[Q] Is there a way to use my unlocked (Tmobile) Note 3 on Verizon Network?

Search This thread

0235ss

May 27, 2010
Orange County
I received the password from T-Mobile and ofcourse entered it after using an AT&T sim, but I have a company iphone 5 (I HATE IPHONES) i'm trying to see if I can just use the sim card into the Note 3 and call it a day. Anyways any help would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance,
Dan

apacseven

Aug 10, 2011
I'm not positive, but if you are able to use it at all, you wont be able to use LTE for sure. The other bands might work fine.

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Yes, it can be done, but you will have to give up LTE, that, will not work for you....

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

I'm not positive, but if you are able to use it at all, you wont be able to use LTE for sure. The other bands might work fine.
sorry, I didn't see this....but you are correct sir.....

Sardonik

Jul 23, 2011
Maybe I'm confused. Does the Tmo Note 3 have CDMA radios? I thought not.

Without CDMA and LTE, I'm not sure I see how you'd use a Tmo Note 3 on Verizon.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Yeah, I'm confused also and since when Verizon allows non Verizon phones on it's network and I know Verizon world phones have SIM cards now, but I thought that was just for LTE compatibility and for travel. BTW nobody in US has voice over LTE and I thought LTE was the only mode CDMA and GSM phones actually have in common? I have not used Verizon for at least 3 yrs, but hell things changed a lot if it worked.

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Guys...IIRC you'd need to program a MEID into the NV items that Verizon would accept. Besides, I doubt any T Mobile or ATT phone has CDMA bands. You're not going to just plug a VZW sim in and it works. The SIM is for their 4g LTE and is more of a RUIM than a actual GSM sim. If VZW is anything like sprint, your iccid, meid, and HDR AN (and quite possibly the HA and AAA passwords for certain profiles) need to be correct. Otherwise you're stuck on error 16. That's even IF you can find some way to activate CDMA radios on the device. FWIW, trade your phone for a Verizon one. Done deal, no headache.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!

darkjedi

Jun 7, 2005
Denver
The short answer is no. 100% no. Verizon is CDMA and T-Mobile is GSM. Two completely incompatible networks. While Verizon phones also have GSM bands, T-Mobile phones do NOT support CDMA bands. WCDMA vs CDMA are completely different.

Spyderlotus

May 8, 2009
Guys...IIRC you'd need to program a MEID into the NV items that Verizon would accept. Besides, I doubt any T Mobile or ATT phone has CDMA bands. You're not going to just plug a VZW sim in and it works. The SIM is for their 4g LTE and is more of a RUIM than a actual GSM sim. If VZW is anything like sprint, your iccid, meid, and HDR AN (and quite possibly the HA and AAA passwords for certain profiles) need to be correct. Otherwise you're stuck on error 16. That's even IF you can find some way to activate CDMA radios on the device. FWIW, trade your phone for a Verizon one. Done deal, no headache.

I have a T-Mobile galaxy note 3 and my friend had a Sprint galaxy note 3. I took the sim card out of my note 3 and put it in his note 3 and everything started working fine right away. It didn't need an unlock code to use other carries sims, 3g came right on, we made voice calls, and even started using the internet. I took his sim and put it in my note 3 and it needed to an unlock code. So I ended up unlocking my phone and put his sim back in and nothing worked. I showed voice bars but did nothing. Maybe i needed to look up sprint apns or something for it to work. My sim worked fine in his cdma phone. Find a friends phone and try it out first. Hopefully it'll work, i recommend using chainfire's region away app to unlock the phone. It's quick and easy. Plus you can unlock other phones after that with the app.

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
I have a T-Mobile galaxy note 3 and my friend had a Sprint galaxy note 3. I took the sim card out of my note 3 and put it in his note 3 and everything started working fine right away. It didn't need an unlock code to use other carries sims, 3g came right on, we made voice calls, and even started using the internet. I took his sim and put it in my note 3 and it needed to an unlock code. So I ended up unlocking my phone and put his sim back in and nothing worked. I showed voice bars but did nothing. Maybe i needed to look up sprint apns or something for it to work. My sim worked fine in his cdma phone. Find a friends phone and try it out first. Hopefully it'll work, i recommend using chainfire's region away app to unlock the phone. It's quick and easy. Plus you can unlock other phones after that with the app.

TOTALLY different than what we're talking about here. The Sprint phone has multiple radio bands (both cdma and gsm) so after a proper unlock (or it may be already unlocked from the factory, not sure) the cdma phone can connect to gsm networks. The T Mobile phone ONLY has gsm bands. Itd be like stuffing a diesel engine into a Miata. It's just not going to work. Yeah you may have been able to insert the Sprint SIM and had signal, an emergency call signal. How would you program the MEID, MDN, MIN, PPP settings and profile settings into the phone should you even be able to connect to sprint towers? You do know there's no update profile or prl option on a t mobile phone too right?

Plain and simple it's not going to work. Some people can't understand that a CDMA SIM card/RUIM isn't like a GSM one...