[Q] Possible brick after CWM recovery update.

Search This thread

WhenIWake

May 4, 2013
Here goes, hopefully someone can help!
Ive installed a fair few roms on my phone and never had any issue, maybe this explains the complacency.
After updating to CWM recovery -6.0.4.7 I get stuck on my bootscreen, only seeing "Samsung galaxy I9100P" , ive been putting I9100 roms on it and losing NFC functionality for a while.

I went to update to the newest CM-11 nightly and read I needed to update CWM-recovery first. So did that, rebooted phone as instructed after installing new CWMr and nothing. Just stuck on I9100 screen.

No way to get into recovery mode, the only bright side I have found is I can boot into ODIN download mode. So what would be my next steps anyone?

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Flash stock rom. or flash a kernel to get a working recovery bk with odin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

WhenIWake

May 4, 2013
Used ODIN and flashed a new kernel, still on the boot screen, except now I have the yellow exclamation mark. Now to, Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again.. this day is not going well..

Last edited:

WhenIWake

May 4, 2013
Fingers crossed, flashed 3 or 4 kernels before one worked and allowed me into recovery mode. Trying to restore back to my backup from this morning. Heres hoping! :good:

WhenIWake

May 4, 2013
Worked perfectly, the first thing I did was retry the initial task which was what got me stuck, currently waiting on CM-11's initial boot up after a successful install :D Thanks for the calming responses!