CWM: Can only see backups in Recovery?

Search This thread

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
This may or may not be my first post but I've been on this forum for years now - I hope this attests to my searching ability and tells you that I am not someone who is lazy and didn't look up answers (Skip the next paragraph if you don't want to read the steps leading up to my issue).

I have a Galaxy S3 from Sprint. I'm running the newest Cyanogenmod on it (running 4.4.3) and I hate how large everything looks. Couldn't find a solution, so I decided to try and restore my old backup. The MD5 check failed, and the only backup I have that works is from May, or three backups ago. I read that I can force it to load by accessing the hash file and deleting the contents but I can't find my backups.

I've searched online several times and the only backup I can find on any Explorer (ES File Explorer, Astro Manager, File Manager) is the one from May which is on my ExtSD. It doesn't show up on my computer either when connected by USB. Booting into Recovery shows me the backups. I'm searching with hidden and protected files viewable/editable. I would've sworn to you before typing this that the other folders which showed up alongside the clockworkmod one were 0\ and [something else] but when I went to check again before posting this I saw that CWM says they're in the sdcard\clockworkmod\backup folder. I've attached screenshots to show you what I see.

Any help is greatly appreciated and my apologies if this has been discussed, but I've looked in every folder suggested and did a phone-wide search - nothing!

Edit: My girlfriend thinks I have a nice phone!!!!

Well my friend your searching ability is a bit off today :D Wrong forum post here >> http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-sprint <<