[Q] Reset binary counter for I9100G?

Search This thread

redhams

Nov 15, 2011
I've a GT-I9100G with 3e recovery. Tried the old bootloader from Intratech's thread. But Odin failed (see image). I got it working by flashing the stock bootloader.

So here I assume old bootloader isn't compatible with I9100G, right? I've searched but everyone is pointing to the same bootloader used for I9100. While none of the G's owners reported back their success (or failure).

Any other ideas on how downgrade to be able to reset counter with a jig?

phone details
PDA: I9100GJPKH8
PHONE: I9100GDZKH5
CSC: I9100GOJPKG7

Last edited:

cooza

Aug 9, 2011
Forked River, N.J.
An i9100 is not a i9100G and they have different firmwares so the bootloader is also different.You could try and reflash an older firmware until there is and older flashable bootloader.Although once the new bootloader is set i dont know if its changable.If you know what older firmware you need I could look for it.

Reactions: redhams

redhams

Nov 15, 2011
yea figured that pretty much. However the phone came loaded with the mentioned firmware. I tried to figure which firmware was compatible with it but no luck.

Any idea, resource or list one could look into? and how much old of firmware should one try to get the 2e recovery? I read somewhere that 3e was introduced on Android v2.2

Thanks cooza. I hope someone could point me to the right direction on this one.

cooza

Aug 9, 2011
Forked River, N.J.
yea figured that pretty much. However the phone came loaded with the mentioned firmware. I tried to figure which firmware was compatible with it but no luck.

Any idea, resource or list one could look into? and how much old of firmware should one try to get the 2e recovery? I read somewhere that 3e was introduced on Android v2.2

Thanks cooza. I hope someone could point me to the right direction on this one.
its quite possible that the G-series being released after the i9100 international came with the new bootloader pre-installed from the factory and that will be why its so hard to find a solution.I can only guess that in time with new firmwares someone will be able to find a way to make the old i9100 bootloader compatable with the newer series phones like the G,M and T galaxies and hopefully it will be Odin flashable to help other owners out.

rayw

Sep 24, 2008
London
Pls help

An i9100 is not a i9100G and they have different firmwares so the bootloader is also different.You could try and reflash an older firmware until there is and older flashable bootloader.Although once the new bootloader is set i dont know if its changable.If you know what older firmware you need I could look for it.

Hi Mate,

If you could help i will be greatful?

I am trying to get my jig to work and reste my binary but no luck.

What you would segest to use as old firmware to get the USB Jig work?

I am back to XWKE7 and nothing is happening? it does somehow work on the Si9000 which i beleive they are the same Jig?

Please help or direct as i've tried everything.

Cheers,

asraf8

Jan 23, 2008
sorry to bumping old thread..

i reset my counter with flash back with ODIN.
just flash PDA with stock DZKI1

no need pit and no need repartition..

after that just flash any rom and i can use USB Jig to reset the counter..

bibymon

Oct 16, 2011
Kottayam,Kerala
I've a GT-I9100G with 3e recovery. Tried the old bootloader from Intratech's thread. But Odin failed (see image). I got it working by flashing the stock bootloader.

So here I assume old bootloader isn't compatible with I9100G, right? I've searched but everyone is pointing to the same bootloader used for I9100. While none of the G's owners reported back their success (or failure).

Any other ideas on how downgrade to be able to reset counter with a jig?

phone details
PDA: I9100GJPKH8
PHONE: I9100GDZKH5
CSC: I9100GOJPKG7

Check whether 'triangle away' app by chainfire is compatible with i9100G
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Dec 27, 2008
Bengaluru
Thanks a lot buddy..

Here is a patch for the i9100g.
It is the bootloader from firmware DZKJ2.

View attachment 916637

Use ODIN and flash this file with checked bootloader option.
Then you can use JIG to reset the binary counter.

Thanks a lot buddy. this worked surprisingly well for me and Bingo! the binary counter is reset and yellow triangle is gone. BTW, i have a I9100G with SuperROM v3.1 running on it.

walauu

Apr 7, 2012

View attachment 916637

Hello. I am using CM9 right now. I found that I couldn't reset binary counter with my USBjig. Will this patch still works for me? Since I am using ICS right now with CM9. Hope to get answer and sorry for pumping question to this old thread. Thank you guys.

Oijkn

Mar 21, 2008
I read somewhere that flashing a gb bootloader on ics rom will brick the phone!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

Hi, yes i confirm to you if you flash an GB bootloader over an ICS bootloader that will brick your device, that happened two times for me...

Somebody can tell me if this patched bootloader works with an ICS bootloader, please ? Because i don't want to brick it again. Thanks.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100G avec Tapatalk

Kingspp

Apr 10, 2012
Mysore
Hi, yes i confirm to you if you flash an GB bootloader over an ICS bootloader that will brick your device, that happened two times for me...

Somebody can tell me if this patched bootloader works with an ICS bootloader, please ? Because i don't want to brick it again. Thanks.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100G avec Tapatalk

No...ics and gb bootloaders are different...you cant boot up windows on a mac bootloader....remember for any software it will have backward compatibility not forward...so gb bootloader cant run ics..

Kingspp

Apr 10, 2012
Mysore
If you guys really want to clear the binary counter.... Its simple...worked for me....

Flash the gb of your country using odin and then the bootloader patch and then jig procedure....thanks to street79 for his procedure

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

View attachment i9100g_jig-patch.tar

Hello. I am using CM9 right now. I found that I couldn't reset binary counter with my USBjig. Will this patch still works for me? Since I am using ICS right now with CM9. Hope to get answer and sorry for pumping question to this old thread. Thank you guys.

Definitely!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2