[Q] Note Stuck in Bootloop

Search This thread

rompip

Aug 9, 2008
Düsseldorf
Good evening,
I have a N7000 with Stock ROM 4.1.2 and the phone is rooted. Today after a periode of time I started the phone and it did the usual updated, including the Superuser.
After the update it freezed and in rebooted it pressing the power and home button. Ever since then I end up in a bootloop with reboots. I still can enter into recovery (Philz 6.0.3.1), however if I delete for example Dalvik cache the phone reboots (don't know if it ends the operation, or if it fails).
I am afraid that the bootloop is caused by the SU, however I am not sure.
I would need some advice, how the exit from the bootloop. Do I need to redo the rooting and install the SU?
Thanks for any suggestions.
:good:

JulGer01

Jan 17, 2014
If you did the backup in recovery, it should work... But I'm not that experienced either!

gesendet mit Tapatalk

rompip

Aug 9, 2008
Düsseldorf
OK, I would give it a try....later today. Maybe any other suggestions instead?
Can I reinstall SU in the recovery?

Last edited:

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
may be try this..
boot into recovery and make a nandroid backup, then choose clean before new rom install. After its completed restore the nandroid backup and see what happens.

rompip

Aug 9, 2008
Düsseldorf
may be try this..
boot into recovery and make a nandroid backup, then choose clean before new rom install. After its completed restore the nandroid backup and see what happens.

Thx. I did the backup, however as mentioned before it seems not to finish the operation and reboots instead. The date of the backup is shown as 2000-01-01...which looks quit wired to me. Time set in recovery is not ok either, but this might be due to taking off the battery earlier today.
I can try to restore my old backup but what would happen if it fails?

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
The date is not right because of the battery pull. Why does it not finish the backup? Any errors? Try an advanced backup of data partition only and see what happens.
If everything using recovery fails then you can use Odin method to flash a stock firmware..

rompip

Aug 9, 2008
Düsseldorf
The date is not right because of the battery pull. Why does it not finish the backup? Any errors? Try an advanced backup of data partition only and see what happens.
If everything using recovery fails then you can use Odin method to flash a stock firmware..

Flashing with ODIN was what I thought as well. Does it matter if I upgrade from N7000XXLT4 to N7000XXLT5?
Should I do a factory reset from recovery first?
Sorry for the dumb q's...

Thx.

rompip

Aug 9, 2008
Düsseldorf
Solved

If you did the backup in recovery, it should work... But I'm not that experienced either!

gesendet mit Tapatalk

@JulGer01: Thanks indeed I used the Backup I had and restored as suggested. Every seems to be fine now. Thanks all for supporting.

@ all: ALWAYS DO NANDROID BACKUP...IT SAVES A LOT OF TIME WHEN EXPERIANCING ISSUES WITH THE PHONE!!!

:good:

Reactions: JulGer01

JulGer01

Jan 17, 2014
Btw. On the 03.16.nightly even video recording is working again. Gets better and better! [emoji122][emoji146]

gesendet mit Tapatalk

saadkhan230

Mar 19, 2012
Riyadh
Flashing with ODIN was what I thought as well. Does it matter if I upgrade from N7000XXLT4 to N7000XXLT5?
Should I do a factory reset from recovery first?
Sorry for the dumb q's...

Thx.

Here is an extract from Philz Recovery available at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901191 that will help you with the confusion.

What kernel to choose:
The important part is the Kernel code:
XWLPX-NEE
Kernel code is in red (LPX), for this example, you need an LPX ROM. However, often, you can mix kernels when they are close: LPF kernel with LPG ROM...
NEE code doesn't matter at all, I add it for reference. It is the CSC
XW: mixed, often doesn't matter for close regions. For example, XW and XX are often interchangeable. However, mixing a BU with an XW ROM or inversly, sometimes works, but often ends in a bootloop. In that case, either boot into recovery or download mode to reflash

Anything with N7000X-LT- will work fine, the latest rom is XXLTC, which you can get from samfirmware.com.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts