[Q] Custom Camera Shutter Sound on Rooted Note 3

Search This thread

Khelgarion

Oct 11, 2013
I have searched and searched for a way to change to a custom shutter sound and the AT&T Note 3 (not turn it off)

Most posts on shutter sounds are on how to turn them on or off, but I'm changing all my system sounds to a more sci-fi feel, but I am stumped on this one.

I am rooted and have access to all the system/media/audio/ui/.ogg file and have managed to remove and alter all camera sound files there to
what I wanted.

The problem I'm running into is the new sound files work with seemingly every option of the camera except:

Back camera w/o flash

I can't figure out where the sound file would be other than the above dir causing the stock sound to open.

My question is....

Is there some other directory besides system/media/audio/ui that would have shutter sound files and if not, any idea how or why the stock sound is being played even though I renamed them all and moved them to my extSd.

Thanks

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
Im in the same boat let me know if you find any solution i will return the favor .

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I figured it out you have to use same file for every sound that has to do with camera ,so if you have camera click.ogg and camera_multiple_click.ogg and so forth you have to use same file just rename it same as whats in ui folder and set permissions to be same as previous 0644 or rw r r

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app