Chromecast Stops Stream

Search This thread

minusbfold

Nov 29, 2012
Southbridge
Can someone help me out. I have plain jane chrome cast it has not been rooted. Whenever im streaming to my TV in the middle of watching a show it just stops. It does not matter if its on my phone,tablet or from my laptop via google chrome. The only way to get it going again is to unplug the chromecast and start all over. I thought the whole point of the chromecast was to stream to tv. I've had it for like 2 months and so far it sucks.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Can someone help me out. I have plain jane chrome cast it has not been rooted. Whenever im streaming to my TV in the middle of watching a show it just stops. It does not matter if its on my phone,tablet or from my laptop via google chrome. The only way to get it going again is to unplug the chromecast and start all over. I thought the whole point of the chromecast was to stream to tv. I've had it for like 2 months and so far it sucks.
Most important question here is what application are you casting from?

There's a huge difference in required bandwidth casting media compared to casting media from YouTube, Hulu, etc.

stringrazor

Jun 3, 2013

Also, check the wireless signal strength at the TV's location. Mine was also stopping mid-stream on our kitchen TV after performing flawlessly on the one in the LV. I was wondering what had gone wrong until I remembered that wireless reception is a bit dicey in the kitchen.

Last edited:

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Also, check the wireless signal strength at the TV's location. Mine was also stopping mid-stream on our kitchen TV after performing flawlessly on the one in the LV. I was wonder what had gone wrong until I remembered that wireless reception is a bit dicey in the kitchen.
Very good and important point.

I just made a post describing the different bandwidth needs and router quality that might help visualize things better for the picture-oriented. ;)