GPlay apps not all restoring

Search This thread

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
So I've posted this before on XDA & never got a conclusive answer..

Almost 90% of the time I perform a clean wipe and restore of ROM, Google play will only restore about 50% of my downloaded apps, and the rest I have to manually install by hand in: playstore/my apps/all.

For a guy that has over 200 apps... This is extremely time consuming, extremely annoying and unexplainable...

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
So I've posted this before on XDA & never got a conclusive answer..

Almost 90% of the time I perform a clean wipe and restore of ROM, Google play will only restore about 50% of my downloaded apps, and the rest I have to manually install by hand in: playstore/my apps/all.

For a guy that has over 200 apps... This is extremely time consuming, extremely annoying and unexplainable...

make a backup and save to your p.c. regards

D

Darth

Why not use titanium backup? Much quicker and probably more reliable. ?

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
Because we shouldn't need to use 3rd party apps to restore our play store apps.
These are workarounds.. Not solutions to the existing problem

D

Darth

Titanium backup is guaranteed the most widely used app for backing up on XDA, among other users.

If you don't want to use it, that's definitely your choice. But I can't imagine sitting there waiting for 200 apps to download and install, when you can make a few clicks and have them back in about a minute and a half.

Also, we shouldn't need to do a lot of things with our devices, but we do. Especially tweaking it for better performance and/or battery life, and using apps to do a wide variety of things our phones can't do out of the box... Or the 3rd party apps just do them better.

But to each their own. Good luck! ?

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

And I see why you may have trouble getting conclusive Answers here..... Perhaps a bit of appreciation for those that try to help would go a long way. ?

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
Titanium backup is guaranteed the most widely used app for backing up on XDA, among other users.

If you don't want to use it, that's definitely your choice. But I can't imagine sitting there waiting for 200 apps to download and install, when you can make a few clicks and have them back in about a minute and a half.

Also, we shouldn't need to do a lot of things with our devices, but we do. Especially tweaking it for better performance and/or battery life, and using apps to do a wide variety of things our phones can't do out of the box... Or the 3rd party apps just do them better.

But to each their own. Good luck! ?

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

And I see why you may have trouble getting conclusive Answers here..... Perhaps a bit of appreciation for those that try to help would go a long way. ?
Clearly you're not catching my drift buddy.
I've had several nexus devices, tried several ROMs, clean flashed many a time... I don't think there has ever been a time (maybe once) that GPlay correctly restored all my apps to my device, without having to restore many myself manually.

I didn't ask If there was a workaround, I got the same exact answers last time, instead of identifying and accepting the GPlay store issue.

Many people that are not rooted can't even use titanium backup to it's fullest ability.

Don't get me wrong I like titanium backup, EXCEPT for the fact that play store was trying to restore some of my apps at the same time as titanium backup, during phone startup. THIS would be a situation worth providing a workaround?

Play Store was designed and intended to BACKUP and RESTORE user apps. And it is NOT doing so. So there IS an issue here.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?
Is this a widespread problem?
Is there a solution to fix play store restore issues?

In the meantime I'll use titanium backup to avoid the frustration with the play store, but again, google should fix this issue, and if they're are not aware of it they won't be working on it.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
No one said there isn't an issue but its not going to be fixed by posting here. We can give you work arounds and nothing else.

Take it up with Google if you're not happy about it. This is NOT a Google forum so you shouldn't be so unappreciative when we give you workarounds because that's all we have. OK buddy?!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: _MetalHead_
D

Darth

No one said there isn't an issue but its not going to be fixed by posting here. We can give you work arounds and nothing else.

Take it up with Google if you're not happy about it. This is NOT a Google forum so you shouldn't be so unappreciative when we give you workarounds because that's all we have. OK buddy?!

Exactly this ^^

The reason no one here can say much, other than let Google know... They won't know by you posting here, is I bet there are very, very few that use that feature. Why wait however long for 200 apps to download and install, when titanium backup does it in a couple minutes.

I completely understand what you are saying, we all do.... It's just no one cares to look into it, cause it's extremely inefficient. Maybe Google has a good peek at your data too when you back it up to their servers. Lol

As far as Google restoring at the same time as TB, easy... Disable Google backup.

Anyway... Not much else to say here. It's an issue with Google obviously. And they don't come to xda to find issues. ?

Wakamatsu

Jan 3, 2011
Don't get me wrong I like titanium backup, EXCEPT for the fact that play store was trying to restore some of my apps at the same time as titanium backup, during phone startup. THIS would be a situation worth providing a workaround?

You seem to like making things tough for yourself. Let the Play Store reinstall the apps that it will then use the Restore Missing Apps function in TiBu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because we shouldn't need to use 3rd party apps to restore our play store apps.
    These are workarounds.. Not solutions to the existing problem

So you wind up reinstalling one by one. That's just being stubborn.