Flashing ROM with Locked Bootloader?

Search This thread

tally114

Sep 22, 2009
Hi there,

At the moment I'm running Android 4.4.2 Stock ROM, but I want to switch to MIUI V5. I would like to know if it's possible to do this while having a locked Bootloader.

P.S.: First I used the towelroot-method to get root acces, then I installed SuperSU and CWM Recovery. So that's already done.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Isn't MIUI based on AOSP/CM? If it is, then you cannot flash it on a locked bootloader.

Edit - It seems the rom that gripfly linked to can be flashed on locked bootloaders. Disregard my post. ?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

tally114

Sep 22, 2009
Isn't MIUI based on AOSP/CM? If it is, then you cannot flash it on a locked bootloader.

Edit - It seems the rom that gripfly linked to can be flashed on locked bootloaders. Disregard my post. ?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Too bad it's an outdated ROM. I would love to see the newest MIUI ROM running on this beauty, but I'm too scared to try it out and mess it up, and then risking to lose the DRM key.

Edit: Are there any good ROMS with nice GUI apart from Sony's UI for the Xperia Z? The MIUI ROM V5 is based on Android 4.2.2, which is more a downgrade than an upgrade...

Last edited:

Orangewanted

Jun 3, 2014
Too bad it's an outdated ROM. I would love to see the newest MIUI ROM running on this beauty, but I'm too scared to try it out and mess it up, and then risking to lose the DRM key.

Edit: Are there any good ROMS with nice GUI apart from Sony's UI for the Xperia Z? The MIUI ROM V5 is based on Android 4.2.2, which is more a downgrade than an upgrade...

There are many good ROMs on the forum.:D
Actually, UI varies from person to person so it's very difficult to say which one is better, you can search in the forum and find a suitable one.
As for me, I highly recommend PA which include many good features. ;)

Top Liked Posts