ThL W200S - Flashlight Dimmed/Weaked Issue

Search This thread

RSGI

Nov 18, 2013
Hi all

A couple a weeks ago i've downloaded a rom ported from Note3 to W200s @ needrom.com [W200S_N3.zip].
It seemed to be a nice one, until i tested the Torch app. As i opened the app and on the flashlight, turned the back of the phone to me, i watched clearly the flashlight dimmed before my eyes.
At first i didn't care much about it, just thought that when i flashed my twrp backup it would all back to normal...
But no... The flashlight is dimmed since then, despite all my attemps....
Here you so, some of my fails :(
- Flashed StockROM - Still dimmed
- Flashed all the W200S ROMs available - Still dimmed
- Edit the scatter-file to include hidden partitions
misc.img, pro_info, seccfg, expdb, protect_f, protect_s
Got a hold at another w200s, backup those partitions and flashed them all... Still dimmed

Right now, i'm running out of ideas...
But, before i send my phone to replace the flashlight LED, i'm creating this thread as my last hope...
I know there's other users out there that happend this, i saw their reports on the site...
However, the user who posted the ROM, deleted it. So the issue was silenced....

Plz, lets gather here and try to find a fix for this issue... if there is one...

Thanks

Admins:
I apologize if the thread isn't on the right place...
If possible, move it to the thread to its right spot, thanks

ntonik

Jun 17, 2014
same problem

Hello

I have the same problem with the same ROM(W200S_N3.zip).

I have done the same things

-Flashed StockROM - Still dimmed
-Flashed all the W200S ROM's available - Still dimmed

I have contacted with the site from which I have purchased the mobile but they only replied that I should try another programm for the flash. The only thing that I need is to find the specs of the flash ion order to find the same one and replace it.

RSGI

Nov 18, 2013
Hello

I have the same problem with the same ROM(W200S_N3.zip).

I have done the same things

-Flashed StockROM - Still dimmed
-Flashed all the W200S ROM's available - Still dimmed

I have contacted with the site from which I have purchased the mobile but they only replied that I should try another programm for the flash. The only thing that I need is to find the specs of the flash ion order to find the same one and replace it.

Thanks for the reply.
Plz let me know if you find the correct app to fix this.
I've tried lots of torch apps from google store without any sucess

Try this app zTorch, it may give you the info that you need...

RSGI

Nov 18, 2013
Last breath spark

Jimboy085 on 06/26/2014 @ said:
needrom.com
Hello sir……is your camera flash okay already?…i wanna try this on my thl w200s..

ntonik on 06/28/2014 @ said:
needrom.com
hello my friend
i take my phone to a repair shop for the led light problem but doesn't fix it because in the led dont write the specs
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45123429/10510252_10204282857978283_680318111_n.jpg
i hope i help you with photo but dont know what else to do for the phone

hello guys
Hope you join me here
and don't mind the quotes :)

ntonik
after reading your post i've made some research and came up up with this:

Kevin TeslaCoil @ said:
stackoverflow.com
HTC has an alternative API that supports this, however it's only on HTC Sense devices, and as of Gingerbread they've changed the permissions so it's only for their Flashlight app, not third party ones (unless you use root).

But on 2.2 HTC devices you can use it by writing a string to /sys/devices/platform/flashlight.0/leds/flashlight/brightness. This controls if the LED is on and how bright it is. For maximum brightness write "128\n", half brightness write "64\n". Easy to test from adb shell:

echo "128" > /sys/devices/platform/flashlight.0/leds/flashlight/brightness
And finally turn it off by writing "0\n" there.

So it seems to be possible to change the brightness of the flashled.
Of course this info is for a competely diferent device with yet another android version...
But i'm pretty that we should have a similar folder and file on our phones that can allow this... maybe where the flashlight app itself changed the settings...

I need your help to find out this file...
I'm using a root file explorer and still didn't find anything similar...

Lets try this one last time before throw our phones against some wall...

fraktal

Oct 26, 2007
hello guys
Hope you join me here
and don't mind the quotes :)

ntonik
after reading your post i've made some research and came up up with this:

So it seems to be possible to change the brightness of the flashled.
Of course this info is for a competely diferent device with yet another android version...
But i'm pretty that we should have a similar folder and file on our phones that can allow this... maybe where the flashlight app itself changed the settings...

I need your help to find out this file...
I'm using a root file explorer and still didn't find anything similar...

Lets try this one last time before throw our phones against some wall...

I have the same issue but mine doesn't work at all.

There's a /sys/class/flashlightdrv/kd_camera_flashlight and a /sys/devices/platform/kd_camera_flashlight.0 (which might actually be the same directory) but it doesn't have a brightness entry. I'm going to return my W200S for one where the flash works :(