[Q] Typical price for a R800a

Search This thread

krillin

Jan 22, 2008
Hey guys. I was planning on picking up a r800a. This may sound like a silly question but what is considered a good price for these? I've been checking out different sellers online and I've seen prices as high as $600. I know that a few of you have picked up from private sellers. Would you mind telling me the price you paid? If you don't want to post in this thread you can PM me. Thanks a lot!

The_Newtype

May 23, 2011
Orlando
Hey guys. I was planning on picking up a r800a. This may sound like a silly question but what is considered a good price for these? I've been checking out different sellers online and I've seen prices as high as $600. I know that a few of you have picked up from private sellers. Would you mind telling me the price you paid? If you don't want to post in this thread you can PM me. Thanks a lot!

I personally picked a new one up around two months ago for around $500, but I believe the phone is worth about $400-$450 now (in mint condition with all accessories + some extras). $600 is a little steep for this device at this stage in the game.

Reactions: krillin

krillin

Jan 22, 2008
I personally picked a new one up around two months ago for around $500, but I believe the phone is worth about $400-$450 now (in mint condition with all accessories + some extras). $600 is a little steep for this device at this stage in the game.

Thanks for the info. Is there any difference between the r800a from Canada (rogers) vs the r800a from the Google IO conference?

Deoxlar

Dec 19, 2009
Don't buy from private seller of its going to cost that much... Warranty is way better when you buy from big companies. Any problems, they let you change and refund without hassle.

Sent from my XPlay using XDA App.

krillin

Jan 22, 2008
Dont buy the r800a rogers model they are factory locked

I thought I read somewhere that it can be unlocked to work with ATT? Well, it doesn't matter, I just picked up the dev model from someone that attended the Google I/O conference. I turned it on but haven't really used it yet. I'm waiting for my phantom skinz protector to arrive.

sdlaurin

May 1, 2011
Sorry i mean the bootloader is factory locked. Still a good phone but only half as good as unlockable plays. Rogers phone = no custom roms, no overclocking, no custom kernals.

Reactions: swebosdev

krillin

Jan 22, 2008
Sorry i mean the bootloader is factory locked. Still a good phone but only half as good as unlockable plays. Rogers phone = no custom roms, no overclocking, no custom kernals.

Wow. I guess I lucked out then. I almost bought the Rogers version. Hmm... I could have sworn that the bootloader was unlockable though. I don't plan on rooting any time soon so I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
there is a way to unlock rogers bootloader already its not free but whatever its not that big a deal and plus Ive read around the arc forum that Blagus is working on a way to unlock too for factory bootloader locked phones he also said it wouldnt be free but it would be really cheap. so yea thats where that sits check arc forum lots have done it already and more are about to do it :):)

Reapman

Oct 5, 2010
I bought my Play through EBay for about $320 myself - of course wasn't new but came with everything plus a case. I almost had one that went $375 came with the docking station.

Rogers based - paid $15 to get it unlocked for other networks (not unlocked bootloader) and rooted. Currently running the UK Rom.

otacon91

Sep 21, 2010
Newark
I just purchased a Xperia Play myself for Verizon for $150 which I thought was a great price considering the ESN was clean and the potential the phone has. Loving it so far.

Mael5trom

Jun 15, 2010
afaik only telstra units and google io units are unlockable, i paid $445AU for my new telstra unit about a month ago.

i wasnt sure that the bootloader would be unlockable when i bought it, but i had the feeling it would be based on telstras history since they operate the only 850mhz network in australia..anyways, it paid off....damn happy.

krillin

Jan 22, 2008
^^ cool!

Yeah, I'm just waiting for my skin protector to come in before I start playing with the phone.

I also noticed that letstalk.com is offering the Verizon xperia play for $0 with 2yr new activation, if anyone is interested in that.

Back to protectors; I heard that all SE xperia phones have some sort of film on the glass that can be peeled off. Are they meant to be left on? I am just wondering if I should peel it off before applying my skin protector on it.

Reapman

Oct 5, 2010
I paid $30 at a kiosk to get my phone protection (full body) I heard there's a film on them but not sure what the scoop was. Mine was used but 90% sure previous owner didn't remove any protection on it and my new screen protection hasn't caused any issues whatsoever. I'd say your PROBABLY safe but hopefully someone else knows better then I :)

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dont buy the r800a rogers model they are factory locked