Is there a stable WM 6.5 ROM for the P3600 (NOT 3600i)?

Search This thread
D

doubleyou

Hi,
I have to flash the rom anyway (there are some strange things happening to my device, I fear it is hijacked). Since I am only an interested end user, not so much interested in testing :rolleyes:- I would like to know whether I should use one of the latest WM6.5 or a stable WM6.1 rom. I already have a 6.1 rom, but a quite early one ([english ROM LVSW_Trinity_WM6_v2.0.1.1 (2007-05-27)]) and thus not so reliable.
The first issue, however is, since I own a P3600 (400 MHz only) with ROM: 128 MB and RAM: 64 MB SDRA only, whether WM 6.5 would ever run stable on this device. Does anyone have a well founded opinion on this issue?

Anyway, what would be the most stable version?
From my side, no language preference, English would be as fine as German.

Thank you for any kind response!:)

mmringo

Feb 7, 2007
the both sent ROM is 6.5 and as i know it always Memery hungry . does anubody knows whis ROM is the best in 6.1?

goalex

Nov 24, 2007
Tulcea
the both sent ROM is 6.5 and as i know it always Memery hungry . does anubody knows whis ROM is the best in 6.1?

I use from 3 month now and i have no problem with FInixNOver 3.7.2 light, before i use FInixNOver 3.7.2 manilla and it work very good.I was change it becose in manilla i have 12 mb free memory and igo stops sometimes.

Last edited:

BoyWonder123

Aug 8, 2008
this is another vote for the FInixNOver 3.7.2 light rom, for stability you cant get anything better than this ... i've tried a lot of roms and have allways gone back to this one.

I've tried all the 6.5 version roms and to be honest mate ... dont go there, they all have their issues.

opanda

Apr 11, 2007
give it a try to 6.5

I have been testing for a while now some 6.5 Roms. From my experience they have bugs, not all the programs can't work on 6.5, etc...

But I am confident since the savesaint 815 that we are going to have a very stable Rom soon. From my experience this was the best in 6.5 roms.

The few bugs that the rom have are solve by now.

xdapocket

Feb 11, 2007
Must wait developments... until Stable!

I have been testing for a while now some 6.5 Roms. From my experience they have bugs, not all the programs can't work on 6.5, etc...

But I am confident since the savesaint 815 that we are going to have a very stable Rom soon. From my experience this was the best in 6.5 roms.

The few bugs that the rom have are solve by now.

Yeah

I agree, things got to get done. WM 6.5 it's not final version yet. Still in development from Microsoft... so got to wait a bit more so that we can really talk about a stable ROM.

Until there, with minor or sometimes a bit major bugs, the latest Builds are working better... :)

John-Wu

Feb 5, 2006
thanks.

installed the rom and after playing with it for a while, i must say that this rom is very good. quick and stable. so i think i stick with this rom for a while.

wm 6.5 is cool, but it soo slow with newer releases, so that i cant use it anymore.

goalex

Nov 24, 2007
Tulcea
I am the same opinion, for now I'll stay with version 6.1 light version to not have problems with iGO.I find on the net windows mobile 5, original vesion HTC P 3600 and I thinking to install that to comarare wm5 and wm6.1. I bought SPV M700 from orange, 2 years ago.

goalex

Nov 24, 2007
Tulcea
I am the same opinion, for now I'll stay with version 6.1 light version to not have problems with iGO.I find on the net windows mobile 5, original vesion HTC P 3600 and I thinking to install that to comarare wm5 and wm6.1, I bought SPV M700 from orange.

John-Wu

Feb 5, 2006
first i was very happy with wm6.5 (first releases). But the more wm6.5 goes further, it's soo slow and the response time is very long (i use spb mobile shell).

I never had problems with tomtom, but with the last wm6.5 releases tomtom runs so slow

gvanels

Apr 25, 2007
Greek rom

first i was very happy with wm6.5 (first releases). But the more wm6.5 goes further, it's soo slow and the response time is very long (i use spb mobile shell).

I never had problems with tomtom, but with the last wm6.5 releases tomtom runs so slow

So is there a greek rom for htc 3600 wm6.5?

xiyan2127

Mar 31, 2008
Male'
Guys i also vote for FInixNOver 3.7.2 manilla 2d rom. but i find a problem with it. the thing is i cannot find the fm radio program on the rom i searched every where, program files all the folders in it but couldnt find and i even tried to search and ask in the rom authors thread even but no reply yet. i would really like to have it. is there a cab somewhere i could use? thanks for help really appreciate this site.

goalex

Nov 24, 2007
Tulcea
Guys i also vote for FInixNOver 3.7.2 manilla 2d rom. but i find a problem with it. the thing is i cannot find the fm radio program on the rom i searched every where, program files all the folders in it but couldnt find and i even tried to search and ask in the rom authors thread even but no reply yet. i would really like to have it. is there a cab somewhere i could use? thanks for help really appreciate this site.

what FM RADIO? Is no such thing in trinity.

Mattster_spv

May 14, 2008
If you are looking for stability, I definitely recommend trying Tomme45i's latest ROM series:

[ROM+KITCHEN][WWE][26.08.09]WM 6.1.21054 + 6.5.23017 Classic

He has stripped away the fancier elements of 6.5 (so personal preference will play a part in deciding if it is the ROM for you) but it's incredibly stable, has excellent memory handling and suffers from no memory leaks.

It is probably the last of his Trinity ROMS, so well worth checking out.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

Last edited: