[Q] Missing messages in group messages?

Search This thread

conquerstrife

Aug 27, 2010
So I just got my Moto X and its pretty awesome. My previous phone was an iPhone 3GS and I really liked iMessage but I figured that now since Android supports group sms I would take the plunge. However, after doing my first group message today I was only able to see 1 of my contact's text messages while everyone elses messages just never reached me (I guess in text message limbo).

All of the people I messaged were iPhone users (5 and 5s). Is this just a blip or just a common problem that I will have to deal with for the next 2 yrs (which I dont really want to deal with, all of my friends are iPhone users)? Could it possibly be a ATT problem, I tried texting my phone from one of my friends and immediately it went to iMessage instead of SMS but it eventually changed to text and I got it.

conquerstrife

Aug 27, 2010
so I asked motorola about this issue. They said group messaging is no longer supported (wth) and I should download a 3rd party app.

sdxda

Mar 15, 2011
NY
I have found that group messaging on android is pretty lack luster. I've installed Google hangouts as my default sms app and just deal with the issues. Hopefully, it will get better over time. They have a ton of issues to work through though. Good luck.

superm1

Jun 3, 2010
Texas
I do group messaging all the time in the hangouts app. Works no problem for me at all. I do them as "group MMS" messages. Try switching your SMS app to hangouts and see if it's any better.

Oh and before you switched from the iPhone did you unregister your phone number with iMessage? If not, that might be why they're not coming through. The apple database thinks you're still on iMessage and they're getting lost in limbo. See this:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2013/11/28/switching-from-iphone-to-android-switch-off-imessage/

Reactions: conquerstrife

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do group messaging all the time in the hangouts app. Works no problem for me at all. I do them as "group MMS" messages. Try switching your SMS app to hangouts and see if it's any better.

Oh and before you switched from the iPhone did you unregister your phone number with iMessage? If not, that might be why they're not coming through. The apple database thinks you're still on iMessage and they're getting lost in limbo. See this:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2013/11/28/switching-from-iphone-to-android-switch-off-imessage/