The headphone jack stopped working :(

Search This thread

Deksmor

Feb 19, 2014
The title sums it up guys... when I plug in my headphones, the music is still played from the phone speaker, it was working perfectly yesterday as I listen to music in a daily basis... I'm really gutted, I guess I have to lock my bootloader, revert to OFW and send this junk back to Sony!

Fiso

Dec 21, 2013
I had the same problem on RomAur 6.1 stock KK. To fix it I just reverted back to CM11 and jack worked perfectly and then I went back to RomAur and everything was fine.
It could be a software issue I recommend reflashing the ROM if problem still persists flash another ROM.
If you're still facing the same problem then go full stock with locked boot loader and send to Sony.
Also did you apply any volume mods cause I'm trying to figure out why it did that?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Deksmor

Feb 19, 2014
I'm on the stock KitKat Nut rom. I installed the sound increase mod, I reverted back to stock sound volumes, it didn't help, I will try to reflash the rom later and see what happens ;) Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

franziro

Jan 9, 2013
Santo Domingo
I'm on the stock KitKat Nut rom. I installed the sound increase mod, I reverted back to stock sound volumes, it didn't help, I will try to reflash the rom later and see what happens ;) Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Try to clean the headphone jack, I fixed it that way, you could use Sound About to force the sound to go through th headphone https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
I had the issue just the other day. Just left the device plugged in and eventually it worked. Pita still though

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app