Need Help ASAP -- Phone Can't Enter Recovery

Search This thread

BlackHayze

Nov 8, 2013
Hi all,

I was having some issues sideloading a ROM in TWRP 2.6.3.4, but eventually was able to adb push the ROM in (ViperOne 5.0.0). After that, I got an install failed (which is bad in and of itself, as I have no OS installed currently) and told me to try installing TWRP 2.6.3.3, which I did from it's Aroma menu, and now my phone will not enter into recovery at all! I've tried 2.6.3.4, 2.6.3.3, and now just tried 2.6.3.0.

Any help at all would be extremely appreciated, I may have broken my phone here, and am really worried.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I can get 2.6.3.4 working and running, but anything under 2.6.3.4 will not work anymore, even though I just had 2.6.3.0 working on there.

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
EDIT: I can get 2.6.3.4 working and running, but anything under 2.6.3.4 will not work anymore, even though I just had 2.6.3.0 working on there.

Make sure you're using the right recovery for you phone; I didnt know ViperOne had recoveries in installer, but I think ViperOne is compatible with GSM and CDMA phones, if that is true, then 2.6.3.3 and .4 are for GSM and 2.6.3.0 is probably for CDMA (Sprint)

I would also recommend flashing recovery yourself using fastboot:
fastboot flash recovery <name of recovery>.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

making sure you get the correct TWRP for you phone model.

Reactions: bis@peace

BlackHayze

Nov 8, 2013
Make sure you're using the right recovery for you phone; I didnt know ViperOne had recoveries in installer, but I think ViperOne is compatible with GSM and CDMA phones, if that is true, then 2.6.3.3 and .4 are for GSM and 2.6.3.0 is probably for CDMA (Sprint)

fastboot erase cache

Yeah I had found a 2.6.3.4 for Sprint that I flashed manually before, and that worked fine as far as starting the recovery up and everything. But, it couldn't install ViperOne correctly, and so ViperOne has an option in the Aroma installer to install a recovery, and since I had never found a 2.6.3.3 file to manually flash, but was on 2.6.3.4 I never even thought that it may not be a recovery built for my phone and it messed everything up.

That's the last time I'm gonna let anything install stuff for me, I always prefer the manual way. I suggest the auto flashers and installers to people like my mom who only really wants root for a certain few features, but I'm usually a manual guy.

Luckily, the RUU worked and I was able to get ViperOne installed on 2.6.3.0.... Sad thing is that's the same recovery I was running before this entire fiasco haha. What a night for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

fastboot erase cache