Any chance to convert Android into Windows Mobile?

Search This thread

SAILOR-HB

Aug 23, 2009
in my opinion, Windows Mobile is more powerful than Android. I like WM more than Android because in Android the task management was not so reasonable(it always close applications running at background).

For example, sometimes, i opened some web pages, then received a call, after the call i had to reopen all pages because the browser was closed. if some page was using "post" method, then i had to do the "post" job from the begining; if some page had some text area, such as an email web ui, when the call was coming, all of the text in the textbox was gone.

But in WM, this will never happen.

In fact, I chose XPERIA PLAY only because of its game pad, not Android. If its a WM phone, it must be very very powerful with its hardware configuration.

So, was anybody working for a WM firmware for Xperia Play?

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
Firstly this falls surely into the Q&A section.

Secondly, there's no Windows Mobile source from which you can build a ROM. While you can flash stuff which originally contained WM with Android (and that is an amazing and extraordinary feat if it is done) the contrary is nigh impossible as there is no source.

XPlay-Swype

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011

Secondly, there's no Windows Mobile source from which you can build a ROM. While you can flash stuff which originally contained WM with Android (and that is an amazing and extraordinary feat if it is done) the contrary is nigh impossible as there is no source.

XPlay-Swype

You forgot thirdly. Thirdly, why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good device by sticking a Microsoft product on it? :D

Sent from my R800x using XDA

rmriggin

May 19, 2008
Nobody feed the troll. I have an HTC titan and a focus s and yet I use the xperia play because I can't get enough Android :)

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
In before the lock.

I think the best solution for you is to get a windows phone and may be a bluetooth controller or with slide out keyboard.

I think there is as much chance of running it on Android as with iOS.

Wait for the official ICS release maybe.

Last edited:

crono141

Jan 4, 2011
West Columbia, SC
4th of all, none of his problems actually exist. Browser doesn't close, post data is not lost, text data is not lost. He's being a fanboy, in the vein of Super Nintendo vs Sega Genesis.

diohellfire

Dec 8, 2010
São Paulo
however it depends on your opinion, I think to say that Windows Mobile is better than android is because you have not used WM for long, android is almost unlimited, while others seem Mobile OS prison

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
Hmm... install the worst UI app you can find, find some way to drastically decrease the performance of everything, and find an app that makes the OS gradually function worse as you install more.

I jest, I jest... I loved my HTC P4550 back in the day, but lets be real :)

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
Hmm... install the worst UI app you can find, find some way to drastically decrease the performance of everything, and find an app that makes the OS gradually function worse as you install more.

I jest, I jest... I loved my HTC P4550 back in the day, but lets be real :)

Ha, ha. Too funny but too true! My last WM phone was the HTC Tilt. I still have it in case anyone ever tried to break-in my house I can throw it at them in self defense. This thing was like a cellphone from the 90's & it weighs a ton when I hold it now. Now It was good for its time but I agree with others that android outperforms WM in everything(and Ios). That problem where you lose something in a textfield that you were typing when a call comes in happens once in a while for me, but I'm doing many things at once. If you are backing out of app, I would copy my text then back out. Google technology syncing (email,calendar,maps,etc) is enough to not even consider WM again. The only thing remotely attractive from WM at this time is the homescreen tiles that they have already ported into some launchers bought at market/play store.

Sent from my ICS KA twizz-elve

m0o5

Apr 30, 2007
I kind of agree with OP .. WinMo was a more mature OS, with much more customizabilty than droid has, even now. Taskmanagment was "better", you could exclude, hide and keep alive anything exactly your way. The thing which has upset me the most about my OS migration from WM to droid is the fingerfriendly features people seem to want these days, everything is huge! :D

On the other hand .. you had to be an expert to flash, tweak and build your own UI, taskbar, lockscreen, menus etc, WM wasn't the most stable OS ever produced. I never loved WM6.5 and above, always stuck with 6.1.

Last edited:

mathacer

Jul 28, 2011
surabaya, indonesia
I agree to OP, I have windows mobile 6.5 in my Xperia X1, the ui is unique, task manager is better than my xplay, but X1 is still using resistive screen :-(...

But WM n android have their own UI, and the most important android is open source...

I love both of them so i am still using them...

Sent from my SONY ERICSSON Xperia play & X1 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

XPlay-Swype

You forgot thirdly. Thirdly, why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good device by sticking a Microsoft product on it? :D

Sent from my R800x using XDA
    I know how, you put your Xperia Play into the toaster and it comes back with the functionality of a Microsoft product.

Sent from my Dark R800i using Tapatalk 2