[ROM][Gingerbread 2.3.3] Weapon G2x 3.0_R1 [NEW TWEAKS APP & FEATURES!][10.22.2011]

Search This thread

meniawy

May 28, 2009
London,ON
I'm ****ing done with this rom. I'm sick of the reboot and absolute **** battery. How do I revert back to the default state?

Dear: You have to read and read before complain, mean no offence:D
I have tried all the ROMs available in this forum, have to say Eagle Blood is the Lord Of ROMs, then HellFire..those are CM7 based.

Then settled with perfect ROM Weapon G2x 3.0_R1(The best of Stock based ROMs), together with Faux repack1.3 kernel, they are doing awesome symphony .

Kindly, wipe ,wipe, wipe and format

Wipe data/factory default
Wipe Cache
Wipe advance/Dalvik
Wipe advance/Battery stats
Then mount/format system

or simply use this http://www.mediafire.com/?jx1nuenaxuxlptc

Go and flash this awesome ROM
then flash Faux repack kernel

Reboot, DON"T TOUCH ANYTHING...just wait 10~15 min
Go ahead and enjoy

You may download AnTuTu(CPU Master Pro), then in Main Tab change scaling from performance to power save, and check the box of set on Boot.

Personally i have overclocked to 1216MHz max, and 216MHz min
Plus i uninstalled wifiCalling and email, disabled some auto start applications.

Now, this combination stays 24 hours of moderate to light uses, still 30% availble
During the whole night (about 8 hours and 30 min, only 3% consumed) without battery saving and 4G on all the time..

One more advice, just give the ROM chance to settle down more and more, by few days of use, charge and discharge,,,by time getting more better.
Hope this will help you a little.:D

Thanks DEV million time for this awesome ROM:):D:):D:):D:):D:):D

jcbofkc

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas City
I'm ****ing done with this rom. I'm sick of the reboot and absolute **** battery. How do I revert back to the default state?

Calm down. Take your pills as directed by your doctor. You need to post more info if you want help. This is a solid rom. How long have you owned the phone? What procedures have you taken when flashing a new rom?

C16MkII

Apr 29, 2011
I've had this phone since launch. I rooted it some months after that and flashed Weapon X sometime in November because the phone felt slow, never got the Gingerbread update and didn't like how some apps were responding. I don't remember EXACTLY where I got the instructions to flash the rom, but I looked for the easiest, step by step guide I could find since I had never done it before and didn't want to brick the phone or something. Rooted with SuperOneClick, put in Clockwork Recovery Mod and followed the steps I could find provided with them. I tried wiping Dalvik recently from Recovery but it didn't help. If I was supposed to do it prior to flashing and the instructions didn't mention that, then of course I didn't know to do it. People do these things through all kinds of different personalized methods, it's hard to find one absolute universal flashing process, especially written in a way that's easy for a beginner to understand, rather than saying things without explaining how to do it. I didn't even do anything with the kernel because I don't know what it is and didn't see any specific recommendations or requirements for doing so at the time.

So if I were to take my phone in its current state, what would I need to do to follow the advice of starting over, wiping what has been recommended right now and flashing a new kernel? I'd like to mention that I remember downloading the LG camera app because I tried CM7 before this, but I don't remember if I used it with Weapon X or if it came with the LG camera, so I'd just like to say I want to keep this camera if it comes down to being an option I need to remember taking care of during the flashing process.

nobody is forcing you to use it. This rom has been on wifey phones for months now. No reboot or horrible battery life. Mayb its your phone, not the rom.

I never said I was being forced to use it, nor did I trash the dev. It's fair to assume that when there's problems when there was no problems before that it's because of the change instituted. So if you don't like my posts, feel free to not help me or even read them at all. We all know the issues this phone has stock. It seems I was lucky not to have those issues at all pre-flash, and unlucky to have them horribly post-flash.

I like how everything looks, my only issues are the two I mentioned which are aggravating me beyond belief. So it would seem my only option is to go back to stock when I didn't have issues while I search for an alternative rom to maybe flash and give a try.

