[Q] Help: No matter what rom I try, my One has battery drain and heats up

Search This thread

Umair Kamil

Jul 7, 2014
Dear all,

No matter what rom I use, my Oneplus One doesn't last longer than a day. I can't get more than a total of 1 day of usage from the Oneplus One and if I use it heavily, say playing Clash of Clans and multitasking, my battery drains at around 15% an hour. Is this normal and am I just being paranoid? Could there be a hardware defect with my phone? :/

The battery drains too quickly and the phone tends to heat up quite frequently; below is a list of roms I have used:
- Calkulins 1.2
- Calkulins 1.2 with Franco Kernel
- Parandroid
- Parandroid with Franco Kernel
- Stock CM11 (XNPH25R) untouched, unrooted
- Stock CM11 (XN300) with Franco Kernel
- Mahdi Rom

All of the Roms functioned and performed beautifully, with Calkulins 1.2 being at the top. But the battery continues to drain immensely.

Please note:
My Oneplus One is the Chinese Variant
Each time I flash a rom, I wipe everything: System, Data, Internal Storage, Cace, Dalvik
I use sideload to flash my roms

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you're using the device heavily with screen on constantly for an hour, 15% drain isn't that bad. That's equate to about 6-7 hours of screen on time under heavy use, which is pretty decent.

Transmitted via Bacon

Umair Kamil

Jul 7, 2014
If you're using the device heavily with screen on constantly for an hour, 15% drain isn't that bad. That's equate to about 6-7 hours of screen on time under heavy use, which is pretty decent.

Transmitted via Bacon

What about drain on idle? 9% per hour. Barely used. Just whatsapp from time to time?

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Agreed to what timmaaa said, just because some people get more hours than you doesn't mean your phone is defective.
As you said in OP, you played a game called Clash of Clans. I played Candy Saga and even that game drains a lot of battery, games drain more battery its just how it is. Battery life is perfectly fine, signal plays a huge role too. The better signal you have, the better battery life and vice versa.

Just ensure that you don't have any wakelocks (using BBS/Gsam/Wakelock Detector) and that your phone deep sleeps and you're fine. Besides, I don't see the need to not charge the phone after a day's use anyway.

Umair Kamil

Jul 7, 2014
Agreed to what timmaaa said, just because some people get more hours than you doesn't mean your phone is defective.
As you said in OP, you played a game called Clash of Clans. I played Candy Saga and even that game drains a lot of battery, games drain more battery its just how it is. Battery life is perfectly fine, signal plays a huge role too. The better signal you have, the better battery life and vice versa.

Just ensure that you don't have any wakelocks (using BBS/Gsam/Wakelock Detector) and that your phone deep sleeps and you're fine. Besides, I don't see the need to not charge the phone after a day's use anyway.

How do I ensure my phone goes into deep sleep for sure? Note that I'm not using any third party application for the lock screen, just the stock lock screen.

Current Rom and Kernel: Calkilin 1.2 + Franco r13 Kernel