[ROM] Revolver 4 by Gnufabio | 4.2.1 - IC421(G) | Sep 5 | TF101-TF101G-SL101 | Fast

Search This thread

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated!

I have f*rted about for about an hour, to no avail.

When I tried this:-

I had much the same error!

As I tend to backup quite a bit of the stuff that's on my micrSD card to my PC, I found a CWM backup that I must have made shortly after installing Revolver 4.0.0 Beta 1.3. I copied this back over to microSD card - restorted via CWM & BINGO!

I am now "cooking on gas" again!

Unbelievable - everything seems to be OK!

Trouble is - I have got no idea what caused the problem in the first place, so I don't know if it will happen again :(

Wow, lucky :)
I would suggest backing up the sd card on internal data, and then formatting the system and data and well everything, and start from a fresh install, and then move back what you need... As something was definitely corrupted.. and also take regular backups, just in case :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
My exuberance was short lived - lost of stuff missing on the internal storage :(

Can you tell me how I can format the internal storage etc to clear this?

When you say SD card do you mean my external microSD card?

Thanks

No, the sd is the internal storage i.e. your 16gb or 32gb used by the tab..

To format the system and everything else you need to go to recovery and mounts and storage and then there should be a format system, data etc, I think that it will be there, at least it was for older cwm recovery versions...

Please note, that it will be like starting again, with a fresh tf101 out the box (but with the last /system you flashed, be it revolver or what ever custom rom you have on there)

limezone

Feb 2, 2011
I've been running 4.0.0 RC1 for just over a week, overall I think it's great and I appriciate all the hard work. The tablet will operate very well for 48-72 hours then give me a SOD. In seven days it's happend twice. I've read a lot of people are doing very well on guevor's kernels. Which one would you guys reccomend for a B90? Thanks

jellywobbles

May 21, 2009
Fareham
No, the sd is the internal storage i.e. your 16gb or 32gb used by the tab..

To format the system and everything else you need to go to recovery and mounts and storage and then there should be a format system, data etc, I think that it will be there, at least it was for older cwm recovery versions...

Please note, that it will be like starting again, with a fresh tf101 out the box (but with the last /system you flashed, be it revolver or what ever custom rom you have on there)

Thanks again for your help, but not making much progress.

In CWM - Format System & Format cache works ok

However "Format data" doesnt work - I get an error - see below

Formatting /data ....
Skipping erase of /data/media
Error removing /data/system/packages.xml! Error formatting /data!

Any ideas?

Thanks

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Hmmm, there maybe another way, but not too sure if it works with custom recoveries but I guess it is worth a try...
Power off the tab,
Press and hold the volume down button and the power button, and when prompted (have read after 10 seconds) press the up button
As I say, don't know if that still works with custom recoveries... Not too sure..

jellywobbles

May 21, 2009
Fareham
Hmmm, there maybe another way, but not too sure if it works with custom recoveries but I guess it is worth a try...
Power off the tab,
Press and hold the volume down button and the power button, and when prompted (have read after 10 seconds) press the up button
As I say, don't know if that still works with custom recoveries... Not too sure..

:( Didn't work!

Would it be worth using NVFlash to flash a rooted Stock ROM such as this one here??

ambertx

Feb 29, 2012
Sydney
Ambertx,

THANK YOU! That helped immensley. It was one of those moments of self-doubt where I really needed someone more knowledgeable than me to confirm my thoughts, and didn't want to do anything for fear of borking my TF101. The very first time I rooted it, when I got it last year, I accidentally erased my internal memory with one of those SuperWipe scripts, and I'm a touch paranoid of repeating that, as I lost some files that I needed, and had to scramble to re-create. I've learnt better, and web- and hard-backup everything now.

I had the problem with CWM doing the crazy loop thing, which I fixed (with youtube and the instructions from the thread) with Roach2010's patch. Is the Touch Recovery working without bugs, and if so, how do I go about updating it?

Thank you again for your help.

No problem, you update CWM the same way as flashing a rom. Download the zip and install from CWM. I have found it to be error free although with the new CWM you can only install zip stored on the internal memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: rykatemom

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
:( Didn't work!

Would it be worth using NVFlash to flash a rooted Stock ROM such as this one here??

I'm not too sure on nvflash as have never used it... It could work, I don't know if it will overwrite the recovery... It could do or it might overwrite your /data so it can be formatted... Not 100% sure..
You could go.into the rom and then factory reset under settings/privacy, and then see if you can format /data?
Strange one you have here...

number16

Jan 12, 2007
hey guys, I need a bit of help ...

Was using another ROM (ICS HD) and flashed 4.1.0RC1 last night ... everything works fine.

Except I can't restore apps from TiBa. When I click on apps to restore, it just keeps trying but can't restore any apps.

Any clue?

I

I2IEAILiiTY

hey guys, I need a bit of help ...

Was using another ROM (ICS HD) and flashed 4.1.0RC1 last night ... everything works fine.

Except I can't restore apps from TiBa. When I click on apps to restore, it just keeps trying but can't restore any apps.

Any clue?

Have you tried uninstalling Titanium and then installing it again from the market?

jellywobbles

May 21, 2009
Fareham
All sorted!

If I were you, I would download a stock (unrooted) image and flash that via NVFLash. This WILL overwrite EVERYTHING though, including all user data.