Last edited:

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek
I've had this phone since launch. I rooted it some months after that and flashed Weapon X sometime in November because the phone felt slow, never got the Gingerbread update and didn't like how some apps were responding. I don't remember EXACTLY where I got the instructions to flash the rom, but I looked for the easiest, step by step guide I could find since I had never done it before and didn't want to brick the phone or something. Rooted with SuperOneClick, put in Clockwork Recovery Mod and followed the steps I could find provided with them. I tried wiping Dalvik recently from Recovery but it didn't help. If I was supposed to do it prior to flashing and the instructions didn't mention that, then of course I didn't know to do it. People do these things through all kinds of different personalized methods, it's hard to find one absolute universal flashing process, especially written in a way that's easy for a beginner to understand, rather than saying things without explaining how to do it. I didn't even do anything with the kernel because I don't know what it is and didn't see any specific recommendations or requirements for doing so at the time.

So if I were to take my phone in its current state, what would I need to do to follow the advice of starting over, wiping what has been recommended right now and flashing a new kernel? I'd like to mention that I remember downloading the LG camera app because I tried CM7 before this, but I don't remember if I used it with Weapon X or if it came with the LG camera, so I'd just like to say I want to keep this camera if it comes down to being an option I need to remember taking care of during the flashing process.

I never said I was being forced to use it, nor did I trash the dev. It's fair to assume that when there's problems when there was no problems before that it's because of the change instituted. So if you don't like my posts, feel free to not help me or even read them at all. We all know the issues this phone has stock. It seems I was lucky not to have those issues at all pre-flash, and unlucky to have them horribly post-flash.

I like how everything looks, my only issues are the two I mentioned which are aggravating me beyond belief. So it would seem my only option is to go back to stock when I didn't have issues while I search for an alternative rom to maybe flash and give a try.

NVflash clockworkmod recovery, and make sure that you follow the steps given EXACTLY; then download a ROM of your choice and put it on your SD card.

Before you flash your new ROM, make a backup through CWM and then proceed with wiping data, cache, dalvik cache, and system.

Now flash your ROM, if it's a CM based ROM you will also need to flash Gapps.

Sent from the second fastest G2x in the universe... for now *you're doing it wrong*

Spitfire

Nov 16, 2011
Miami, FL
C16, if you did everything correctly then I would be surprised if it wasn't your phone that is the problem. As others have said, this rom is very stable and it was for me as well. I gave you a link for a rooted stock rom, so feel free to try it out. It has no mods on it so if you are still having problems, you got bad hardware.

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
C16MkII,

You must have not installed the ROM and/or kernel correctly.

There are many peeps here, including me, who have been successfully running Weapon for many months. It is based on Vanilla Android 2.3.3 so going back to stock will be virtually the same unless you install Android 2.2.2 which the phone originally came with.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
C16MkII,

You must have not installed the ROM and/or kernel correctly.

It is based on Vanilla Android 2.3.3 so going back to stock will be virtually the same unless you install Android 2.2.2 which the phone originally came with.

Not entirely true weapon has so much removed from stock a lot of if not all log framework and other things added into it then may mess with stability I suggest going back to 2.8 or so that was the most stable my phone had ever been ( I just prefer 2.3.7/4.0.3)... xboarders rom I believe is only deodexed and bloat removed or the fully bloated/stock experience with root. Either way I say C16 wants to go fast and should try the older, less customized versions of weapon!!!

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
Not entirely true weapon has so much removed from stock a lot of if not all log framework and other things added into it then may mess with stability I suggest going back to 2.8 or so that was the most stable my phone had ever been ( I just prefer 2.3.7/4.0.3)... xboarders rom I believe is only deodexed and bloat removed or the fully bloated/stock experience with root. Either way I say C16 wants to go fast and should try the older, less customized versions of weapon!!!

Yes, that's worth trying.

TheCoutures

Feb 19, 2011
Maiden, NC
I got a quick question after I installed My T-Mobile the device keeps the 4G icon up as if it doesn't drop the data connection even if I'm connected to WiFi.

I know it needs to access the network for My T-Mobile app but after I exit it it still remains.

