's G+ because one of their members was listed as CM maintainer and didn't a response.

andjohn

Apr 22, 2009
Edmonton
goo.gl
[/LIST]

It can't be done as far as I can tell. I opened an account to report to their jira system which was closed as invalid due to it being a nightly build. Posted in CM forum for device and didn't get a response, posted to freexperia's G+ because one of their members was listed as CM maintainer and didn't a response.

I'm loving it, honestly. I don't think that I have had many bugs at all. I'm running the 9th nightly for July, and it's beautiful. Bear in mind, I change my DPI to 400.

Reactions: Sab3elbromba

TimeTurn

Dec 5, 2010
Berlin
The last time I used CM nightlies it still had some issues. For example scrolling trough menus was still laggy and the SONY logo randomly appeared.

I have to test it again, because there was a monthly snapshot lately, maybe they fixed some issues.

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Voicemail notification not working for me. Baseband used by CM is 45-39, I think that's the .681 version, maybe that's the issue. Depending on your point of view, could be considered a major bug.

Been using nightlies for ages, no issues other than voicemail.

Very nice, 32k AnTuTu score too.

Yup!

I am using my ZU mainly as book reader, music for car audio via Bluetooth, browsing, occasional gaming. Even nightlies were very stable for my usage.
    I don't see a thread here to discuss the CM 11 official nightlies, what people think of the ROM, so I created this.

So if you have used one of the July CM11 nightly builds please let us know:
    -Responsiveness?

You should put Gpe in the thread title if that is the ROM you are asking for info for. There are separate builds with different source I'm sure.
    Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Yes there could be bugs in one and not the other - case in point the camera not working in the GPe ROMs of 4.4.4 but was in the togari