[q] can't get my phone to root

Search This thread

darkmayhem

Jul 18, 2014
i also tried a different port, using the original cable, developer mode, reinstalled drivers, and tried an older version of odin... nothing seems to work

even Kies can't connect to my phone

i have been following steps in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33305784&postcount=2&nocache=1&z=5264202383282762

phone is constantly in download mode, and odin program looks like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mlc1ogy3ltxwgi/Screenshot 2014-07-18 15.08.09.png

i left it alone for over half an hour and tried multiple times putting auto reboot on and off. Any advice?
hey mate. Use chairfire autoroot to root your s3.
I used it too to root my phone. It is best way.
Just goto chaifire website (google it) -> download the autoroot for your variant -> download Odin (I think it come inside autoroot zip) -> extract the zip -> you will find a .tar file -> put your phone in download mode by pressing vol down + home button + power and press volume up key -> connect your phone in your computer and let it install necessary driver. if the drivers were installed properly you will see COM id in odin. Only proceed if you see COM id. -> click on PDA and select the .tar that we extracted before -> just don't touch anything inside odin and click on start. Wait until odin say finished but dont disconnect the phone.
after the odin process there will be some process done in your phone so wait until your phone completely reboots and you see the SU app in your app drawer.
Now disconnect your phone.
Your phone will be rooted mate.

If you wanna experience s5 in your s3 then download the S5 sensation custom rom from the very great dev @sunajkram23. He has developed s5 rom with all its features and funtion for s3.

Before you flash any custom rom, you have a flash a custom recovery. I am using latest touch CWM recovery ( google it ) and download .tar file and then flash through odin ( same procedure to flash as I stated above ). :)

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

hey mate. Use chairfire autoroot to root your s3.
I used it too to root my phone. It is best way.
Just goto chaifire website (google it) -> download the autoroot for your variant -> download Odin (I think it come inside autoroot zip) -> extract the zip -> you will find a .tar file -> put your phone in download mode by pressing vol down + home button + power and press volume up key -> connect your phone in your computer and let it install necessary driver. if the drivers were installed properly you will see COM id in odin. Only proceed if you see COM id. -> click on PDA and select the .tar that we extracted before -> just don't touch anything inside odin and click on start. Wait until odin say finished but dont disconnect the phone.
after the odin process there will be some process done in your phone so wait until your phone completely reboots and you see the SU app in your app drawer.
Now disconnect your phone.
Your phone will be rooted mate.

If you wanna experience s5 in your s3 then download the S5 sensation custom rom from the very great dev @sunajkram23. He has developed s5 rom with all its features and funtion for s3.

Before you flash any custom rom, you have a flash a custom recovery. I am using latest touch CWM recovery ( google it ) and download .tar file and then flash through odin ( same procedure to flash as I stated above ). :)