Adroid Users Just a Bunch of Lemmings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
These auto update/pushed wifi updates are insane !!! (no descriptions at all, I read transcripts of users chatting with att and they don't know what the updates contain?!?!
WTH !!! They "push" an update to our phones while we sleep, and now many peeps are experiencing major problems -

Why do you guys blindly download stuff without knowing the consequences, are you just a bunch of Lemmings?

(one of many from the "update" thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2661285 )

No matter what I do I can't get this thing to install past 31%. I've tried defrosting EVERYTHING, disabling SuperSU and enabling Survival Mode yet nothing works. I tried deactivating all Xposed modules as well and wiping the cache, yet that didn't help. I'm starting to think that once I get this sorted out it'll be my last Samsung phone for a VERY LONG time.

Same here. After doing all that, I did a factory reset and it still failed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Seriously, I have been with Apple for years, and their "updates" contain a description of what is contained in the update.
Same thing with updates for apps, it tells you what the update is changing/adding.

Not with Android stuff, they treat us like guinie pigs with these "secretive" updates, and you guys just gobble them up without even knowing what the heck is going to get changed on YOUR device! How can you guys just blindly allow downloads to your device with knowing what is up before hand?

Yesterday I looked down and I saw a Samsung update halfway done downloading!?! wth !!! I pulled the back cover and yanked the battery in less then 2 seconds, and put an immediate stop to that silliness. (then turned Samsung apps auto-update off).

That thread is just filled with guys having problems, losing their root, spending a crap load of time trying to get their phones back to how they were BEFORE the update. Some guys can't re-root, some guys have done factory resets, to no avail.

So seriously, can we stop this blind downloading nonsense by shutting down ALL auto updates?

On the MacRumors website, the devs there would check out updates BEFORE the masses did. I always waited a couple days after the update came out, and I always knew EXACTLY what was going to happen with the update.

Here in the Android World, the masses act like a bunch of Lemmings, blindly jumping off a cliff - It needs to stop.

Play Store/Settings/notifications ON, Auto-update OFF
Samsung Apps/Settings/auto-update OFF, notifications ON

Reactions: wdkingery

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Thread closed...leave opinions (like these) out of development threads. There are social media sites for that.

ac6416f1-7d24-44b3-a53a-ef11935a6700_zpsc9520220.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed...leave opinions (like these) out of development threads. There are social media sites for that.

ac6416f1-7d24-44b3-a53a-ef11935a6700_zpsc9520220.jpg
    These auto update/pushed wifi updates are insane !!! (no descriptions at all, I read transcripts of users chatting with att and they don't know what the updates contain?!?!
    WTH !!! They "push" an update to our phones while we sleep, and now many peeps are experiencing major problems -

Why do you guys blindly download stuff without knowing the consequences, are you just a bunch of Lemmings?

(one of many from the "update" thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2661285 )

No matter what I do I can't get this thing to install past 31%. I've tried defrosting EVERYTHING, disabling SuperSU and enabling Survival Mode yet nothing works. I tried deactivating all Xposed modules as well and wiping the cache, yet that didn't help. I'm starting to think that once I get this sorted out it'll be my last Samsung phone for a VERY LONG time.

Same here. After doing all that, I did a factory reset and it still failed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Seriously, I have been with Apple for years, and their "updates" contain a description of what is contained in the update.
    Same thing with updates for apps, it tells you what the update is changing/adding.

Not with Android stuff, they treat us like guinie pigs with these "secretive" updates, and you guys just gobble them up without even knowing what the heck is going to get changed on YOUR device! How can you guys just blindly allow downloads to your device with knowing what is up before hand?

Yesterday I looked down and I saw a Samsung update halfway done downloading!?! wth !!! I pulled the back cover and yanked the battery in less then 2 seconds, and put an immediate stop to that silliness. (then turned Samsung apps auto-update off).

That thread is just filled with guys having problems, losing their root, spending a crap load of time trying to get their phones back to how they were BEFORE the update. Some guys can't re-root, some guys have done factory resets, to no avail.

So seriously, can we stop this blind downloading nonsense by shutting down ALL auto updates?

On the MacRumors website, the devs there would check out updates BEFORE the masses did. I always waited a couple days after the update came out, and I always knew EXACTLY what was going to happen with the update.

Here in the Android World, the masses act like a bunch of Lemmings, blindly jumping off a cliff - It needs to stop.

Play Store/Settings/notifications ON, Auto-update OFF
    Samsung Apps/Settings/auto-update OFF, notifications ON