[Q] Bricked...Sorta....

Search This thread

Jonog

Aug 4, 2014
Hi there, long time reader, possibly posted before but I cant remember my account name so I suppose I am a newbie.

1) Unlocked boot loader fine
2) Installed TWRP fine
3) Rooted fine
4) Installed CM11 and Gaaps
5) Restored all my apps from Titanium

Yaaaay ready to rock or so I thought. Only to be faced with "mobile network not available" so my intention was to flash another CM11 or other CM if it was possible to get it actually working to make phone calls. In my attempts to do this I cleared everything, so no OS. I can get into the bootloader and recovery mode still but that
ADB thing refuses to work. So as of now my PC cannot see the device to copy the rom files onto it.

Am I right in thinking if I get a USB OTG and put a rom on it, I can flash it from there??
I would settle for any custom rom at this stage that functions and doesnt have bloatware.
Failing that, would it be allowed here to ask for an image of a working htc one mini m4 to be uploaded somewhere that I can work with?

I wont be able to do anything until i get the USB OTG. Ive tried everything with ADB.

Your help would be so much appreciated.

shivasrage

Jul 2, 2012
level country
HTC U12+
hi,..

So first I´m not quite sure if an otg will work but it´s really worth to try it...
But after a (maybee) sucsessful flashing of a ROM via OTG there is no way around to get adb and fastboot to work.
Next I have to say is you should post some information about your phone.
h-boot Version
OS version
CID-Number if you know.
Only with this information sombody here can help you to find the right ROM.zip for flash trough recovery.
(if the firmware and the ROM do not match you are running in to multiple issues)

greets

Jonog

Aug 4, 2014
Thank you

*** tampered ***
*** unlocked ***
M4_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.21.0000
RADIO-1.24.40e.00.26
OpenDSP-V19.2.0268.0927
OS--
eMMC-BOOT 1024MB

shivasrage

Jul 2, 2012
level country
HTC U12+
So,.....
It would be very interessting what firmware was on your device..
But as we can see the bootloader shows "OS- " so I suppose with h-boot 2.21.0000 it was 3.10.xxx.x.
I ran in same Problem a few weeks ago.
Recovery write: Can´t mount sd card and can´t mount data
I formated data in TWRP-recovery....(formated not only wipe...deletes everything on device).
As far as I remember after that adb returns to work and I sideloaded a new system.

I recommend you to flash first a stock or stock "near" system then and try to get s-off (to get rid of your problems)
But your first goal is to get a working OS on your device and get adb to work
A little help could be:

In fastboot mode :
"fastboot erase cache"
then reflash TWRP 2.7.1.1 with "fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img"
If this don´t work out the only way is USB-OTG cable.
greets

edit: honestly I think the CM11 thing is a story after getting device back to life...
an other question ....what do you get if you type in adb when device is in recovery mode: "adb devices"

If needed here you can find a working sense 5.5 rooted stock rom (should work with your frimware) to start with:

http://androidfiles.org/getdownload...Jmz_M4_StockRooted_KK_Odex_WWE_3.10.631.5.zip

could help also:

http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-mini/general/adb-fastboot-device-try-t2800519

Last edited:

Jonog

Aug 4, 2014
So,.....
But as we can see the bootloader shows "OS- " so I suppose with h-boot 2.21.0000 it was 3.10.xxx.x.
I formated data in TWRP-recovery....(formated not only wipe...deletes everything on device).
As far as I remember after that adb returns to work and I sideloaded a new system.

I recommend you to flash first a stock or stock "near" system then and try to get s-off (to get rid of your problems)
A little help could be:

In fastboot mode :
"fastboot erase cache"
greets

edit: honestly I think the CM11 thing is a story after getting device back to life...
an other question ....what do you get if you type in adb when device is in recovery mode: "adb devices"

If needed here you can find a working sense 5.5 rooted stock rom (should work with your frimware) to start with:

http://androidfiles.org/getdownload...Jmz_M4_StockRooted_KK_Odex_WWE_3.10.631.5.zip

could help also:

Thanks. adb devices will sometimes show the serial number I think, adb push CMupdate.zip I get "cannot read cmupdate.zip"

Fastboot flash recoery recovery.img works.

I have ordered a USB OTG so hopefully by friday I will have it. Im not sure how to show you the firmware? I thought I listed everything needed?

shivasrage

Jul 2, 2012
level country
HTC U12+
No, its not your fault...:)
Normaly firmware ist listed in bootloader under OS-3.10.401.3 (for example).
But sometimes after a bad flash when the partitions are messed up or so OS dissapears from bootloader like we can see in your case.
I know from HTC ONE M_7 that there are also some releases of TWRP-recovery that make dissapear OS-Numer from bootloader
but I don´t know if this is similar to the HTC One Mini.

If you get a a serial nuber from adb in recovery mode.. adb should work.....
Do you know how to sideload a ROM via adb and have you allready tried it?

greets

Last edited:

Jonog

Aug 4, 2014
So,.....

A little help could be:

In fastboot mode :
"fastboot erase cache"
greets

could help also:

No, its not your fault...:)
Normaly firmware ist listed in bootloader under OS-3.10.401.3 (for example).
But sometimes after a bad flash when the partitions are messed up or so OS dissapears from bootloader like we can see in your case.
I know from HTC ONE M_7 that there are also some releases of TWRP-recovery that make dissapear OS-Numer from bootloader
but I don´t know if this is similar to the HTC One Mini.

If you get a a serial nuber from adb in recovery mode.. adb should work.....
Do you know how to sideload a ROM via adb and have you allready tried it?

greets

Yes side load does not work.

Jonog

Aug 4, 2014
I have a serious headache now. I tried so many roms and none of them let me make or recieve calls. The 3g mobile data is working. Would this work if the IMEI was blocked?

I also tried to update the firmware and ran into problems error 155 and error 132. I am really close to giving up.