CM11: Setup Wizard / Assistent was closed

Search This thread

wassilij

Oct 28, 2012
Hello,

I updated my CM 10 to CM 11 and forget to flash the new Gapps for CM 11.
Now my phone everytime say's: "Einrichtungsassistent" wurde beendet.
thats german for Setup wizard was closed
I tried to install the new Gapps -> the same error.
After that i tried to flash the ROM again and install the right gapps -> the same error.
After that i tried to wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and install gapps, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache -> the same error.

What can i do?
I don't want to wipe everything on my phone.

mfg

wassilij

Rawa

Oct 30, 2009
I also have the same issue, i managed to access all applications and desktop by adding "Apps/Startprogram" as a shortcut in at my lockscreen. However when pressing homebutton i still have the issue where Setup Wizard crashes.

Rawa

Oct 30, 2009
I also have the same issue, i managed to access all applications and desktop by adding "Apps/Startprogram" as a shortcut in at my lockscreen. However when pressing homebutton i still have the issue where Setup Wizard crashes.

Same issue with new nightly 09.

It is not possible to change laucnher away from setup wizard until it is completed it seems.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Managed to solve it!

First off make sure you have the newest version of ClockworkMod Recovery (6.0.4.4) :

The problem for me was using the wrong gapps i believe! It was ROM Manager who provided me with a bad version. I manually downloaded Gapps 4.4.0:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

There are also versions of 4.4.1 that should work aswell, I hav'nt tried though:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

Then i simply restarted my phone entering recovery mode (volume up, power, home) and reseted all phone data, reset dalvik etc. Then i first installed gapps from sdcard and then nightly from sdcard.

himan20

Dec 22, 2011
For those facing Setup Wizard has Stopped FC

I was facing this problem for a long time today. My device is a Galaxy Fit and I was playing with the latest cm11 kitkat update. However it does not work without a complete data wipe and after the data wipe and flashing the latest nightly it gave me the Setup Wizard Stopped FC.

All I did was -
1) Go to recovery mode
2) wipe data/factory reset (this option wipes data , cache and sd-ext)[using CWM 6.0.4.6]{use the Recovery version that allows you to install Kitkat if you faced this problem while flashing cm11 kitkat}
3)wipe cache
4) wipe system {from the mount unmount menu option}
5) wipe dalvik cache {from the advanced menu option}
6) flash the proper gapps file from the sd card
7) flash the proper rom from the sd card
[here I wanted to make sure if everything was working again so i rebooted and well the Setup Wizard DID NOT pop up]
8) rebooted into recovery and flashed the CWM 6.0.2.7 [which you will probably need for Mounts2Sd to work]

This is my first post ever.. Hope I helped. Ty:fingers-crossed:

Atiatya

Aug 10, 2022

I was facing this problem for a long time today. My device is a Galaxy Fit and I was playing with the latest cm11 kitkat update. However it does not work without a complete data wipe and after the data wipe and flashing the latest nightly it gave me the Setup Wizard Stopped FC.

All I did was -
1) Go to recovery mode
2) wipe data/factory reset (this option wipes data , cache and sd-ext)[using CWM 6.0.4.6]{use the Recovery version that allows you to install Kitkat if you faced this problem while flashing cm11 kitkat}
3)wipe cache
[here I wanted to make sure if everything was working again so i rebooted and well the Setup Wizard DID NOT pop up]
8) rebooted into recovery and flashed the CWM 6.0.2.7 [which you will probably need for Mounts2Sd to work]

Thank you so much. It worked on my gt-s5570 running CM11:cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

All I did was -
    1) Go to recovery mode
    3)wipe cache