Only way is to kill it in the settings, is this common cause I couldn't any anything about it in the forum?

merchant2112

Jul 8, 2011
Temple
great ROM, just wanted to say
weapon r with new clip , and beats mod with power amp causes music to skip or break up.

weapon r with new clip no beats and power amp. everything is perfect.
batt life is good too.

this morning power amp ruing and screen kept alive with jefit for 2 hours 6 min while i ran on treadmill and weight trained had 88% bat left from 100.
wifi on gps off
this is better than my optimus t . stock flash no oc or under clock.

ridearoundsolo

Nov 17, 2011
an update to this would be nice, kwes supposedly was gonna update this but never happened and all we got are all these non finished ics builds, lets see sum complete builds!

jcbofkc

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas City
an update to this would be nice, kwes supposedly was gonna update this but never happened and all we got are all these non finished ics builds, lets see sum complete builds!

I am still hopeful kwes will take another shot at it. I have to admit I am pretty happy after new clip. GPS is great. Memory management is the only minor quibble I have. Tried v6 super charger. Not sure it helped. Still playing with different setups. I use the internet a lot and it will bog down if I drop below 100mb free.

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek

kwes did update it, it's in another thread. Also, the ICS ROMs, while unfinished, are fun to play around with.

You could also always get off these stock based ROMs and use CM7, which beats the stock ROMs flat out now.

ridearoundsolo

Nov 17, 2011
kwes did update it, it's in another thread. Also, the ICS ROMs, while unfinished, are fun to play around with.

You could also always get off these stock based ROMs and use CM7, which beats the stock ROMs flat out now.

Yea I have tried all of those a while ago, new clip was good but theres supposed to be a complete new update to weapon, I like cm7 roms but I prefer the stability from stock roms thats why im sayin this

TheCoutures

Feb 19, 2011
Maiden, NC
Yea I have tried all of those a while ago, new clip was good but theres supposed to be a complete new update to weapon, I like cm7 roms but I prefer the stability from stock roms thats why im sayin this

Check out AutoKiller Memory Manager in the market and the preset to Aggressive, the lag should be almost minimal with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][Gingerbread 2.3.3] Weapon G2x 3.0_R1 [NEW TWEAKS APP & FEATURES!][10.22.2011]

Hello everyone! I have been working hard to bring you a modified version of the official 2.3.3 Gingerbread that LG has recently released to us. A lot of time and effort went into the making of this rom and rest assured that only more features will follow this initial release. Please enjoy!

FEATURES
    ~ Based on LG official 2.3.3 Gingerbread
    ~ FIVE lockscreens: 4-Tab, Rotary, AOSP, Star Wars, Miui
    ~ EDT Tweaks: Lockscreen options, battery options, clock options
    ~ Quick Panel toggles ported from I9000
    ~ Power Menu
    ~ Music controls on all lockscreens (except Optimus 2x)
    ~ TouchWiz 4.5 Launcher (stock launcher also included)
    ~ LG Cam v3.0
    ~ CM7 MMS
    ~ Androidian theme from CM7 [green!]
    ~ Working A2DP!
    ~ Added full kernel version and mod version to About Phone
    ~ CRT ON & off animation
    ~ Colored settings icons
    ~ Debloated (not all, but most)
    ~ And probably more I'm forgetting!

Instructions on flashing
    1. Download zip and place on sdcard
    2. Reboot into clockwork recovery
    3. Perform a factory reset
    4. Navigate to mounts and storage and format /system
    5. Choose Install zip from sdcard
    6. Navigate to rom zip and flash
    7. Reboot
    8. ENJOY!

