[Q] updating firmware on rooted htc evo 4g

Search This thread

cobra.kai420

May 28, 2011
Im having problems with service , I have updated my prl and my 3g is horrible and I only have one bar any suggestions on how to fic this. someone told me to update my firmware but im worried that it will remove my root any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated!! thanks a million!!:eek:

mattykinsx

Jul 7, 2010
Im having problems with service , I have updated my prl and my 3g is horrible and I only have one bar any suggestions on how to fic this. someone told me to update my firmware but im worried that it will remove my root any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated!! thanks a million!!:eek:

Updating your firmware isn't going to resolve an issue like that.

Is this a new issue?
Have you called Sprint?
Maybe there is an outage in your area.

cobra.kai420

May 28, 2011
Yes I've called sprint, they haven't been much help there is no outage and this so called "dead zone" is only at my home and basically there is nothing they can do to help me this is so frustrating! !!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

mattykinsx

Jul 7, 2010
Yes I've called sprint, they haven't been much help there is no outage and this so called "dead zone" is only at my home and basically there is nothing they can do to help me this is so frustrating! !!

Is this a new issue?
They can provide you with an airrave if its only at your home

cobra.kai420

May 28, 2011
It isn't a new issue, but my neighbors have sprint they have a evo and evolution slide and good coverage.

mawksdept

Jun 16, 2011
Did you flash or update to the latest radio 2.15.00.0808.

I'm too newb to post a link, but there is a zip on post 2725 that worked good for me. Increased my signal and speeds, not sure if it will help you or not.

All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=715485&page=273

Oh, I guess I can link now...

Last edited:

ak074

May 11, 2011
Yes, they told me about it and said it would be $150.00.

call them again. i got mine last week totally free. i didnt have to threaten to cancel or anything like that. i just asked about it and they said that they would send one right out. 2 weeks later...full bars.