Firewater S-OFF

Search This thread

themetrio

Feb 8, 2013
I can't post or leave a comment in development thread cause I'm a "newer member" (lower than 10 posts) so I create a thread in this category.

Consider my post cause it could help us to reach S-OFF.
Does Firewater S-OFF method help us?
I think yes cause it talks about "qualcomm-based" devices. Anyone tried it? I will try in a few hours!

Tell me or consider this post.

themetrio

Feb 8, 2013
exit 1 status

I tried but when i had to confirm with "Yes" or "No" the agree terms of condition It returns "1".

I think I get an error and in fact I have S-ON.

EDIT: This is what i get.

Do you understand the implications of these warnings?

(Yes/No)
Y
Y
Type 'Yes' or 'No'
(Yes/No)
Yes
Yes
hmm....why are you here exactly?
1|shell@android:/ # /data/local/tmp/firewater

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Jay

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Don't know this one yet, can't check right now. I'll wait for official rumrunner S-OFF for our device, which will come in the next days.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

oddoneout

Sep 15, 2012
Yeah it doesn't work.

It returns ''hmm....why are you here exactly?'' and does nothing.

themetrio

Feb 8, 2013
I talked to him on freenode#firewater and che said that desire isn't modern, so its method doesn't work.

themetrio

Feb 8, 2013
I: "It doesn't work on HTC Desire X rooted and with unlocked boot loader."
He: "Correct. Desire x != modern"

This is the little conversation.

themetrio

Feb 8, 2013
Guys you should try Rumrunner S-OFF. There is a dedicated thread in Desire X Android development section.

soulasassin

Nov 16, 2009
Rumrunner S-OFF

Now that we have a working S-OFF for the Desire X, is this likely to help improve the development situation as far as getting a fully working CM 10.1/CM 10.2 goes?

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 19, 2013
Size of partitions?? What do u mean by it? I didn't understand it.
Like you can split an hdd in partitions and set them a size, name etc. also android has its partitions to work on: one for bootloader, one for kernel, one for system, etc.
Changing the size it means you can set to which partition you want custom size, for ex. you can change /system partition size to 1mb and you will not be never able to boot a rom, for example..

xpirt

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
There's an app to do this? Or from recovery?

It has to be done outside the phone on a PC. You have to extract the hboot, modify the image, and flash it back to the phone. Back at my old phone, the HTC Aria, we got someone in our forums who wrote a tool for that. But I doubt that it'll be much use for us. For the HTC Aria, it was important to get CM greater or equal 9 running because system partition was too small.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't post or leave a comment in development thread cause I'm a "newer member" (lower than 10 posts) so I create a thread in this category.

Consider my post cause it could help us to reach S-OFF.
    Does Firewater S-OFF method help us?
    I think yes cause it talks about "qualcomm-based" devices. Anyone tried it? I will try in a few hours!

Tell me or consider this post.
    exit 1 status

I tried but when i had to confirm with "Yes" or "No" the agree terms of condition It returns "1".

I think I get an error and in fact I have S-ON.

EDIT: This is what i get.

Do you understand the implications of these warnings?

(Yes/No)
    Y
    Y
    Type 'Yes' or 'No'
    (Yes/No)
    Yes
    Yes
    hmm....why are you here exactly?
    1|shell@android:/ # /data/local/tmp/firewater
    Size of partitions?? What do u mean by it? I didn't understand it.
    Like you can split an hdd in partitions and set them a size, name etc. also android has its partitions to work on: one for bootloader, one for kernel, one for system, etc.
    Changing the size it means you can set to which partition you want custom size, for ex. you can change /system partition size to 1mb and you will not be never able to boot a rom, for example..

xpirt