[Q] first KToon install and no Wifi, ... with intangibles. please advise.

Search This thread

1ck4b0d

Jun 11, 2013
Apparently I can't post, its the first time I've tried to and I'm sure I can articulate my question better than many so its agrivating i can't ask you and Persieus via the forum.

Here goes. I can get long winded so...
(short version)
d2tmo, cleaned up and TitanBU all apps removed mostly, giving me a spaciaous 50% Internal or so with ExtSD getting full.
Used Mobile Odin Pro to first upgrade the Baseband to current T999UVUENC2.
I was on the MD5 and rocking CM11 m2 forever..., I didn't notice any issues at all after the basband and called girlfriend and clashed with clans abit via wifi I presume.
Then came....
NANDRIOD. 3GB transferred to my EXTSD (I've a stockpile of them, nands that is)
and MOBILE ODIN PRO KT747 with DATA/CACHE and Dalvik all wiped, rebooted into recovery, looked up after unable to find fix permissions, CWM apparently took it out in newest versions as people used it like a placebo. thats that and I reboot. KT splash, CM 11 m2 animation. and ALL is Well, except my WIFI won't come on.

I'm convinced that somewhere in the thread I had read from recent posts of people with similar problems. with an Easy fix...

1)I'm fully prepped with SuperSU1.99, CM11 m6 and next 4 nightly's and nandroids ufff course ;)
2)I don't USE TouchWiz yukk, and having found a .zip of the TW 4.4.2 on my SD along with the 5/13/2014 and the 5/12/2014 AOSP's

Basically I question weather I'm a retard and put the TW on my device and its causing this. (My first ROM flash was a rom for another Phone) embarrassingly enough a long long time ago...lmao SO i have a history of boneheaded mistakes.

How should I go about this? My sincerest Appreciation in advance for your time.

Kernel Version
3.4.89-cyanogenmod-g2a5ecd4-dirty
ktoonsez@ktoonsez-VirtualBox#1
Tue May 13 21:30:31 MST 2014

Is that the AOSP installed?

if so...howcan i fix my wifi then?

Good Day to you sirs,
and Ma'aMs?

Sincerely,
Smashing Atoms

Its 12 o clock here, I'm gonna go drink patiently while I eagerly await the verdict if i'm dumb or not.

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Just so I understand your Current State.

You had Flashed the TW 4.4.2 along with KT747 AOSP Kernel. Now everything else worked but no WiFi. Is this right ?

Assuming the above is correct, I bet you got the TW 4.4.2 Rom from Docholiday77's thread. That rom comes with its own version of KT747. So don't flash anything else if that's the Rom you want. So reflash the Rom and then wipe Dalvik+Cache. All will be well.

Now if you do want to go back to CM or you had CM all along, then just Flash the latest CM you have followed by KT747. Don't forget to wipe Dalvik & Cache. All will be well again. Otherwise restore one of your Nandroids.

1ck4b0d

Jun 11, 2013
Just so I understand your Current State.

You had Flashed the TW 4.4.2 along with KT747 AOSP Kernel. Now everything else worked but no WiFi. Is this right ?

Assuming the above is correct, I bet you got the TW 4.4.2 Rom from Docholiday77's thread. That rom comes with its own version of KT747. So don't flash anything else if that's the Rom you want. So reflash the Rom and then wipe Dalvik+Cache. All will be well.

Now if you do want to go back to CM or you had CM all along, then just Flash the latest CM you have followed by KT747. Don't forget to wipe Dalvik & Cache. All will be well again. Otherwise restore one of your Nandroids.

yes, I'm not exactly in a rough spot, suppose I would just like to know what went wrong. there is some misccomunication (i get carried away).
Had CM11 m2 installed, made a nand, flashed a kernel, My 64GB ExtSD is almost full, you must imagine an occasional zip here or there not in its place. When flashing I try to leave the bare essentials at root. After apparent successful flash of KT747 which I aquired from ktoonsez's threads. It became apparent quickly that I did not have Wifi enabled. a little reading and a little verifiying. and I found 3 kernels on my root ExtSD, 20140512, 20140513 both AOSP (for CM of course) but I found a 5-13 KT TW in the same directory.

alot of info to describe either
a) I should just start again cause wifi didn't take. (this time I'll flash m2 to m6 cache/data dalvik, restart, kernel)
b)It was caused beacuse I'm running a TWKernel with CM.
either way it raised concern and i felt the need to collaborate. sorry my previous message confusingly had your name in it. I was looking for actives in the thread and was PM them the same message, but at the 2nd person not recieving PM I figured whatever, put it in the Q n' A. My only problem is that I figured the names that i seen the most giving answers weren't going to see my message.

The last time I made a mistake of wrong file for wrong device...It was a bloody chrismas miracle i brought the device back with my lack of knowledge and experience at the time with what i know now to be a simple bootloop, at the time it scared me though.

I kinda got an immediate uh-oh fearful feeling from this too, just seeing the TW kernel in my inventory *scary* I'll let you know how it goes. gonna NAND now., find 8 places to post "Awesome" and then go to the thread and boast my kernel probably fixes my MPDecision logcat errors.

Hoorah

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I'd delete the KT747 TW zip file.
Your Point B is correct / Valid.

Follow Point A. Except Do it this way.

Flash CM > Flash KT747 20140513 AOSP > Wipe Dalvik & Cache > Reboot & Profit.

