Galaxy s5 bug

Search This thread

munier1994

Jun 1, 2014
Hello,

About a month ago I had the opportunity to renew my mobile subscription. After 2 years of enjoying Samsung Galaxy S2 I decided to go for the new galaxy S5. So I got the phone and everything was fine for the first few weeks. Got use to the phone real quickly but had only one major issue. Every time I loaded up heavy graphical apps like asphalt 8 I got a really annoying and weird pixel rendering all over the screen. I have tried googleing my issue multiple times and have looked on many forms but couldn't quite find anyone with the same issue as I have been having.

There are 2 screen shots of asphalt 8 and a TV streaming app.

2014-04-29_16.37.28.jpg

2014-04-29_16.39.49.jpg

The bug also appears when i use the dual camera option.

I really like the new S5 and most of my other apps run smoothly on it. My question is has any one of you have or had this issue? Is it a software bug and should i not worry too much about it? I really hope some body can help me with this issue.

My carrier is T-Mobile in The Netherlands.

Yours sincerely.

M. Stuart

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON
Since you mentioned that most of the apps run correctly, I would assume that your phone is acting funny only to a specific type of game engine or a specific type of code.

I would guess that it is not hardware related since you do not experience this problem on other apps.

Have you considered a factory reset to determine whether the bug persists?

jopat

May 25, 2014
Those could be artifacts. Does the phone get hot when that "bug" shows up?

I think it is a hardware issue. Smart phones are like mini computer. Computers show artifact on the monitor if the video card is heavily burdened caused by overclocking or just a sign that the video card is breaking down.

Reactions: munier1994

munier1994

Jun 1, 2014
Heat

I think it is a hardware issue. Smart phones are like mini computer. Computers show artifact on the monitor if the video card is heavily burdened caused by overclocking or just a sign that the video card is breaking down.

My phone does get a little hot when i'm playing the game. Its really weird. One day i had the game run completely smooth for a wile but then to back to the pixelated state in seconds. Oke i tried the next things: Usualy i have my phone in a flip case. After pulling the phone out. The pixels appeard only on the start screen of the game (asphalt 8) and some light flikker once in a wile.

Didn't know that it would be that big of an issue. The pixelation is still in the other apps. Now i'm wondering should i go to Samsung and ask them if the can relace my phone or do i have to live with it like this for the next 2 years.

Anyways thanks for the advice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.