jellyverse_zps2462fc58.jpg

[SIZE=+2]
This thread has been created for people to share issues, question and help
while using this version of​
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+3]JELLYVERSE[/SIZE]

PLEASE make sure to thank Shadow_God here for the dedication to this ROM

*​

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non-development related chatter

There is an Off Topic thread here for members not discussing issues or seeking help in the installation, maintenance, or general use of Jellyverse. Please direct any and all Off Topic posts there.

[SIZE=+3]INDEX OF POSTS

Post 1. Introduction

Post 2. FAQ

Post 3 - 5. Useful Information and Instructions[/SIZE]​

Last edited:

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055950
FAQ

Q Where can I download and How do I install?

A You can find the links to download and Installation instructions here. Pay close attention to this post, everything required for a successful flash is listed right here. If you fail to follow the instructions or meet the requirements for installation, you could run into some problems.

Q What are the known issues with this ROM?

A Right now there doesn’t appear to be any specific to this ROM. List will be updated as issues are found.

Q Are there any mods/tweaks available for this ROM?

A Yes, you can find a list of compatible mods/tweaks here and here

Q How’s battery life?

A I see this question asked repeatedly across all ROMS. Honestly there is no way to give you an answer based on a ROM. There are too many variables in question and results vary from user to user and device to device. Battery life is going to depend on age and condition of your battery, your use habits with your device, installed apps, tweaks, settings, etc...

Q How do I make a nand recovery?

A There is a very informative thread created by Timmetal6669 found here

Q Where can I find the newest JB recoveries?

A Right here be sure to thank Garwynn for all his hard work while you're there ;)

Q How do I...

A Ask your questions and report your issues in this thread. You will receive a response and hopefully get you back up and running this ROM to its fullest :D

Last edited:

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Useful Information/ Tips & Tricks

There is a list of useful information that may help you here

Guide to properly flashing a jb ROM is here
Thanks g_ding :D

How to flash mods/tweaks properly

Code:
[COLOR=Red][b]THIS METHOD REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE EITHER MOBILE ODIN OR PC ODIN[/b][/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Others/Odin-3.shtml"]PC ODIN DOWNLOAD[/URL]
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899"]MOBILE ODIN DOWNLOAD[/URL]

1. Download the mod of your choice

2. Download a safe recovery or Repack kernel (if you don't already have one) These can be found [URL="http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung%20Galaxy%20S2%20%28Sprint%29%20%28SPH-D710%29/Kernels"]here[/URL], make sure to grab a stock kernel in zip format while you're there!

3. Using the Odin method of your choice, flash your custom recovery

4. After your phone boots, boot into recovery by holding power and vol down simultaneously until the recovery screen comes up  (EL29 Directboot makes this step unnecessary}

5. Navigate the menu to clear Cache and Dalvik Cache 

6. Navigate to the menu to your desired mod and flash

7. After flashing is complete, navigate through the menu to your stock kernel and flash

8. Reboot and enjoy your new toy ;)

What is ADB and how do I use it?
FULL ADB GUIDE

What is a wakelock and how do I get rid of them?
This is the most involved and comprehensive guide I have ever seen on XDA involving wakelocks, if you're having problems with wakelocks, please go here and read posts 1-3 it will help you tremendously! Make sure you thank this guy as he obviously spent tons of time on this guide
T.J. BENDERS FULL GUIDE TO WAKELOCKS

Is there a reference somewhere to explain all the different kernel governors and I/O schedulers?
Governors, I/O Schedulers and more reference

Video Walkthrough Flashing/Installing Custom Recovery

How to get, read and understand a logcat/ troubleshoot your own issues Check this thread out

List will be updated as more are discovered

Last edited:

g_ding84

May 15, 2012
Rochester, NY
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Reactions: g_ding84

g_ding84

May 15, 2012
Rochester, NY
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Re: [Q&A]{ROM}{JB}{Shadow God}Presentz Jellyverse : Q&A/Troubleshooting {GB27}

Edited post to reflect the inclusion of your guide :good:

And I know you know what a ROM is LOL, just don't think you can be wise without getting some back :p ;)

I wonder if this could be stickied.
Seems kind of important.

Oh I know. Lol I deserve it. :) :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
I wonder if this could be stickied.
Seems kind of important.

Oh I know. Lol I deserve it. :) :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Mods already know about this guide, I saw the idea in RC forum, and cleared it with both Shadow and Jay before posting. I don't think it'll get stickied, I think the idea is more that if this becomes a viable, efficient thread, that other developers will follow suit for their ROMS.
If they do that, then link in their OP at top and bottom of OP then there shouldn't be anymore clutter in development:highfive:

keeepinitgansta

May 15, 2007
I believe this is what you want to edit:thumbup:

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

So I've made the changes to the csc feature.xml file, made sure permissions were set exactly as before, rebooted and still no change. The MMS compression remains at a low 100kb compression. Any additional advice for me? Thanks again Stryke

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
So I've made the changes to the csc feature.xml file, made sure permissions were set exactly as before, rebooted and still no change. The MMS compression remains at a low 100kb compression. Any additional advice for me? Thanks again Stryke

Ok, try this. Go to messaging>settings - scroll down to MMS settings > Creation mode > Change from free to restricted

If this doesn't work, I'll see what I can do with the messaging app:good:

keeepinitgansta

May 15, 2007
Ok, try this. Go to messaging>settings - scroll down to MMS settings > Creation mode > Change from free to restricted

If this doesn't work, I'll see what I can do with the messaging app:good:

I dont have the creation mode setting with jellyverse, nor have I seen it in stock rom either. See image below.

