Stuck in Recovery

Search This thread

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Let me start off by saying I apologize if this is posted somewhere already.

Here's my situation. A couple days ago I lgflashed back to stock. All went well. I then rooted and installed TWRP. No issues at all. I didn't take an update, modify the stock ROM or even flash another ROM. Just ran stock rooted. Today, I pick my phone up, go to turn it on and I'm in recovery. No big deal, right? Well I can't get out of TWRP. My backups are still showing, but when I restore it and reboot the phone I'm right back in recovery.

I can't get into download mode either. Not sure what happened and everything was fine earlier in the day. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm back up and running. I used this thread HERE and did the command through TWRP.

As long as you have a ROM on the phone, you should be good to go.

Tried it but it didn't work :\.....
Mine is stuck in fastboot mode whenever I try to reboot it into recovery :( what files are missing? Anyone know why whenever I reboot it into recovery it boots fastboot instead? Any help would be much appreciated

cccho

Oct 24, 2010
If you stuck in fastboot mode. Just push
laf file through fastboot to your phone.

Sent from my LG-F320L using xda app-developers app

mrm43

May 28, 2012
I'm back up and running. I used this thread HERE and did the command through TWRP.

I'm so glad your back up and running again. I've been following your thread. And thanks for sharing the fix.

Does that mean that without your knowledge, your phone may have probably automatically updated itself (OTA) when you left your phone overnight? That's why you were stucked in recovery? Because it seems so odd that you didn't do anything wrong and it suddenly behaved that way. And I have read somewhere here that OTA just installed itself automatically without user intervention. So confusing if that did happen. How is that even possible?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: droidiac13

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
I'm so glad your back up and running again. I've been following your thread. And thanks for sharing the fix.

Does that mean that without your knowledge, your phone may have probably automatically updated itself (OTA) when you left your phone overnight? That's why you were stucked in recovery? Because it seems so odd that you didn't do anything wrong and it suddenly behaved that way. And I have read somewhere here that OTA just installed itself automatically without user intervention. So confusing if that did happen. How is that even possible?

I can only guess that it updated by itself. I really don't know what else it could be.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I should also say that adb doesn't recognize my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm in your same boat right now, working on a buddy's phone cept when i formatted phone to stick a rom on it the nandroid i made got file 13'd
    I'm in your same boat right now, working on a buddy's phone cept when i formatted phone to stick a rom on it the nandroid i made got file 13'd

If you stuck in fastboot mode. Just push
    laf file through fastboot to your phone.

Sent from my LG-F320L using xda app-developers app

Got it up and running by downloading the FreeGee app from play store and installing TWRp that way. I had tried it before just didnt stick the first time
    I can only guess that it updated by itself. I really don't know what else it could be.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Yes it might seem that way. Thanks