[App] Everywhere Clipboard - ultimate clipboard solution

Search This thread

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Everywhere Clipboard extends Android clipboard function and brings real desktop clipboard experience to you on mobile phone. Everywhere Clipboard is a Windows Office style clipboard panel which records copied items into a history stack. In addition to that, the clipboard panel can be opened anywhere in any application without the need to leave your current window or switch to different windows. To bring up the panel, just click on a tiny trigger icon located at the edge of your screen and the panel will expand. Brought to you by the same Dev who made Smart Taskbar and Button Savior.

If you are a serious email or note taking user like me, you might find it improve your overall productivity a lot because there is no more app switching back and forth for simple text copy and paste action.

Download From Market

Features
☆ Instant on, always available clipboard panel
☆ Manage content to copy from files/folders
☆ Built in note editor for quick file creation
☆ Quick copy from any .txt files
☆ Supports both clipboard history based or file based copy
☆ More to come.............

ss1.png
ss2.png

QR Code
img.php

Comment and suggestion welcomed!

Last edited:

short/y

Mar 9, 2006
Silly-con Valley
Is there any way I can invoke this from Smart Taskbar? I'm a Pro user and like the idea but would prefer to have a way to pop up Smart Taskbar and quickly select Everywhere Clipboard so it overlays the original app (the one that was active when I activated STB). Does that make sense?

Great idea, didn't know it could be done

Makes getting to your clipboard very easy. I have never seen something done that way, honestly would not of though it was possible (floating the icon off to the side everywhere?!). As a dev I am trying to wrap my brain around how you accomplished that. That is pretty damn cool. If you have a blog I would love to read about it.

On a side note, the xda article Enjoy Copy and Paste The Way it was Meant to be... states this: "With this new app, you can copy text from any app in your device". You didn't really say that in the market description and I wasn't able to copy and paste from apps like Facebook or Twitter unless they already allow it. I think some people might think find what xda has said a little confusing. Then again I could be wrong about all of this and it's just not working on my device DroidX 2.3. Let me know.

Thanks!

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York
I've been using andclip as my clipboard manager.

I like Everywhere Clipboard better for the always available "trigger" popup...But andclip has an option to allow you to manually enter entries, whereas I don't see such an option with EC.

I could just open some text editor and type in entries and select->copy as a workaround, but if EC could be updated to include this feature native...I'd definitely make the switch from the other app and buy EC.

Thanks!

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York
Some more feedback:

- Can you please make the settings accessible via the popup? Having to go to the apps list and find 'clipboard' everytime I need to make changes is annoying
- Have a 'Permanent' items tab (or maybe integrate into the 'notes' tab?) so I can freely clear out any "junk" in the 'clipboard' tab, but still have all my important items available without having to re-add them.
- Move the enable/disable message into 'Ongoing' notifications...This way it's not taking up space on the notification bar, but it's still available via notifications pulldown

Sorry if it seems I'm pestering, but I'm very much liking EC's popup clipboard and want to make the switch...Just needs a little tweaking and I'm there.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
I've been using andclip as my clipboard manager.

I like Everywhere Clipboard better for the always available "trigger" popup...But andclip has an option to allow you to manually enter entries, whereas I don't see such an option with EC.

I could just open some text editor and type in entries and select->copy as a workaround, but if EC could be updated to include this feature native...I'd definitely make the switch from the other app and buy EC.

Thanks!

I am not sure if i understand this clearly but I think EC has this feature also (manually delete clipboard entries) in current version. But you have to do that in EC's main window, not in the quick panel. So you have to switch to the main app window to do all kind of micro management jobs. I will also try my best to make quick panel able to do some item/file management features.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Makes getting to your clipboard very easy. I have never seen something done that way, honestly would not of though it was possible (floating the icon off to the side everywhere?!). As a dev I am trying to wrap my brain around how you accomplished that. That is pretty damn cool. If you have a blog I would love to read about it.

On a side note, the xda article Enjoy Copy and Paste The Way it was Meant to be... states this: "With this new app, you can copy text from any app in your device". You didn't really say that in the market description and I wasn't able to copy and paste from apps like Facebook or Twitter unless they already allow it. I think some people might think find what xda has said a little confusing. Then again I could be wrong about all of this and it's just not working on my device DroidX 2.3. Let me know.

Thanks!
Hi,
There are many windowParams in Android. With propery param combination, you can make popup like the one in my app.

stra

Aug 4, 2010
Riga
Very nice app! Just bought the Pro version.

Would it be possible to add an option to clear clipboard automatically after a certain time?

I am using KeePassDroid and it has option to clear copied data from clipboard after specified time, but it appears that this data would not clear itself from Everywhere Clipboard.

If it's not possible to integrate this functionality between apps, adding own clear timer to Everywhere Clipboard would be nice.

Thanks!

v_lestat

Jul 11, 2010
yes the 'anywhere' is misleading.
you cant copy text from anywhere, infact i cant find a place that will copy text any differently than the normal select/copy text.

so for me, this is kinda pointless at this moment because 99% of the time i need to copy text from someplace that doesnt normally allow text to be copied.

i mean any place with text that is not embedded, like an image.

Last edited:

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
V1.1 updated on July 20, 2011
Fixed:
(1) Incorrect popup location when trigger side is set to left
(2) Removed a trailing linefeed when copy from txt
(3) Fixed Pause button trigger area wider than displayed.

Sorry guys. I forgot to add the toast notification once again !:(
Will do it few days later

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everywhere Clipboard extends Android clipboard function and brings real desktop clipboard experience to you on mobile phone. Everywhere Clipboard is a Windows Office style clipboard panel which records copied items into a history stack. In addition to that, the clipboard panel can be opened anywhere in any application without the need to leave your current window or switch to different windows. To bring up the panel, just click on a tiny trigger icon located at the edge of your screen and the panel will expand. Brought to you by the same Dev who made Smart Taskbar and Button Savior.

If you are a serious email or note taking user like me, you might find it improve your overall productivity a lot because there is no more app switching back and forth for simple text copy and paste action.

Download From Market

Features
    ☆ Instant on, always available clipboard panel
    ☆ Manage content to copy from files/folders
    ☆ Built in note editor for quick file creation
    ☆ Quick copy from any .txt files
    ☆ Supports both clipboard history based or file based copy
    ☆ More to come.............

ss1.png
    ss2.png

QR Code
    img.php

Comment and suggestion welcomed!
    I just bought thee app. I don't have much time to test right now.

Please add an option to disable the message in the notification area.

Oh, I forgot to add this preference. It was actually on my feature list. Sorry, will put it back in next release.