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 3.0_R1 NO WIPE FULL

Weapon G2x 3.0_R1 MIRRORS

MD5: ED57206ED7CB87B992DB95CD11BE9CF0
    DOES NOT FORMAT /DATA! JUST WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK AND FLASH OVER TOP OF PREVIOUS WEAPON G2X VERSION. IF YOU WANT A CLEAN FULL INSTALL DO A FACTORY RESET PRIOR TO FLASHING.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HUGE thank you to Rascarlo for the new bootanimation. He worked very hard on it and I love it! I hope you all do as well. :android-smile:
    DOWNLOAD <<<<< STOCK GINGERBREAD MMS (can send mms over wifi! lacks CM7 mms features though)
    MD5: 2D751B0FF608001B2C6661C8D3537B6F

DOWNLOAD <<<<< STOCK GINGERBREAD CAMERA
    MD5: F506017501ABA0F837D3AA2A61F21EF1

DOWNLOAD <<<<< LG Cam V3.0
    MD5: FA582F3197807CE7C979648682DA214E
    THE ABOUT PHONE SECTION WILL NOT READ A WEAPON G2X VERSION NUMBER. IT WILL JUST SAY WEAPON G2X. THIS WAS DONE ON PURPOSE SO I DON'T HAVE TO UPDATE THE BUILD.PROP FOR THE CAMERA WITH EVERY NEW RELEASE.
    Older Releases
    DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.8 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: 67A9462DBB4C1B8CA7E498B7AB65FE16

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.7 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: ADD0C80AB12A6500E60EF0B4E26EB59B

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.6 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: 6B7F1E043B72C33CD28E04AF94089515

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.5 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: 165BA60780162FF819502390F547BBF4

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.4 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: CBE67D4095DA6C7F23113E6EB7D1ABA9

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.3 FULL WIPE VERSION
    MD5: AD2132F2D70E8CA777FCADFA4245AB45
    DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.3 NO WIPE UPGRADE
    MD5: A04CA56DAE7B464B5C3DD5DFAF1C5FA6

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.1 FULL WIPE VERSION
    MD5: 0951BB94F44E9262148457CDBC452DE1
    DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.1 NO WIPE UPGRADE
    MD5: E83F258E1CFC1ED7D53A2C71AC6A8C5D

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 1.0
    MD5: 59A16EB8A186C97B16095B511210D907

THINGS TO BE AWARE OF
    1. Not all of EDT Tweaks features have been implemented yet. If it's grayed out, it's because it's not available.
    2. Miui lockscreen highlights green ONLY when charging, fully charged and low battery
    3. Equalizer on Miui lockscreen does not animate
    4. You can set ANY CUSTOM APP you want to mms handle on Miui lockscreen AND 4-tab lockscreen.
    5. Customize TouchWiz 4.5 dock by going to app drawer > menu button > edit > drag/drop > save

CHANGELOG
    Code:
    10/22/2011
    ~ Fixed auto-color for battery text
    Only flash themes that are specifically for 3.0_R1 or you will break this again...

10/21/2011
    ~ Freshly compiled Tweaks app (only accessible via Settings menu)
    BIG THANK YOU TO @ROMANBB FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS!
    ~ Removed previous Tweaks features that were grayed out/not usable
    ~ New Miui battery bar feature (battery tweaks)
    ~ CRT animations can now be toggled on/off
    ~ New style color picker
    ~ Added new ICS Roboto font system wide
    ~ Progress bars are now green (matches default theme)

10/14/2011
    ~ Added 4 more toggles: Brightness, Flashlight, Reboot & Shutdown
    HUGE THANK YOU TO KWES1020 FOR MAKING ME A COUPLE OF THE NEW TOGGLE ICONS! :D
    [note: Quickpanel reboot does not show shutdown animation]
    ~ Killed battery full notification
    ~ Updated Superuser to 3.05

10/7/2011
    ~ Ported JKays 9 Quickpanel Toggles!
    ~ Long-pressing Quickpanel toggles shortcuts to settings!
    ~ New darker themed pulldown
    ~ Updated Superuser to 3.02

9/30/2011
    ~ Added init.d support to stock kernel (might be lost if flashing custom kernels)
    ~ Script: Auto-zipaligns + sets permissions at every boot
    ~ Script: Adjusted minfree settings to be more strict (better ram management/more free ram) *Could be lost if flashing custom kernel! Make sure to verify if from your custom kernel dev whether their kernels support init.d scripts!*
    ~ Gtalk video chat now uses FFC (recipients screen will show you sideways - still working on this!)
    ~ Reverted back to STOCK GB CAMERA (flashable for LG cam can be downloaded from OP)
    ~ Updated busybox to 1.19.2
    ~ Updated to Superuser 3.0-final
    ~ Added File Manager from CM7
    ~ Rotary lockscreen marked as unstable
    ~ Updated Market and Maps
    ~ New default wallpaper thanks to DustyVV!!! (also available in wallpaper chooser!)

