My wife is getting my gs3, But.....

Search This thread

Silvus

Mar 26, 2011
The wife gave me a gs4, with the condition I unroot my gs3 and give it to her. Sweet, until when I connect my gs3 to my computer odin, never sees it. I am running:

Odin ver 3.07
Android version 4.3
Baseband version I535VRUCML1
Kernel version 3.0.31
CleanROM 8 core Edition
Hardware version I535.10
Do have samsung drivers installed.

I am assuming/hoping that is more info than is needed.

My plan was to use odin to put stock kit kat on and lock everything back up. But when I enter download mode and connect to my computer(whether odin is open before or after) Odin never puts a com port up, aka it never connects to the phone. Am I running the wrong version of Odin? If so, which should I be running?

-somebody-

Apr 2, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
The wife gave me a gs4, with the condition I unroot my gs3 and give it to her. Sweet, until when I connect my gs3 to my computer odin, never sees it. I am running:

Odin ver 3.07
Android version 4.3
Kernel version 3.0.31
CleanROM 8 core Edition
Hardware version I535.10

My plan was to use odin to put stock kit kat on and lock everything back up. But when I enter download mode and connect to my computer(whether odin is open before or after) Odin never puts a com port up, aka it never connects to the phone. Am I running the wrong version of Odin? If so, which should I be running?

i normally use odin 3.07 but i updated to stock kitkat with kies this time without a hitch. if youre locking it down for her thatd be the simplest way.

Reactions: Silvus

Silvus

Mar 26, 2011
i normally use odin 3.07 but i updated to stock kitkat with kies this time without a hitch. if youre locking it down for her thatd be the simplest way.

I've never touched kies or read about it(haven't done any rooting in a While.)

Can I beg a link for time and sanities sake?

Silvus

Mar 26, 2011
welcome. worked well for me and i came from MOAR ROM (ML1) and used it fine.

Installed kies3, went through the help section, it wasn't a lot of help. Started Google searching and am only getting hits for odin.. I hate being that guy, but the wife is hovering some. Some more guidance on which option I. Tools to hit? Or am I way off base

-somebody-

Apr 2, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Installed kies3, went through the help section, it wasn't a lot of help. Started Google searching and am only getting hits for odin.. I hate being that guy, but the wife is hovering some. Some more guidance on which option I. Tools to hit? Or am I way off base

for me when i hooked my phone up it told me there was an firmware update available. if thats not the case for you try going to tools and firmware upgrade and initialization. you got the phone on a tw rom right now or aosp? that might be part of the problem if its on aosp.

p.s.- tell the wifeh to stop hovering, pressure dont help fix phones XD

Silvus

Mar 26, 2011
Nothing happens when I plug in my phone. If I try telling kies that my phone model is Sch-i353v , it tells me to check the sticker and try again

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007

Odin ver 3.07
Android version 4.3
Kernel version 3.0.31
CleanROM 8 core Edition
Hardware version I535.10

Consider yourself lucky given the high likelihood locking up the boot loader after returning to stock.

I would stick with CleanROM 8, nandroid backup your current image, wipe data and hand it to her for the first boot setup process. She will never know the difference and never be prompted to take a lock-it-up ota...

Fwiw, did you try different cables?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Silvus

Mar 26, 2011
Sorry, I fixed this last night and failed to post. I tried two cables originally. Eventually I got frustrated and tried a third cable, and everything went through like a champ. There may have been some cussing at this point, but then there was beer. So it worked out:)

Thanks a ton for the responses folks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, I fixed this last night and failed to post. I tried two cables originally. Eventually I got frustrated and tried a third cable, and everything went through like a champ. There may have been some cussing at this point, but then there was beer. So it worked out:)

Thanks a ton for the responses folks!!

Odin ver 3.07
    Android version 4.3
    Kernel version 3.0.31
    CleanROM 8 core Edition
    Hardware version I535.10

I've never touched kies or read about it(haven't done any rooting in a While.)

Can I beg a link for time and sanities sake?

http://www.sammobile.com/kies/

welcome. worked well for me and i came from MOAR ROM (ML1) and used it fine.

for me when i hooked my phone up it told me there was an firmware update available. if thats not the case for you try going to tools and firmware upgrade and initialization. you got the phone on a tw rom right now or aosp? that might be part of the problem if its on aosp.

p.s.- tell the wifeh to stop hovering, pressure dont help fix phones XD