Everything you said is valid and makes sense. Don't beat yourself too much about it. We all do it at one time or another. My name or not, I'd have helped you here. I do know without having 10 Post Score, you can't PM XDA Members. I do encourage this forum rather than PM as that allows others to help or profit from our discussion.

EDIT - If the MPDECISION error repeats after all this, please elaborate on the details.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1ck4b0d

1ck4b0d

Jun 11, 2013

Everything you said is valid and makes sense. Don't beat yourself too much about it. We all do it at one time or another. My name or not, I'd have helped you here. I do know without having 10 Post Score, you can't PM XDA Members. I do encourage this forum rather than PM as that allows others to help or profit from our discussion.

EDIT - If the MPDECISION error repeats after all this, please elaborate on the details.

I sit golden with WIFI access, updated CM and a new Kernel. thanks again. When I peep a logcat here in a bit, I will jump for joy if the MPdecision errors are gone, I wasted so much time and effort troubleshooting that wascawy wabbit. I could be mistaken but I believe i saw in update log for the kernel improved or updated MPdecision. If i feel the need to collaborate on the issue I'm sure you'll see me around those threads real soon.

Thanks again

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
If you intend to use KT747 Kernel, you HAVE to delete MPDECISION. that file interferes the Kernel's Hotplugging.

Reactions: 1ck4b0d

1ck4b0d

Jun 11, 2013
If you intend to use KT747 Kernel, you HAVE to delete MPDECISION. that file interferes the Kernel's Hotplugging.

That I had no idea, but I'm not surprised. I haven't been able to do a log yet :/ I'm just getting to removing excessively excessive gigs from extSD. I've been extremely patient with my device while it allows TitanBU to hang for seemingly eternity attempting to restore youtube+data.

I think You tube stopped downloading user defined videos while on wifi for offline viewing a lil' while ago...don't know why i need it at all then. Thanks for PRO tip on MP, I'll have to do much more reading on the papers before I yank it, but I'm sure its a worthy cause. MakePoor decisions has fruitlessly occupied my attention long enough!!!

I haven't had to deal with so much restoring/reinstall (due to my mishap) since I went from 10.2rc to 11.

Is the MP Decisions surgery invasive? I'll have to lookup the Hotplug to refresh exactly what its doing. but I know it interferred plenty with my tasker Profile based govorner switcher. effectively the reasoning behind MP coming to my attention to begin with (tasker logs).

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
The mpdecision file runs in our system as a vendor executable file and it controls the governor for cpu. This file is very important as it defines performance of your cpu1, the file gets executed every time your screen goes off, hence cpu1 control operations are useless because the mpdecision file overwrites the cpu1 governor settings to userspace and ondemand, userspace is the governor when cpu1 is online and ondemand when offline.

The above meddles with the Hotplugging by the Kernel. It will also interfere if you are switching the CPU by Tasker. Since you have Nandroid Backups, I suggest you rename the file to mpdecision.bak. That way it will still be there but just won't be executed.

Now some Food for thougth. KT747 includes several Governors that incorporate Hotplugging. For others you have ability to force Hotplugging.

The point about Hotplugging is that it will disable secondary CPUs when the system is very idle, and enable them again once the system becomes busy. This is achieved by averaging load over multiple sampling periods; if CPUs were online or offlined based on a single sampling period then thrashing will occur.

Within the KTweaker app, you have option of setting several Governer Parameters. (See the link about OverClocking / Undervolting in my signature). This makes Sysfs entries for “hotplug_in_sampling_periods” and for “hotplug_out_sampling_periods” which determine how many consecutive periods get averaged to determine if secondary CPUs should be onlined or offlined. Defaults are 5 periods and 20 periods respectively. Otherwise the standard sysfs entries you might find for “ondemand” and “conservative” governors are there.

Source - Link

If you want to know more about Hotplugging, you will need to read up on how Linux introduced and does Hotplugging of CPU Cores. Here's a link.
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/guide-android-governors-explained-t2017715

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The mpdecision file runs in our system as a vendor executable file and it controls the governor for cpu. This file is very important as it defines performance of your cpu1, the file gets executed every time your screen goes off, hence cpu1 control operations are useless because the mpdecision file overwrites the cpu1 governor settings to userspace and ondemand, userspace is the governor when cpu1 is online and ondemand when offline.

The above meddles with the Hotplugging by the Kernel. It will also interfere if you are switching the CPU by Tasker. Since you have Nandroid Backups, I suggest you rename the file to mpdecision.bak. That way it will still be there but just won't be executed.

Now some Food for thougth. KT747 includes several Governors that incorporate Hotplugging. For others you have ability to force Hotplugging.

The point about Hotplugging is that it will disable secondary CPUs when the system is very idle, and enable them again once the system becomes busy. This is achieved by averaging load over multiple sampling periods; if CPUs were online or offlined based on a single sampling period then thrashing will occur.

Within the KTweaker app, you have option of setting several Governer Parameters. (See the link about OverClocking / Undervolting in my signature). This makes Sysfs entries for “hotplug_in_sampling_periods” and for “hotplug_out_sampling_periods” which determine how many consecutive periods get averaged to determine if secondary CPUs should be onlined or offlined. Defaults are 5 periods and 20 periods respectively. Otherwise the standard sysfs entries you might find for “ondemand” and “conservative” governors are there.

Source - Link

If you want to know more about Hotplugging, you will need to read up on how Linux introduced and does Hotplugging of CPU Cores. Here's a link.
    http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/guide-android-governors-explained-t2017715