[Q] How to root butterfly s in 4.3 sense 5.5?

Search This thread

brian88z

Dec 9, 2009
I have updated my butterfly s in official OTA and i want to root my phone now.
However i cant find any method to root while it is in 4.3

Please help me if anyone know

koniiiik

Jun 12, 2008
Göteborg
koniiiik.org
I have updated my butterfly s in official OTA and i want to root my phone now.
However i cant find any method to root while it is in 4.3

Please help me if anyone know

First, make sure you have a custom recovery installed (TWRP or CWM). Then download the latest supersu flashable ZIP from http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu, put it on your SD card and install via TWRP/CWM. That's it.

brian88z

Dec 9, 2009
cant

First, make sure you have a custom recovery installed (TWRP or CWM). Then download the latest supersu flashable ZIP from , put it on your SD card and install via TWRP/CWM. That's it.

However, the cwm recovery can't mount my sdcard and i cant enter the twrp

i dont know the answer and i didnt root or unlock or flash custom recovery in 4.2, is it the cause ?

shtipu1111

Apr 30, 2012
Dhaka
everything went well except root... superuser says The superuser binary (su) must be updated .. please choose an installation method .. and upon pressing recovery install I get this : There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer . what should I do .. Please advise ..Thnx

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
everything went well except root... superuser says The superuser binary (su) must be updated .. please choose an installation method .. and upon pressing recovery install I get this : There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer . what should I do .. Please advise ..Thnx

Download and flash this in recovery https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a6vqeqbr3rk4co/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: shtipu1111

shtipu1111

Apr 30, 2012
Dhaka
daorderdillon .. can't thank u enough ... rooted & updated supersu ..had to update the binary on recovery .. Titanium backup runs fine .. thnx again

Top Liked Posts