Attachments

• shot_000003.jpg
    shot_000003.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 218

btoddweber

Jan 10, 2013
Knoxville

So flashing this won't overide comadose or is there no point if already having flashed the comadose tweaks?? Sorry if bad question but saw this in the dev thread but moved here in keeping with the requests.
Great idea for the thread..makes it neater and more stream lined.
Thanks again

sent from a ComAdosed Jellyverse E4GT

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20

So flashing this won't overide comadose or is there no point if already having flashed the comadose tweaks?? Sorry if bad question but saw this in the dev thread but moved here in keeping with the requests.
Great idea for the thread..makes it neater and more stream lined.
Thanks again

No this won't affect init.d scripts, so you're safe to flash with comadose:thumbup:

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

btoddweber

Jan 10, 2013
Knoxville

Will the system mod from kobridge gb27 work with jelly? Really like the signal icons.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+3]This thread has been created strictly for
    Questions & Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

jellyverse_zps2462fc58.jpg

[SIZE=+2]
    This thread has been created for people to share issues, question and help
    while using this version of​
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+3]JELLYVERSE[/SIZE]

PLEASE make sure to thank Shadow_God here for the dedication to this ROM

*​

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non-development related chatter

There is an Off Topic thread here for members not discussing issues or seeking help in the installation, maintenance, or general use of Jellyverse. Please direct any and all Off Topic posts there.

[SIZE=+3]INDEX OF POSTS

Post 1. Introduction

Post 2. FAQ

Post 3 - 5. Useful Information and Instructions[/SIZE]​
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055950
    FAQ

Q Where can I download and How do I install?

A You can find the links to download and Installation instructions here. Pay close attention to this post, everything required for a successful flash is listed right here. If you fail to follow the instructions or meet the requirements for installation, you could run into some problems.

Q What are the known issues with this ROM?

A Right now there doesn’t appear to be any specific to this ROM. List will be updated as issues are found.

Q Are there any mods/tweaks available for this ROM?

A Yes, you can find a list of compatible mods/tweaks here and here

Q How’s battery life?

A I see this question asked repeatedly across all ROMS. Honestly there is no way to give you an answer based on a ROM. There are too many variables in question and results vary from user to user and device to device. Battery life is going to depend on age and condition of your battery, your use habits with your device, installed apps, tweaks, settings, etc...

Q How do I make a nand recovery?

A There is a very informative thread created by Timmetal6669 found here

Q Where can I find the newest JB recoveries?

A Right here be sure to thank Garwynn for all his hard work while you're there ;)

Q How do I...

A Ask your questions and report your issues in this thread. You will receive a response and hopefully get you back up and running this ROM to its fullest :D
    Useful Information/ Tips & Tricks

There is a list of useful information that may help you here

Guide to properly flashing a jb ROM is here
    Thanks g_ding :D

How to flash mods/tweaks properly

Code:
    [COLOR=Red][b]THIS METHOD REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE EITHER MOBILE ODIN OR PC ODIN[/b][/COLOR]
    [URL="http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Others/Odin-3.shtml"]PC ODIN DOWNLOAD[/URL]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899"]MOBILE ODIN DOWNLOAD[/URL]

1. Download the mod of your choice

2. Download a safe recovery or Repack kernel (if you don't already have one) These can be found [URL="http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung%20Galaxy%20S2%20%28Sprint%29%20%28SPH-D710%29/Kernels"]here[/URL], make sure to grab a stock kernel in zip format while you're there!

3. Using the Odin method of your choice, flash your custom recovery

4. After your phone boots, boot into recovery by holding power and vol down simultaneously until the recovery screen comes up  (EL29 Directboot makes this step unnecessary}

5. Navigate the menu to clear Cache and Dalvik Cache 

6. Navigate to the menu to your desired mod and flash

7. After flashing is complete, navigate through the menu to your stock kernel and flash

8. Reboot and enjoy your new toy ;)

What is ADB and how do I use it?
    FULL ADB GUIDE

What is a wakelock and how do I get rid of them?
    This is the most involved and comprehensive guide I have ever seen on XDA involving wakelocks, if you're having problems with wakelocks, please go here and read posts 1-3 it will help you tremendously! Make sure you thank this guy as he obviously spent tons of time on this guide
    T.J. BENDERS FULL GUIDE TO WAKELOCKS

Is there a reference somewhere to explain all the different kernel governors and I/O schedulers?
    Governors, I/O Schedulers and more reference

Video Walkthrough Flashing/Installing Custom Recovery

How to get, read and understand a logcat/ troubleshoot your own issues Check this thread out

List will be updated as more are discovered
    this ROM is the dog's danglies! And by that I mean RIDICULOUSLY-INSANELY-AWESOME!

I don't have any question to post. I am just stating the facts people!

:victory:
    How do you keep track of your backups?
    I tried using es file manager to rename them but got a md5 error.
    Thanks

Check out this thread, easy solution-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2390010

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png