[Q] Updating to 4.4.3 using OTA, System Update or Flash?

Search This thread

creizlein

Jun 11, 2014
Im currently running a rooted Nexus 5 with PA 4.2-BETA5, of course with Android 4.4.2

Guess its time to update now, and 4.4-RC1 just came out, but im certainly not secure how to proceed.

Right now, in my phone im getting alerts that, from one side PA 4.4-RC1 is available but also i have notifies of the Stock Android version 4.4.3 is ready to download and install...

Which one should i install? should i apply the Stock 4.4.3 first and then the OTA PA 4.4? or just the OTA PA 4.4?
i also heard that im suposed to flash the radio/modem, is that true? if so, can someone please clarify?

Sorry if all these sound n00b questions but im not familiar with this yet.

Regards

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
You can't apply a stock ota on top of a ROM and our system alert is telling you there is a ROM update. I don't see how you can get an alert from google about an update.

Sent from my Nexus 5

creizlein

Jun 11, 2014
Well, what can i say? i got it, and it was there for the last 3 days, annoying, since it cant even be disabled
a workaround was the disable the notification of google play services, which i did
I heard same stuff happened to CM rom were users where getting the default google stock notification about 4.4.3 being ready to download.

now i have updated to PA 4.4-RC1 and everything is fine.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
And you didn't happen to catch a screenshot? Obviously if there is something we missed in the update section we want to clear it up....

Sent from my Nexus 5

creizlein

Jun 11, 2014
I did not take any screenshot, sorry, but i can guarantee you it was the default room notification, a new system update is available, bla bla bla, 4.4.3 press the download button to start, and i also recall that the size was something like 93MB, 93.xx , cant remember the last 2 digits.

I never had a chance to look into the PA source code, but at least in the 4.2-beta5 which was the build i had running yesterday the default google OTA check was not disabled, and we all know that google release it so its normal to get the notification

I assume it would be just a matter of flash a device with PA 4.2-beta5 and give it a try, i was using hammerhead, a nexus 5 device...