9/05/2011
    ~ 15% shutoff bug FIXED FOR REAL THIS TIME - Epic Thanks to @romanbb!!
    ~ Updated LG Cam to version 3.0 - Refer to LG Cam thread for buglist - Thanks for the hard work Flak0!
    ~ Killed low battery warning
    ~ Modified stock browser to have UNLIMITED TABS
    ~ Removed Optimus 2x lockscreen - FOR NOW...

8/23/2011
    ~ Cleaned up battery code in SystemUI
    ~ New bootanimation courtesy of Rascarlo!!!
    ~ Optimus 2x lockscreen CLEARLY marked as [beta]. If you have issues, don't use it.
    ~ Completely zipaligned
    ~ Removed shutdown sound
    ~ Few build.prop edits

8/14/2011
    ~ CRT ON animation
    ~ Added LG Camera
    ~ Updated TW4Launcher
    ~ Updated LG framework
    ~ VM heapsize reduced to 48
    ~ Build.prop edits

8/10/2011
    ~ Added Recovery option to power menu

8/8/2011
    ~ Fixed status bar FC when unplugging usb at fully battery
    ~ Added Mms app from CM7.1 (more options!)
    ~ Added reboot to power menu options and a little color
    ~ Added ShareApp
    ~ Potential "insufficient space" fix
    ~ USB debugging enabled by default
    ~ Build.prop edits

8/6/2011 
    ~ Initial Release

PICTURES
    Uwc43.png

wCAVqm.png
    2VtHim.png
    tlIvJm.png
    bI5j7m.png
    fl6tEm.png
    S4kGGm.png
    jAlW2m.png
    rN0KRm.png
    Uysycm.png
    IuTmDm.png
    Kunu7m.png
    tDIGnm.png
    SHxxym.png
    LGarKm.png
    4IQ8wm.png
    lwHvBm.png

CREDITS
    Romanbb - My brother from another mother
    Untermensch - My lockscreen mentor
    Dreamsforgotten
    sbrissen
    Rascarlo
    Fr4gg0r
    XsMagical
    LG Camera Team - Flak0, Jface and anybody else that helped!
    theos0o
    Rascarlo
    DustyVV
    JKays
    Kwes1020
    lidroid
    Plans for the future
    ~ Gtalk with working video chat ... well kinda
    ~ Power Menu (reboot options)
    ~ MORE LOCKSCREENS!

Suggestions and ideas are welcome!
    I just wanted to say that I love the ROM-it works great with my G2x!

I was just wondering if there is any progress on making the FFC work with Gtalk?
    I would love to see that with this ROM as I use Gtalk very often to comunicate with my family overseas and since Skype doesn't work with our FFC(yet) I was wondering what the progress on that was.

Thanks in advance!

I'm about finished with 2.6 now. Changelog is as follows

~ Added init.d support to stock kernel
    ~ Custom scripts - auto zipalign + set permissions at every boot (/data/app)
    ~ Adjusted minfree settings via init.d script (better ram management/more free ram) < This should really help stabilize things
    ~ Reverted back to stock cam (sick of ppl complaining of camera; flashable for LG cam will be provided in the OP)
    ~ Gtalk video chat now works with FFC (not sure if LG cam will break this)
    ~ Added Superuser 3.0-Final

Gonna run it for awhile just to make sure it's golden. Should be posted sometime today or tomorrow though.
    Working on another update guys. I'm rebuilding a new EDT Tweaks for it. New options so far include the ability to toggle the CRT animations on and off (maybe you like off but hate on, etc). I also have the Miui top battery bar working (probably my fav Miui feature). Update will also include a new style color picker for the clock/battery. Pretty cool stuff. :)
    Im smellin a new release... =P

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

OP updated! :D

Hope everyone has a happy Friday! ^^