[TOOL] WP7 Easy Backup Tool (BETA)

Search This thread

SolarisOnline

Dec 7, 2006
Hi Siggystyle,

Thank you for your kind help!!

Normally there would be a sync left, unfortunately (my mistake / stupid) I forgot to sync before making this backup / hand over the device to IT department.…

Best regards,
Solaris

lakikaki

Mar 16, 2010
Just letting you know that the tool works on Samsung Omnia W / Samsung Focus Flash. Both backup and restore are functioning properly.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Yes, of course. This is a PC app, not a phone app; it doesn't matter what device you're using as long as it runs any updatable version of WP7 (basically, anything except a few custom ROMs that broke updatability).

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
No. Note the part before "Besides" please. The backups are encrypted with device-specific keys. Nobody has yet been able to move a backup from one phone to another, even of the exact same model.

Reactions: anseio

Miiky.MA1988

Apr 10, 2012
Paris
Good morning fellas!

I have a few doubts about this software, and since it's not in description here I go:

-Does it have to be a unlocked phone?

-Does it have to be a phone with custom rom?

-Since it worked with HTC Arrive (no rom info though) will it work with HTC 7 Pro?

Best Regards

Miiky

lordmago

Feb 13, 2010
Near Venice
Good morning fellas!

I have a few doubts about this software, and since it's not in description here I go:

-Does it have to be a unlocked phone?

-Does it have to be a phone with custom rom?

-Since it worked with HTC Arrive (no rom info though) will it work with HTC 7 Pro?

Best Regards

Miiky

Hello!

I have HTC 7 Pro with Dynamics7 1.01b rom and it works. Never used it with stock rom, because I found this app when I started trying different custom roms...
I suppose that, since in post 1 or 13 there's written that zune and zune update must be supported by custom rom, I suppose it should also work for stock rom...
Or maybe I missed a post with the answer to this last point.

K.R.

Reactions: Miiky.MA1988

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
1. Not at all. Dev-unlock is only relevant for installing homebrew on the phone; this is a PC app.

2. It's actually more likely to work for a stock ROM than a custom ROM. This uses functionality built into the stock ROMs (but which is broken on some custom ROMs).

3. It'll work on any Windows phone (unless it has a custom ROM that breaks updateability). It uses no device-specific code of any kind. Anything from the Venue Pro to the Lumia 900 should work fine.

Reactions: Miiky.MA1988

AdryJay

Sep 4, 2011
Sorrento
www.adrianoalfaro.com
I've read about two posts from what it seems that this backup will preserve the Interop-Unlock... I'm very intrested becouse I've a Samsung Omnia W Interop-Unlocked and I want to install the new SAMSUNG updates, but I don't wont to loose the possibility of unlocking it after an hard reset.
So, my question is: this tool backups/restores also the registry of my Windows Phone?

Thanks a lot! ;D

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It is a complete backup of the phone's filesystem, except for your Zune library (which should be synced to the PC). All the user data (including apps and their data), all the ROM (including firmware), all the system files (including registry). It's the same kind of backup that Zune makes prior to installing an update.

Reactions: AdryJay

kadajawi

Nov 3, 2009
Ok, so I have a Optimus 7/E900, and received the dreaded memory problem error. I made a backup and send it to LG, who have (hopefully) repaired it. But now when I try to restore the backup it fails with the error code 801812E0. I can't even find it on the internet. Says it can't restore the backup. What has happened? What's wrong, what am I doing wrong? Has the device ID changed?

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Did you get exactly the same device, with the same hardware in it, returned? Most "repairs" are flat-out replacements, sometimes only of affected components but sometimes of the whole device.

kadajawi

Nov 3, 2009
Well, I don't know. The case looks the same, I left the sticker at the back and it is still there. They have added a sticker saying it was repaired...

So if they have replaced anything I don't have a chance?

Btw. the brightness sensor doesn't work anymore. Well done, LG. lol.

Well, I don't know. The case looks the same, I left the sticker at the back and it is still there. They have added a sticker saying it was repaired...

So if they have replaced anything I don't have a chance?

