[ROM][Vision][21-05-2012][Virtuous Primadonna v1.21.0 Alpha 3] Sense 4A - 4.0.3

Search This thread

szturchen_pl

Nov 2, 2006
Zywiec
Thank you, but i spoke about NATIONAL roaming like cheap providers are doing it. I needed to tweak Virtuous 2.0.0 to work with national roaming without displaying the r and shut down the data connection. Because i'm running a mvno, it is very important for me that this is working...

National roaming is working (my provider uses networks of two other providers where no own infrastructure present) but it displays "R" when doing so. As for shutting down data connection you can turn that option off and still have internet when roaming (nationally or internationally) but have to be careful when leaving your country ;)

shortlived

Apr 4, 2009
My friend, i think your files are for sense 3.x or for gingerbread roms. those files doesnt exist in the system/usr/keylaout folder. So im sure you havent checked by yourself becouse you will realise that this rar doesn't fix the '?' prob. anyway, thanks for your try but is better before you post a fix to try it first like i did with fixes in post 3. a flashed/format the phone 20 times to check if are working or not. ;) (sry for my english)

I'm sorry it's not working for you. Can you try to see if it works on another language besides Korean?

The files exist on my phone. If you are looking at the ROM zip you will find them located at virtuous_primadonna-v1.12.0-alpha1.zip\devices\vision\system\usr\keylayout.

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
I'm sorry it's not working for you. Can you try to see if it works on another language besides Korean?

The files exist on my phone. If you are looking at the ROM zip you will find them located at virtuous_primadonna-v1.12.0-alpha1.zip\devices\vision\system\usr\keylayout.

so you are telling that with corean selected language in my phone the '?' will work? i will check it now.

shortlived

Apr 4, 2009
I hope you can tell me if it works. I know it works for english and german

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

viper2097

Feb 9, 2011
Stmk/Jdbg
www.modellfliegen.at.vu
National roaming is working (my provider uses networks of two other providers where no own infrastructure present) but it displays "R" when doing so. As for shutting down data connection you can turn that option off and still have internet when roaming (nationally or internationally) but have to be careful when leaving your country ;)

Thank you!
So i need to investigate this or forward it to the virtuous team...
This is a really annoying bug in android/htc roms, on every other device this is working without problems.
To turn on the data roaming is not a solution for me.
I found a hack for sense 2.1 roms to get national roaming work without the r and data roaming, (check my profile and look at the themes i started, then you will find it) i hope that i will be able to mod sense 4.0 roms also, altough it would be great if virtuous could include that from the beginning on in their roms... Samsung and cm is also able to do this...

A rom without correct working on national roaming is useless for me :(

Sent from my HTC Desire Z (Because of that, please don't mind the capitalization)

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
I hope you can tell me if it works. I know it works for english and german

CONFIRMED WORKS!
you did a mistake: you said in system/usr/keylayout not in devices/vision/system/usr/keylayout
im saying this becouse you must add the files before flash the rom becouse if you just copy dont work even if you set the wright permisions. THANK YOU!

shortlived

Apr 4, 2009
CONFIRMED WORKS!
you did a mistake: you said in system/usr/keylayout not in devices/vision/system/usr/keylayout
im saying this becouse you must add the files before flash the rom becouse if you just copy dont work even if you set the wright permisions. THANK YOU!

Glad to hear it! I was able to copy my files and have it working without flashing that way. Did you first mount /system? I forgot to mention that step.

I will attempt a flashable zip later today, hopefully that will help.

Reactions: masterismos

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
You should be able to put the file like this as I said before. No need to flash. Just using adb and busybox.
(change the paths/filenames as necessary ofc)

adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
busybox cp /sdcard/vision-keypad-tur.kcm.bin /system/usr/keychars/

shortlived

Apr 4, 2009
It important to note that there are two sets of files .kl and .kcm, as long as they match it will work. Ie is the .kl says key 214 is BUTTON_R2, then your .kcm needs to list BUTTON_R2 as ?. Some of the origonal files have it listed as QEUCHAR, which is fine as long as they are both listed that way.

Bottom line make sure you are changing the right file. If you dont want to use adb simply extract the file to your sdcard then cut and copy with your fav root explorer app. Make sure you first mount the /system as writable. Permissions should be fine but they need they need to be 644 and or rw- r-- r--. Reboot and it should work. Thats the process I did to make mine work.

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
It important to note that there are two sets of files .kl and .kcm, as long as they match it will work. Ie is the .kl says key 214 is BUTTON_R2, then your .kcm needs to list BUTTON_R2 as ?. Some of the origonal files have it listed as QEUCHAR, which is fine as long as they are both listed that way.

Bottom line make sure you are changing the right file. If you dont want to use adb simply extract the file to your sdcard then cut and copy with your fav root explorer app. Make sure you first mount the /system as writable. Permissions should be fine but they need they need to be 644 and or rw- r-- r--. Reboot and it should work. Thats the process I did to make mine work.

the problem is you must set permisions 1 by 1. i never understand how to make a flashable zip. if someone can do that will be great.

shortlived

Apr 4, 2009
Twitter fix flashable zip

Thanks goto mkwn for originally deodexing TwitterEngine.apk and Twitter_Client.apk. Thanks also to Twitter for Twitter.apk

Flash
Add twitter account to Friendstream
Goto market and update Twitter.apk (until I figure out why I can't copy my updated .apk....)

This has been tested to work on my G2, use at your own risk. While it should work for other phones I have none to test with.

Attachments

• signed_twitterfix.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: masterismos

Whippler

Apr 3, 2011
xda is pretty much the only rom dev site i follow so i wouldn't know nothing about these if they weren't copied here. But i would like to see some kind link collection of sites where there are roms for DZ.

shortlived

Apr 4, 2009
Interesting, download from the link. The attatchment didnt work for some reason. I will have to update the attatchment later

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why does he need to ask, guys? Did those who started threads about CM releases (I mean the official CM 7.1, nightlies, RCs etc not the unofficial CM-based ROMs) need to ask the CM team first?

It's not like he's claiming to be a developer, he's just passing on the info, and has said that if Virtuous want to start their own thread then he will stop updating this one.

No disrespect to the Virtuous team, but if they've decided (for whatever reason) not to post about their ROM on XDA, why shouldn't someone else be able to share ?

Sent from my Desire Z running CM7.
    Thanks to Jam182 for this mod.
    This mod will give you 7 homescreens instead of the stock 5 on sense 4a
    The default homescreen has changed to the 4th one (the middle)

DOWNLOAD
    flashable zip for "?" hw key. 100% works test it by me.
    Not a fix, but a temporary workaround for the ? Problem on the hw keyboard.

1. Download and install 'z arrow' free from the market (great free app anyhow)

2. Type and copy a ? using the sw keyboard

3. go to 'input special characters (code)'

4. Hit +, open hw keyboard, select the first box, hit ? Key. Box should say 224

5. Change the action to 'input character', paste the ? You copied earlier into the 2nd box.

6. Now, you can hit menu+? To type ?.

I have the app set to auto switch to z-arrow when I pull out the kb, so I never have to worry if it's running. It's not a perect solution, but it's better than nothing. It seems like keypress 224 just isn't mapped to anything. Maybe someone with a greater knowlege of coding than me can fix this for reals, but hopefully this workaround can help people until then.

Thread cleaned.
    From now on stay on topic!!