But, it's the best way to get "back to factory" as in completely re-writes every partition.

@ mattmanwrx & jtrosky

I am sorted - thanks very much for your help.

I kinda did what jtrosky suggested & I used this remedy at Tabletroms

This took me back to HC Build of 8.6.5.13.

Once I was up & running I rooted using ASUS Transformer Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal - great Video here

Then I installed a full rooted version of ICS with CWM from here

Bit long winded but I am back up & running without any data corruption.

I hope this may help any others that get into the same situation!

Cheers! :)

kukky

Sep 3, 2008
Bologna
damn....with docking connected the TF101 is unusefull...it reboots every 15 mins!!!:mad::mad:

hope asus will fix it!! hope developers will fix it!!!;):D

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
I didn't find that fix.
Yesterday I wanted to try again installing busybox, but I found that wi-fi was dead.
Same issue reported by other people. I was working the evening before, and then suddenly died.

I had to revert to stock ICS rooted, I will try again Revolver on next release, this one is unusable on my TF101. :(

A quick search on this forum and I eventually found it:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23011734&postcount=137

I can confirm that this works as I've done it a few times now. Yesterday I had to redo everything due to gtalk and Play store not working properly. I did factory reset and also manually wiped caches and formatted /system, /data, /staging partitions, then rebooted and entered back into recovery and flashed first, Revolver 4.0.0 RC1, then Revolver 4 removed apps, then flashed this ldc root fix. Rebooted and allowed Google to restore what it could, reinstalled my Amazon apps, then used Titanium to restore missing apps and data, rebooted, then used Titanium again to restore all of my apps data only and rebooted again. I now have Play store and gtalk working properly and TB working properly without the root access error.

Personally, I would avoid trying to update Busybox. I tried that once on a previous Revolver ROM. I tried to update from the Market and that screwed everything up, forcing me to re-flash everything again. There isn't anything wrong with the busybox included, that I know of and you can download root checker from the Market to verify both your root access and if busybox is installed correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulReaver75

fsxpilot

Aug 16, 2009
Virginia Beach
No GPS

Just flashed your latest ICS ROM and now my GPS isn't working. Tried a reboot but it was of no help. The GPS shows Zero satellite reception. Is there a fix?

SoulReaver75

Jul 1, 2011
Piacenza
A quick search on this forum and I eventually found it:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23011734&postcount=137

I can confirm that this works as I've done it a few times now. Yesterday I had to redo everything due to gtalk and Play store not working properly. I did factory reset and also manually wiped caches and formatted /system, /data, /staging partitions, then rebooted and entered back into recovery and flashed first, Revolver 4.0.0 RC1, then Revolver 4 removed apps, then flashed this ldc root fix. Rebooted and allowed Google to restore what it could, reinstalled my Amazon apps, then used Titanium to restore missing apps and data, rebooted, then used Titanium again to restore all of my apps data only and rebooted again. I now have Play store and gtalk working properly and TB working properly without the root access error.

Personally, I would avoid trying to update Busybox. I tried that once on a previous Revolver ROM. I tried to update from the Market and that screwed everything up, forcing me to re-flash everything again. There isn't anything wrong with the busybox included, that I know of and you can download root checker from the Market to verify both your root access and if busybox is installed correctly.

Thank you, I will try again.

taptotap

Dec 16, 2011
GPS wont work on ICS...
works only with wifi...
a fix from ASUS.... maybe..

my gps is working fine.... not sure why your's wouldn't... did you try things like gps test to see what kind of/if any signals you can pick up? also, it sometimes takes a few minutes to get a lock, but once it does it gets faster....

gl!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features
    • Fast AS HELL
    • Deodexed
    • Speed up & optimizations
    • Lot of plugins in Revolver Parts (not now, in the future)
    • Face unlock
    • Advanced power dialog

FAQs
    • What's the actual version?
      In the second part of the thread's name you can find both the numeric version and the code-version. The former is expressed in this way: branch.version[.subversion]. Usually a subversion consists of a bugfix release. The latter is expressed in this way: AABC[D], where AA is the Android version on which the firmware is based (for example HC or IC), B is the hexadecimal value of the branch, C is the hexadecimal value of the version and D is the hexadecimal value of the subversion.
    • I want to increase the sensitivity of the touchscreen. What could I do?
      There is an app for that. Give a look here
    • Guys I can't download anything from Revolver Parts, what could I do?
      Sometimes server can have some problems; however if you can't download from the app you can manually download the packages from the Revolver repository.
    • Will Cornerstone be integrated in this ROM?
      NO, NO DAMNED CORNERSTONE WILL BE ADDED. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. ASK GOD TO DO THIS INSTEAD OF CLUTTERING THIS THREAD. STOP ASKING IT.

Licensing
    Revolver ROM, Revolver Parts and Revolver plugins (the one done by me) are distributed under Creative Commons 3 BY-NC-ND license. If you want to use a part of my work, please send me a PM and ask for permissions.
    You may not use ROMs component, Revolver Parts plugins and other stuff done by me working hard hours without asking for permission, that's it.
    More details on the license:
    Don't worry guys, I'm releasing a new version within the end of this week, and Revolver Parts 4 will come soon ;)
    I'm working on the latest Asus update, please, some patience!