Broken Screen :*(

Search This thread

johnadelic

Dec 25, 2011
Bothell
I let my son use my cool SGS4G but today I found it with a cracked!

So now I am reaching out to you guys. Anyone have a SGS4G that has a working screen bit is bricked or the USB jack is broken? If so send me a message or post here.

Thanks.

Sent from inside the time vortex

Last edited:

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
I let my son use my cool SGS4G but today I found it with a cracked!

So now I am reaching out to you guys. Anyone have a SGS4G that has a working screen bit is bricked or the USB jack is broken? If so send me a message or post here.

Thanks.

Replacement screen. You're in Bothell, so if you have the tools and tape to replace the screen, I'd be happy to help you replace the screen.

johnadelic

Dec 25, 2011
Bothell
Replacement screen. You're in Bothell, so if you have the tools and tape to replace the screen, I'd be happy to help you replace the screen.

Thanks buddy, dang $50 is a bit more than I wanted to spend. I am trying to source a broken phone with a good screen to do a translate on it. If I find one I will let you know. Maybe we could meet up at 3rd place books some night and knock it out.

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks buddy, dang $50 is a bit more than I wanted to spend. I am trying to source a broken phone with a good screen to do a translate on it. If I find one I will let you know. Maybe we could meet up at 3rd place books some night and knock it out.

All of the info you need, you can find here.
They also show the recommended tools. I don't have a heat gun, but I do have the percision screwdriver set (I think I have a few of them), and I just use medium soft guitar picks instead of their more expensive prying tools.

In the end, you will spend some money up front to get any tools you'd need, but you'll have them if you need them again.

The screen is expensive, because it also replaces the digitizer - which is why it is more expensive.

You could always go the commercial repair route. I highly recommend adding unbrickable mod, but it's super hard (or easy if you don't pay attention to your model number) to brick the sgh-t959v.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry about your broken screen, i just wonder u had a screen protector film on it or not ?