Btw. the brightness sensor doesn't work anymore. Well done, LG. lol.

the problem error was posted on the net before many times (not sure what search engine you use - I suggest you change that ;) ): here is a link from the ms apphub:
http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/p/86291/530573.aspx
others:
http://support.t-mobile.com/message/38564
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1532709
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...75?msgId=c5fa32a9-7bd1-40bb-b5b5-ecd951db5811
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1461860

did you make the backup on a different OS version than what the phone is on right now? E.g. you made the backup on 7.10.8107.79, but the device is currently only on 7720? Another possibility is a change in the firmware version or radio version of the rom. In summary, reading other posts with this particular error code means you would have to either discard the backup or start with a fresh manufacturer rom and update to the os version at which you made the backup (this seemed to have worked for a few, but I doubt this will work under your circumstances).

and as gooddaytodie suggested, check the device id from your backup and what your device has at the moment:
should look like this: 56b5a2d7 - 5320bd2b - 21c71ed1 - 04fd077b
cheers

Last edited:

akshaybz

Jun 21, 2010
Delhi
Was able to take backup for Lumia 710 using this.
Didn't try restore though :p

Thanks for you hardwork mate...be on it ;)

Miiky.MA1988

Apr 10, 2012
Paris
1. Not at all. Dev-unlock is only relevant for installing homebrew on the phone; this is a PC app.

2. It's actually more likely to work for a stock ROM than a custom ROM. This uses functionality built into the stock ROMs (but which is broken on some custom ROMs).

3. It'll work on any Windows phone (unless it has a custom ROM that breaks updateability). It uses no device-specific code of any kind. Anything from the Venue Pro to the Lumia 900 should work fine.

+1 Thanks buddy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA-Community,

I am back with a new tool for Windows Phone 7 (<3).

The WP7 Easy Backup Tool allows WP7 users to create or restore a backup on the easy way and without hacking skills. The tools wraps the Windows Phone Support Tools to create or restore updates, that means backups are 100% Zune compatible.

This software is still in development, but there is already an stable version.
    I've tested with my HD7 and HD2 (depends on the ROM), more test devices would be nice.

This tool requires .NET 3.5, Zune 4.8.2345.0 and Windows Phone Support Tools

WP7EB_5.png

Successful tested on:
    • HTC HD7 (original HTC ROM)
    • HTC HD2 (Back to the Future ROM, xmb Rom 7740.16)
    • HTC 7 Mozart
    • HTC Arrive
    • HTC Titan
    • Samsung i917
    • Dell Venue Pro
    • Samsung Omnia 7 (I8700)
    • Nokia Lumia 800
    • Samsung Focus S

WARNING: The Tool didn't cares about previous backups! Please save your backups as first step.
    Your backup should be stored here: "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\"

WARNING #2: THE BACKUP PROCESS COULD LEAD TO A FAILURE ON CUSTOM ROMS! ZUNE AND ZUNE UPDATES NEED TO BE SUPPORTED BY YOUR CUSTOM ROM.

HINT: The backup process could take up to 1h depending on your device.

IF YOU STUCK DURING THE BACKUP PROCESS IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO HARDRESET. REMOVE YOUR BATTERY AND BOOT NORMAL. (Sorry rubbish ;()

Use this software at your own risk :)

Please give me feedback on bugs or feature requests.

You found a bug? Okay, I need a description, device informations and your Zune version to kill that thing :)

DOWNLOAD

If you get the message: "There was a known problem with your Windows Phone Support Tools. Do you want to open the Microsoft Knowledge Base to get fix?" follow this instructions! Otherwise you can download the Windows Phone Support Tools here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20161548&postcount=40
    This Tool does full backup how Zune?

Looks nice and simple!
    BTW, people who are asking about restoring to different phones: This is just a way to force a Zune-style backup at any time. These backups, really more properly called Restore Points, are specific to the device they are made from and won't even work on another device of the same model - it must be the same piece of hardware.

Well, unless the OP has done way more magic than I see. Great and useful app, but not (AFAIK) so completely groundbreaking as to get around the restore point per-device encryption.
    notice the bold part
    Yes, sir :D

what ROM were u using on HD2?

Back to the Future - Updateable ROM by Yuki / XBMod