[Q] Third sensor next to front camera?

Search This thread

pec0ra

Jan 29, 2012
Zürich
Sony Xperia 5 II
It's the proximity sensor.

Edit : sorry, I misunderstood... my bad. You have the light and proximity sensor but I don't know what the 3rd one is.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Davalz

Sep 10, 2013
I think its (in order) camera, ambient light sensor (for autobrigness), proximity sensor 1, and proximity sensor 2 (like an Xperia Neo for example)

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
I checked my phone and it has 3 holes but it's hard to see because it's a black phone!

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Somewere in the General or Q&A are the whitepapers being shared of this phone. Perhaps you can take a look at them to determine what the purpose is of that sensor?

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Today I realised that the screen protector I just applied a few days ago has three holes for the sensors next to the front camera, instead of just two for the two sensors that are visible.
Does anybody know what the third one is about? I saw that it's also visible in the service manual as well as in this promo video: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-sp/specifications/#white

What phone do you have? C530?

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

steeserious

Nov 18, 2013

ZakooZ

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
Light sensor, Proximity Sensor, Proximity Switch

jezrEYq.png

Reactions: steeserious

steeserious

Nov 18, 2013
So it is, indeed, the light sensor.

Thanks!

I'm a bit confused about proximity sensor and switch. What's the difference between the two?
When I use the service menu to check (idiot me, could've done that to determine that the third one is the light sensor :D) the proximity switch, holding something in front of any of the two will change the status to ON.

Top Liked Posts