Need tethering app that actually works

Search This thread

trpenner

Nov 28, 2006
ATT wants $50 more on top of the $160 we are already paying to upgrade the data plan in order to enable tethering on my HTC One X. This is robbery. I've tried three tethering apps and my phone is rooted. Nothing seems to work.

Please advise.

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
ATT wants $50 more on top of the $160 we are already paying to upgrade the data plan in order to enable tethering on my HTC One X. This is robbery. I've tried three tethering apps and my phone is rooted. Nothing seems to work.

Please advise.

Check this link it might help you save money and I believe those plans include mobile hotspot

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50165782

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

trpenner

Nov 28, 2006

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
There is a way to use ES file explorer... I don't remember exactly how it is, look for it

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

623baller

Mar 24, 2013
flash a custom rom then you can easily achieve tethering

if you want to stay stock rooted, there's a mod to remove AT&T from the signal bar so it just shows 3G, H+...etc that will also allow you to tether directly from the built in hot spot. forgot the mod name otherwise i would have thrown you a link. you can probably find it on xda

trpenner

Nov 28, 2006
Tethering with a custom rom

flash a custom rom then you can easily achieve tethering

if you want to stay stock rooted, there's a mod to remove AT&T from the signal bar so it just shows 3G, H+...etc that will also allow you to tether directly from the built in hot spot. forgot the mod name otherwise i would have thrown you a link. you can probably find it on xda
That's fantastic news. When rooting the first time, I used this toolkit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2587677. It has run apps requiring root so I think it is still rooted although I wish it would tell me when it updates because ATT no longer seems to find any except for individual apps. Once I got it rooted, I didn't follow through with a custom ROM because I didn't know how to check the popularity and stability of them. I would love to have tethering so that I can hot spot my phone when needed, and I would also like to have 'real' call recording as opposed to microphone based call recording. Assistance in where to go with this would be greatly appreciated.